Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 1,184 reviews
Productive and capturing workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD9 March 2019
Pandora enabled me to experience life in the retail spectrum. Through working at this store I have become equipped with many useful and productive skills.
Pros
good discount
Cons
short breaks
Very disapointing
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watergardens VIC3 February 2019
I was hired as a casual.
There was no training provided and they expected you to know everything by learning on your own online.
Jewellery is complicated and with so many products it takes time and kindness from experienced staff to learn but these girls didn't help as they had nothing to gain out of it.
The manager never taught me anything and would look bothered if I asked something as if I annoyed her.
There was no support and was a negative experience overall based on the lack of care and no training by the employees and manager.
Most of the things are things anybody can learn within time but they would treat me and look at me as if I was worthless and not good enough to be there.
The manager also I could tell just cared about herself and didn't give two hoots about that I needed guidance and would just watch me struggle.
So every shift I would go home feeling awful about myself.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
everything else
Nightmare
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC14 January 2019
The manger was awful and was bias. She picked favourites and demonstrated this clearly through the rostering; short shifts and cut shifts. She also would tell you to hurry up and laugh at you when you made a mistake, I witnessed this with her and another staff member.

I stuck it out here for over a year because some of the girls I worked with I was close friends with. Was so keen to leave.

The full time staff gossip and talk about customers and other casuals on the headsets. They also laugh and make fun of you if you ask a question or are unsure of where something is kept. Considering the environment is a complete mess and there is hardly an organisational system.

The 2IC were friendly, but the manager pulled their strings and they were awful and got angry when you request a shift change.

One of the men on concierge was incredibly rude to customers and our staff, although he was a managers' favourite so no point letting her know.

The manager even made staff fear her, not on. Although everyone just thought she was a joke.

Do not apply here, it is a toxic working environment. And you do not get paid for your training.

The regional manager was nice.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Shifts cut, bias management, poor working environment
Fantastic Staff and Management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD5 January 2019
Training was incredible. Standards were clear. Fantastic staff incentives and pay was minimum wage retail award. Experience was something i will value for life
Pros
great incentives and protective policies for staff
Cons
pay could be better
Do not apply for pandora
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC15 December 2018
I worked at Pandora as a Christmas casual. I had high hopes for this company but it turned out to be the worst experience ever.

Store Manager and other full time staffs have rbf, and they are allowed to talk about non-related work stuff during work hours but when we get do, they tell us off.

They always say that they put customer first however all they cared about was money, hitting targets etc.

Store Manager/ Assistant Store Managers are very bias. It is very obvious when they do not like the person; rostering them on short shifts and cutting many hours on a shift.

Even though staff discounts are great, the store manager gives you an attitude for it when you made a purchase.

The hourly pay were average wage but since you only work for a short number of hours, the pay in a day is certainly not pleasing. I had a terrible experience with Pandora and I would never recommend anyone work there and I will definitely not renew my contract with Pandora.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Terrible management
good place to work if you under 25!
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Victoria2 December 2018
if you are 24+ I suggest you to apply to another job. the environment amongst sales assistant is great but not a big fan of the management, they hired so many new casual staff just so they can cut shift for the others. I don't understand the logic ???
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
store manager often cut shift.
Great place to work, everyone is so friendly and management is very flexible
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuggeranong ACT5 October 2018
Pandora has been a great place to work, I have been there for a year and have never met anyone that I do not like. They never roster you on if you can't work and they give everyone fair shifts. The management has been very flexible with all of my other commitments with sporting and with my degree as well.
Pros
Great people, good discount, great work environment
Cons
some pressure with sales
Pandora
Cash handling, Stock takes, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD24 July 2018
Pandora where do I start this store was always busy. It was worse during school holidays and Christmas time. It was a good place to work but did get challenging at times.
Very unorganised management
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 June 2018
Different managers telling the workers how to do each job differently and will tell you off for following a different instruction from another manager. They need to talk to each other and organise it.
Great people, Great work environment, Terrible Leadership from the top
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW - Belrose HO25 June 2018
Loved working at Pandora Head Office at Belrose.
Beautiful office and great people to work with.
Unfortunately the top management team are too worried about protecting their own agendas to lead the company.
Would highly recommend working there - ignore the politics and you'll have a great time!
Pros
Beautiful office at Belrose, Great colleagues, Gorgeous events
Cons
Terrible Management
productive and fun warlike
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD24 May 2018
I loved working there and was very sad to leave. I loved all the staff there and how they each treated customers with respect. I also loved working with customers in that environment.
Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC10 April 2018
Worked as a Christmas Casual over the busy period. My store hadn't opened yet when they hired me so I was sent to other stores for 2 months whilst they kept delaying the opening.

- Senior staff members were constantly gossiping and making fun of new staff
- All they cared about was money, nothing else. We were always pressured to force customer's into buying more when that clearly wasn't what they wanted
- Managers would get food delivered to the store using petty cash, then not let anyone else eat it during breaks, despite store policy
- Very inconsistent shifts given, rostering people for months ahead, long before availability was due
- Many of us paid incorrect amounts
- Constantly telling people last minute their shift was over because the store hadn't made enough money that day
- Sent out weekly ranking's of the 'top performing employees' and 'lowest performing employees'

As my contract was ending at the end of the christmas period I did not wish to continue working for them, and I informed them of such. They sent me a new contract, with daily reminders to sign it so I did because I needed the money. Weeks later in a group email about something else they stated the contracts were sent accidentally, and to ignore them. I contacted the manager informing her that I was not impressed and that was a legal binding document. I never got a reply or another shift, was sent a letter of resignation to sign and never heard from the company or anyone ever again.

Even though the pay and discounts were good, I had a terrible experience with Pandora and I would never recommend
  more... anyone work there and I will CERTAINLY never purchase from the company again.  less
Pros
Decent pay, Staff discounts
Cons
Everything stated above
Fun place to work and everyone is so nice
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  ACT ACT4 April 2018
I've been working at PANDORA for about 6 months and I still love going to work, all the managers and other casuals are so nice and make going to work so fun. I have met others girls from other stores and they also all so lovely.
Great place to work, very flexible with uni and my other sporting commitments.
Sales based work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW30 March 2018
Worked with great people to ensure customer satisfaction. Knowledge of jewellery required and previous sales experience needed. Conflict resolution skills required.
Bad work culture
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD23 February 2018
Very clicky group
Management would cancel shifts at short notice based on their takings for the day
Cramped working conditions
Inadequate training
No encouragement just pressure to sell more than 3 things even if the customer did not want it
Pros
Discounted jewellery
Great vibe!!
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 February 2018
So far so good! Girls are easy to talk to and people care deeply about the brand. Discount is great. Hardest part is probably the KPIS and trying to hit budget
Pros
The staff
Cons
Kpis
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 February 2018
Great place to work, helping people design jewellery for their love ones and getting to know stories along the way for each piece is exciting as well.
alright
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC27 December 2017
good for experience, you need to know a fair bit of information as per any job. However, if its your first time in the work force, maybe find somewhere else first. However, really good work environment. But if not working during busy times, could get really boring for those who look for a job that always has you doing something.
Very early mornings ahead!
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 December 2017
Great training where you can win awards including jewellery. depending on the store, be prepared for extremely early starts, 6:30am! Stores are packed full over Christmas so you need a lot of patience and be good at dodging. Good wages. Uniform provided. Permanent staff were friendly and good at helping when it is needed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and early starts
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC15 November 2017
Working with pandora was enjoyable, loved the jewelerry and was a great environment to learn retail standards
great management and good team members thx