OzStaff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

OzStaff Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
A great experience working with the OzStaff casual staff ongoing role, it is a great job can work in the different companies. Employees are very friendly.
Do not use them.....Absolutely disgusting management... No respect for their employees... Constantly harassed for 8 weeeks regarding COVID 19 declaration and then refused pay if not filled out... They can change rules any time and expect their host to pay... On the verge of bullying
Received a call 6:30am to start at a job in an hour. Had to submit all my identity paperwork via email in a hurry. Later found out all gone to an Indian call center. You then ring Melbourne and you get India..open for identity theft. Then they refused to pay me till I pestered them. Just a horrible experience. Try and avoid them.

was.anhad to
Got me work 5 days a week work. Always checked to see if I was going ok. If you let oz staff know of upcoming days off. They mark it down and that's fine. Overall a good company to work for.
OzStaff have been a headache to say the least. Will rip you off hours of pay then send you on a endless loop of 'we will be in touch' emails. ( I still havent had my pay sorted from errors three weeks ago!)

Once you have signed up you pretty much will never speak to anyone in Australia again. The call centre is in India, and have no local knowledge or understanding of life here in Australia. The all have fake names too, its insulting to take jobs from our country and then treat us like dirt.

Expect to be given the run around with OzStaff!! I do not recommend working with them.
They are a very friendly and accommodating people,they try to service your needs as best they can as an agency,the recruiters are very nice and do their best.
Overall they are 4/5 they are much better than a lot of companies out there and I would recommend getting on board with them asap.
Pros
regular work
I applied for Assembly job and I passed many assessments relevant with assembly and power tools knowledgmen but they found process worker job in food factory. They call me 8 pm and asked me to hurry and to be ready to work on tomorrow at 5 am.
So far I have worked with so many agencies I would honestly say ozstaff is really very reliable agency,it just gave me work immediately,also people are very nice,very friendly,they do not hesitate to answer any of our questions.It's very productive and the companies which they send us are very professional and they treat their workers so we'll too.It's a very good agency to work.with.
Pros
New experience, learn new things
Cons
Longhours
Been with Oz staff for over an year, the first couple of months were tough as your still getting into the system and you do get ad-hoc calls to report to a site urgently then there were days that there was no work. But saying that, it was the best they could do at the time as I had zero warehousing experience. After two months they got me into a company unloading containers. Since then they have helped me progress to order picking and now have progressed into stock control.

The staff at Oz staff are the best and always more then happy to assist with issues and difficulties.
Pros
Awesome staff, regular work, great cture
Cons
Ad-hoc work in the begining
There are a variety of work places you should be prepared to work at , with various roles. Travel seems a must as most were from 45mins to 75 mins away. Workplace conditions did vary from tidy NBN warehouse, Milk plant and packaging of cleaning substances. Pay will varies with differing roles. Sometimes i was given a production role in a highly repetitive work environment.
Pros
New experiences
Cons
Short notice, Travel can be excessive, Some 12hr shifts
I was surprised with the guidelines they gave me throughout the job application process. They knew exactly what I was looking out for and delivered connected updates regularly. A great experience to interact with their professional team and the efforts paid off with my
successful placement. It was my first interaction with Ozstaff and I am gratified with all they had to offer. Thank You!
Once signed up, expect maybe 2 shifts a week with an hours notice...usually a phone call at 5.30am to commence a shift at 7am, if you are lucky.

Sometimes the shift has started and they wake you up and ask how quickly you can commence!

No, you are not paid an on call allowance, you are just another casual trying to get work.

Jobs are repetitive and you are just a minion who happens to have some work that day with no security at all. Companies expect you to know all their processes immediately and full time workers can be hyde or Jekyll depending on who you work near or with.

Ah, the life of a casual...lol
Pros
Free to leave
Cons
Inconsistent work
Official response from OzStaff
8 March 2016
Good afternoon, thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear you feel like this. Our aim is to get all of our casual staff as many shifts as possible, depending on the clients demands. If being on the available list for short notice work does not suit, that's fine too, we will call you with however much notice you require. Please call our office and speak to our Manager on 9793 1133 should you wish to discuss the process or any other employment options we may be able to offer.
the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the staff at oz staff as I found the to be friendly and co operative in any means of request I put forth
A typical day at work required me interviewing people on the phone or in person.
I would work on a project plan on a daily basis that the CEO required me to do.

My coworkers were so friendly to me.

Hardest part of the job was initially interviewing people as I was uncertain at times

The most enjoyable part of my job was working on the project plan. It gave me a chance to be creative and use my own free thoughts to build something.
Pros
I was meant to work voluntarily only but they were kind enough to pay me for my time their.
Cons
Long hours occasionally.
hard worker, picking , unloading containers, pallet wrapping.
Casual work.
Work positions and tasks can vary in each shift.

Work where needed.

Great place to work but not enough of it
Pros
Different shifts
Cons
Not enough work