Ozmosis
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ozmosis Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
The expectations were made very clear early on. the pay and the discounts and benefits of the job were good. it was enjoyable overall interacting and communicating with the customers, I appreciated how clear the expectations of you were made from day one, the management really ensured all staff knew about the products and what their duties were. However the work environment was very high-schoolish lots of gossip between management about staff and even to other staff and shifts were based on popularity too.
I enjoyed my time at Ozmosis, picking outfits out for customers, helping with Christmas shopping and stock. I had so much fun putting together floor plans and checking out the new styles and trends of clothes coming in and out of the store. everyone was so polite all the way down to the delivery man. Great first job and my manager was a treat to work under.
My day to day included managing a small and fun team, to always be excelling in everything they do and shaping them in the best way to compliment the company. always following policys and procedures and keeping in contact with H/O to ensure all tasks being completed correctly.
Very good learning experience as I got to learn so many things about retails as well as working as a team and being able to make connections with customers and sell a good product
Getting a job at this store was difficult and after a few months they stopped giving me shifts with no notice or explanation. I enjoyed working the shifts, mostly because of the customers.
Working at Ozmosis I was a part of a fun team environment, great team mates and great working hours with plenty of opportunities for further training.
Working in the previously located Ozmosis Warehouse in Keysborough was a typical work environment. Workers got along well together despite the repetitive nature of the work.
The staff are awesome and they are very inconclusive. The training is great and very helpful and the staff discounts are great. Plus you dont have to wear the clothes.
Pros
30% off clothing
Cons
Not many hours in winter
Your job is only ever as good as the people you work with. At Pakenham Ozmosis, I felt left out and my coworkers and manager did not include me or make me feel welcome or part of the team. I was not even informed when they let me go, they simply stopped giving me shifts.
Pros
opportunities to go to product nights and learn about the merchandise
Cons
coworkers were not friendly, very cliquey and exclusive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ozmosis?
I would always arrive ten minutes before the start of my shift by going to the back and reviewing the store's budget, UPT, recent news etc. I would then clock on and usually be doing jobs such as merchandising, size ordering, assisting customers and processing transactions. The workplace culture was very inviting and relaxed. Ozmosis is very customer focused which is great along with a good presentation of the store. Management were ok but were not very helpful when it came to training. That was definitely the hardest part of the job - having to learn everything for the first time with a customer. When I asked how to do something they would just take over and so I would never learn how to actually do that task. The most enjoyable part was definitely helping customers especially those who were really appreciative of my help :)
Pros
Good Product, clean store, friendly staff, reasonable length shifts, professional interview process, good pay
Cons
Not enough shifts, no proper training (eg. working the computer system), music way too loud
working for ozmosis has taught me all I know about excellent customer service as well as always treating me with the upmost respect. I love going to work every shift, the worst part of the job however is the lack of shifts they give me.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
lack of shifts
This job has helped me gain a lot of life and job skills and they focus on the well being of the employees which is great. The staff is always friendly and are always willing to help
Pros
Hourly rates, friendly work environment
Cons
Not enough shifts
Business with a very high potential for development, excellent regular customer base, very good location and trendy menu. the most enjoyable part was to serve people and make their day, and the hardest part was the intensity of work and hours
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
understaffed
This was the best company to begin my working career. I was fresh into the workplace when I first began in this company, not only were they patient throughout my growing and maturing during this time but all my superiors took time to teach and train me. I was studying at University during my first few years at Ozmosis, and not doing very well, but my job was the only area where I was succeeding and growing. My colleagues created a space where I was valued, important, and needed. This allowed me to keep a positive head-space to develop specialties within retail that I didn't have before. Ozmosis opperates very systematically and professionally. Team were periodically reviewed on performance and celebrated for their wins and made aware to their areas of opportunity. We are given opportunities to change and improve, or to reflect and assess whether Ozmosis is where we should be. There are insentives for hard work and many emails and phone calls that go out to recognise and acknowlege triumphs and improvements. I am proud to have worked with a company that values diversity, hard work, and individuality. It was easy to grow and want to do your best for this company, as it really see's the individual amongst the many. This isn't just a job, so if you are ready to work hard and open your mind I could not recommend this company enough
Pros
Positive Work Environment, 'Can Do' Attitudes, Team Incentives, Product Nights
Cons
Every changing working hours
On a typical day, I would come to work, clock on, have a quick look at sales numbers and targets before heading out onto the floor. When we weren't busy I would clean mirrors and shelves, fold clothes and fix up displays, help with new stock merchandising etc. This workplace had a relaxed surfy culture, consistent with the Ozmosis brand, but there were times where this clashed with the rigid management style and the expected sales strategies. Every customer had to be greeted in the same way and I wasn't allowed to ask how they were, as this was considered insincere. There were other times where I would be helping a customer and leading them to the back of the store to find an item, but another salesperson would then take over the sale and I would be told off by management for leaving my section of the store. Despite all of this, I really enjoyed the role. It helped me to gain confidence, and I was able to learn a lot about sales and customer service.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, fun vibe
Cons
Rigid rules, no room to improvise/try something new
The people I worked with in this job, made it a great place to work for. Very down to earth people and a good line of communication with all supervisors and management.
Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance. Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items. Advises customers by providing information on products. Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
This company is a wonderful company to work for, they were very inviting and welcoming. I had a wonderful experience when working there, it was an amazing time.
- Tbh it hasn't been as good as i thought it would be, to much messing around and hardly got an - Good Pay - Layed back work atmosphere - Always busy - Hardly any shifts
Enjoyed working there very much, allowed new experiences. Played a valuable role as a team player and was eager to come to work each day.
A typical day at work required me to be one of the designated staff on the floor. I typically ensured that my assigned section was clean and well presented. I greeted all people that came through my section as well as at the door. I assisted people find products/merchandise that they were looking for to ensure that they left the store satisfied with their purchase. While woking at Ozmosis, I learnt how to deal with different types of people. As it was my first job, I didn't know how to approach people within the retail environment, but working at Ozmosis taught me how to do so accordingly. Being a large store there were two store managers. One of the store managers, who I frequently interacted with was always nice and willing to help with anything. The other store manager preferred to go about his business and wasn't that friendly or helpful. The staff on the other hand were amazing. They were all very nice and welcoming towards all the christmas casual staff. They made it a pleasant environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was gaining confidence to speak to customers. As it was my first job, I was really shy the first week, but the more I worked the more confident I became. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people every day. I have always enjoyed talking to people and it was a huge part of the job, so that was really enjoyable for me.
Pros
Getting to listen to awesome music all day in store
Cons
The rude customers i encountered