Pacific Concepts

Pacific Concepts Employee Reviews

Australia59 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Management doesn't care.

Good luck getting the management at The Bavarian in Mackay to appreciate you. Much of the staff do not feel as if the bosses are putting in enough work. The venue manager also has poor people management skills.

Fun and comfortable work environment

I love working at Bavarian. The people are diverse and friendly. Fast paced and exciting environment. Professional management with excellent experienced.

Pros

Family and friendly restaurant

Cons

Lack of manpower on the weekend

Pacific Concepts insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun working environment

Good environment to start your career.Good training from the Head Chef and senior chefs.Everyday I learned new things new skills and experienced good management

Pros

Free meals

Excellent

Good company. Always supports staffs when needed. Human resource is dependable when you need something from them. We have a lot of branches and chefs are supporting each other as a starting chef in australia this company is good for you.

Pros

Good Company

Cons

Overtime

Great work environment

Loved working here! The Managers were amazing and the staff were so friendly. The customers were amazing because it was right on the main street of bondi beach so you met people from all over the world!

It was very good working over there

Working at their helped me a lot to increase my ability and confidence to work. Management was good. It helped me to work in fast pace environment. Frankly speaking it helped me to improve my skill.

Productive and fun place to work

Very nice place, the menu is great if you are looking for a beer and snack... glass of wine will work as well. It's reasonably priced and the staff is very friendly and accommodating, I was alone and they took good care of me.

fun work mates,

i dont know what to say, they have free food for employees, my workmates are amazing, its such a busy place. but pressure is always there like any other kitchen.

Pros

free food

lovely work teammates , support and hardwork by overall team

time flies over the venue, because of the busy venue. little conflict with the customers satisfaction, but overall is a good place to work for better wages

Buen restaurante

Gente de trabajo hermosa, una atmósfera de trabajo muy fuerte y ocupada, pero muy feliz de haber trabajado para este restaurante

Pros

Buen pago

Not good enough

They just called you and tell you that you are not allowed to work anymore. They said unsuccessfull probationary but they did not explain on what grounds. They just terminate the employees with no reason.

Genuinely a fun place to work, granted you have the hours

I have worked at the Bavarian for a good few months now. The work is genuinely fun, especially with the patrons. But when work's quiet, be prepared to have heavily reduced hours. You can have your good days when you work for hours day after day, plus there are tips involved that you get to keep as a worker who earned them from a customer. But the job can be very situational. The job itself is more inclined towards a manager or bartender role than a waiter because you will likely have more reduced hours than a bartender.

Pros

Reduced prices on food and drinks at any site.

Cons

Situational hours, heavily reduced hours

fast paced and vibrant

i is a good place to work in. it is a stressful place sometimes but the managers support you well. They have a very tasty menu and yummy margaritas that are served frozen.

Fun workplace to work near the beach

Best place to work as managers are super cool and they teach you as many times you want with any hesitation. Working in bar is hard as it gets busy most of the times but its kind of fun.

Bad organised but a good place

The restaurant was very bad organized. All the managers didn't know anything about how to organize. As well, we were a team of more than 10 waiters and we only had 10-15hs per week.

Fun place to work is a backpacker in Sydney

The work was fun and the people were great but the company itself is incredibly cheap and they really try to save every penny where applicable... I.e ordering kegs, proper maintenance of beer taps and keg lines, staff meals, and discounts for staff. people are fun to work with though..

Collaborative workplace

I recomme d to work in such a company where future progression and collaboration is highly admired. The working culture, friendly and supportive team work is what it foster for.

Pros

flexible

Cons

long shifts

You've been warned

Management is just a bunch of british backpackers hiring their friends. Hours are EASILY cut so I hope you dont have bills to pay. The entire restaurant is unorganized including the lazy kitchen crew. God forbid that you have a problem because the managers are so lazy that they'll just tell you to "figure it out"instead of you know.. actually managing. Hours are afternoon- late night which is expected but you will be working every friday and saturday night (approx. 5pm-2am) and if you ask for a weekend day off expect the next schedule to not have your name on it. I recommend using these people for a quick check until you get your come up.

Hosting is really fun.

The hosting part of the job is laid back and really quite fun. You make lots of friends whilst doing the job too. But bartending is fast paced, a lot to learn and can be quite daunting.

friendly coworkers and managment, not to much else positive to say really

As friendly of an environment that is possible in hospitality. Management was great at first but slowly spiraled as every manager quit or shifted away from the venue. No job security of benefits what so ever. but what else could you expect for a casual position.

Great work culture at the expense of personal time

The work culture here is great, however, their seems to be an unfair treatment towards the employees from the upper management due to the working hours. Salary is fair and opportunity for growth is not as bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pacific Concepts with