Panera Bread
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Showing all 18,901 reviews

Fun fast moving work environment

Good job to learn customer service and team building skills. Great leadership from management and flexible working hours and with staff willing to learn.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Hourly pay

Amarillo new store

Attn!! People who are interested in working for the new store in Amarillo. They send you to lubbock for training. They promise gas reimbursement $40 one way and it took almost 2 weeks for me to get it. They only give you $50 a week for food. You have to house with people you dont know. Training is a joke, lot's of drama. You only get 5 or 6 hrs a day. Very stressful environment.

When you're new, you are ignored or bullied. And about benefits. Newsflash: There are none.

I had so much enthusiasm when I started out. The General Manager was very accessible and eventually won't even help you out if you have questions. Try asking the four managers about certain items like paid sick leave, but only General Manager would know. Underpaid much for the amount of work we all do. Totally NO BENEFITS. Always understaffed because people quit.Poor work life balance.Lacking in motivation. There is "playing favorites." IWe have to follow certain rules which the favorites don't. The managers are very nice people, and they also help a lot, also doing the dirty job. But when you need to call out because of tragedy, once was asked "but you'll work tomorrow?"

Pros

65% discount for one meal. Some co-workers have your back. We can have fun when it's downtime, and the managers laughs with us

Cons

With one of the most tough jobs, you are only given 30 minute break and two 10 minute breaks, which I personally often don't get to use. Management does not keep check of breaks.

Chill work place

It’s a good job if you’re in high school or college. It’s pretty light not gonna lie you can pick it up fairly easily and the people I work with were really cool! Management is kind of all over the place, but other than that a chill place to work at!

I love Panera, it definitely has its perks, such as meal discounts and room to grow in the company, I really enjoyed the bread bashes and new seasonal products

Bad Communication

Bad communication. No one gives updates on important changes within the company location-- not upper management issues, but rather there's no warning before a schedule change or a cut in hours.

A Store that tries to be to many things at once

If you like to work hard for little money this is the job for you. They have a sandwich station, soup station, barista, pastry and bagel counter, coffee station, dining room, take out, call in ordering and expect a skeleton crew to man all these stations and be productive. At times it was only a crew of 4 people for hours at a time no matter how busy or slow it was. They care more about making money than customer service

It's a fine place to work, but the people not so much

I've learned a bunch from working here for 5 whole years, but the workplace culture isn't the most stellar thing at all. Management was okay-ish kinda

Pros

Free food

Cons

Barely any breaks, not that affordable benefits, some workers got away with some things

okay place to work

good job for in college.food is great and you get a 65 percent discount while your working to eat the food while your on a break. At least it was for me.

Horrible management

Do not work for the Panera in Fairfield. Unfair treatment and hypocrisy flourish especially for those with autism. Two managers manipulate their authority to silence their workers in submission . Do not work for them

Boring and over worked

Panera bread is kid of a bad company to work for the pay has gotten better since I applied but I was getting paid less than some of my trainees at one point. You are constantly overwhelmed with orders and rude customers I’ve gotten soup thown at me because it was watery and we didn’t have any bread bowls. I do not recommend working here for a long time . Employee loyalty and hard work dose not get you anywhere in this company I had been looked over for a promotion many times yet I worked hard and never called in.

Pros

Free food, free drinks

Cons

Short staffed, basically no break, rude customers, some rude managers

Bad pay Bad management

My location personally has a manager that make work seems not worth while. the pay started at $9 with no negotiation of raises. The only think that makes the job bearable are the other employees.

Wasn’t bad

I loved the job when I started I have nothing bad to say here but my boss at my store just wasn’t a big helper more complained about everything and but it on us but I tv was something made some good friends too

Decent job for the summer

Can be stressful at times, but people are always willing to help. The managers are nice and always provide support for their workers. The environment is fast paced.

Ugh

StressfulWork life balance almost non existantHours were ok if you could get morning shiftsToo much pressure placed on managementNot enough support from upper management

Pros

Free food, ok hours sometimes

Cons

Poor upper management, constant changes, lack of support, stress

Enjoyable coworkers, poor pay

Love the incredible group of individuals I worked with, always made each day enjoyable, yet the pay is only minimum wage. Even managers make just barely over, making any room for advancement unappealing.

Decent workplace, fast pace environment, good for first level job

The managers were really nice, brought us food/treats from other restaurants, but weren't always the best at management. Tended to under schedule on busy days and relied heavily on teens to come in. Even if you were only trained in one area, some days you would be scheduled for something else. 30 min breaks and 65% discount was nice since food was so expensive. Easy to move upPros: nice people, decent environmentCons: under scheduling, reliance on minors

not that good

jobs not great, pay is small, customers are rude, managers dont care, upper management cares even less, training is poor, not very sanitary, just not that good

Pros

food is discounted

Cons

terrible pay

Do not recommend.

They don’t care about their employees. They’re greedy and do not have fair pay unless you work on cash. The line cooks are extremely underpaid for what we deal with during our shifts.

Fun workplace

Love the staff overall, flexible schedules they will also cross train you giving more opportunity to move up. Everyone is helpful a fast pace job. The customer are for the most part friendly because you get regulars.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Short breaks

Decent hours and decent pay

As the title says, the hours and pay are decent. I used to work as a cashier, drive-thru cashier, and dishwasher. The cashier and drive-thru cashier are average because, at times, it can get hectic and stressful. However, the dishwasher position overall is relaxed; you can listen to music while you wash the dishes, which is nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Panera Bread