PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Miserable place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mayhew,ms27 September 2018
The worst job i ever had they treat you as if you are a child or as its a priveledge to work for paccar employee's are definetly not #1 if u looking to retire in the next few years then its the place for you
Pros
Cons
Poorly operated
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC28 August 2018
I was an intern for 4 months. People said that the starting salary is good but it doesn't go up as fast as other companies. I've seen some people count the number of days before their retirement. They looked bored in the offices.
A good place to start and a good place to retire
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USA23 August 2018
PACCAR is an excellent place to start working and an excellent place to retire. As a starting job, pay and benefits are amazing. The retirement plan is amazing. Not only do they have a 401(k) (with up to 5% matching) but there's also a pension plan. Not many companies have that anymore. However, for a mid-career employer, it seems lacking. The advancement potential seems low as they prefer to practice "pro-tations." This is when, instead of a promotion, they rotate you around for you to gain experience in other fields. Eventually though, you will have done everything and stay where you are. Given that that is the only negative I can think of at PACCAR, I very much do recommend it.
Challenging and Educational Experience
Sr.Lease Admin./Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 August 2018
My day never began as intended. Before my coat was off I would have several people asking for something. It was fast paced, stressful and demanding of perfection.

I learned how to multi-task and prioritize work tasks.

The work culture was very professional as this was a corporate office environment. I could be tasked to provide upper management to CEO and senior staff assistance as anytime.

The most difficult part of my job was a very demanding senior officer requesting assistance in simple daily operations, i.e. computer usage, email and phones. I have to say after 20 years I did a great job in training. At year 6 - I was able to eliminate the Dictaphone!

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met and had a professional relationship with. A great company with support and training.
Pros
A progressive compay, well rounded
Cons
Stressfull work enviroment, must be able to multi-task.
Great experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MS19 August 2018
No two days were the same at PEC; which was a good thing. I was fortunate to work with a close-knit team.

We worked hard and always had tons of great food. It was one of the first jobs that felt more family-oriented than anything else.

The hardest part of the job was the initial learning curve of the duties which settled after a month or two.

The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to meet the people there and help solve problems wherever possible.
Pros
Great company benefits; Competitive Pay; and internal promotion practices
Good experience but old fashioned
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA13 August 2018
I had a good experience working at PACCAR and learned a lot working in the accounting department. The company is definitely behind the times and needs to start adapting to the current job market or they won't be able to attract new talent. Overall I don't regret working at PACCAR because of how much I learned, but the company definitely needs a cultural overhaul.
Cons
Strict dress code, strict hours
Decent place to get experience
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WA13 August 2018
Decent place to work, you can get alot of experience here. The work culture is very 1970's and very old school. They need to change the culture to get the best employees pssoible
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
management, culture
good
Full Stack Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 August 2018
Everyone here is really smart, and wants to succeed both personally, and as a company. People collaborate and help each other, focus on data, and truly focus on the customer
It is Fun to work at Paccar
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WA8 August 2018
It nice to work at Paccar with family since their schedule is flexible and the work balance so good but i want new challenge for two reason one the commute issue and prefer to work remote
Excellent Corporate company
.NET intern in PacLease (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA29 July 2018
PACCAR is a great place to work. The corporate culture of the company is too good and systematic. There is not much work-stress at least for IT people.
Global, Innovative
Supplier Quality Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA23 July 2018
Traditional, fast paced environment. Global, stabil company with benefits and room for advancement if you are dedicated and hard working. I loved my time in the purchasing department.
Pros
Lunch room available for employees
Good work life balance
Business Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA29 June 2018
I've learned a lot at PACCAR. Management tends to give promotions to folks who actively try to make PACCAR a better company. It doesn't matter what your job is, your experience is based on what you make of it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation
Conservative environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA24 June 2018
Business formal environment. Pretty conservative for being in the Pacific Northwest. Provides great foundational knowledge that sets you up for success outside of organization.
Pros
structured procedures and policies
Cons
great foundational knowledge
Fun work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL10 June 2018
Fast paced with plenty of task to keep time moving. Great team work and daily goals set always provided extra enthusiasm to get higher production levels.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
High changeover in management
Great, fun, relaxed, fun place to work.
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MS7 June 2018
Paccar overall is a great place to work and you dont have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week. The people are friendly and nice from supervisor, managers, to your co-workers. Great pay and benefits
Pros
free uniforms and supplies
Cons
short lunch breaks
Bonne emplois
Magasinier (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC6 June 2018
Je considère que ces un bon employeur et que les avantages sociales son bien
Cons
Aucun conciliation travail famille
Very traditional
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 May 2018
Old School approach to business. Has a history of doing very well, but is also pretty inflexible with their business practices. This means that there are not a lot of young people who work there.
fausse promesse
Assembleur de camion (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC27 May 2018
on m'a promis que j'aillais essayer plusieur poste, on m'a laisser au même poste, et lorsque j'ai poser la question on ma dit que j'allais avoir une note négative dans mon dossier comme quoi je suis trop difficile ( même si c'est promis a la base ). mais sinon cest correct
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MS25 May 2018
No complaints so far. It's been a great place to work. From an engineering standpoint, there is a lot of support and autonomy. They also provide a pension.
Current employee
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL25 May 2018
Paccar is a great company. Management respects you and yet they also push you to do your best.
Pay and benefits are great.
The culture is good. All co workers are friendly.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, good culture.
Cons
Not much overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.