Panthera Finance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Panthera Finance Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
My time at Panthera was mixed. I learn't a lot. I made some life long friends. I made money. I felt useful and rewarded. However, unfortunately, things seems to change and new management completely ruined the place. Drove morale completely into the ground and I'm glad I left. I miss the old Panthera. What a shame
The company has no apparent strategy. The directors and some staff form what can only be described as a club. Those on the outside of the club are open to any manner of unprofessional behaviors. Booking meeting rooms is always a gamble because the directors will kick you out on a whim. The business is just a money generator so that the directors can buy expensive cars whenever they please. The company claims that they are about doing what is right for the customer, but if that were the case there would be customer satisfaction based KPIs rather than strict financial KPIs and bonuses that support getting a sale over getting the best outcome for the customer. There is an on site barista that once upon a time gave out free coffee to all staff a couple of times a day but now they spend most of their time running errands for the directors. Monthly BBQs are a distant memory. The company is more concerned about increasing revenue and cutting costs than staff satisfaction. Females with ambition don't stand a chance unless they are in collections and hit the KPIs. The company doesn't seem to want to invest in improving systems to make the lives of the revenue generators better. Instead they cut back on resources and force work-around after work-around. A select group of the C-level senior management are incompetent and only run on out-dated management strategies. It is a very toxic environment and the business doesn't seem to want to move forward.
Pros
There are actually a lot of genuinely good people that work there
Cons
Soul crushing lack of future opportunities, no office perks (outside of the occasional coffee), questionable business practices, no salary reviews, no bonuses for non-collector staff.
This is a great place to work, but not everyone can keep it rolling. Its a performance based role, not any normal office job were your just warming a seat. If you love a challenge then give it a shot!
Pros
bonuses
Not for everyone - but for those with drive and like a challenge it can be very rewarding both personally and financially.

Team based work and good friendly competition with live stats reporting so you always now how your tracking.

Bonuses are great and KPIs are realistic
Unrealistic deadlines and weak management. Dealing with customers is stressfu enoghl while poor management does not make this easier. No one seems to enjoy their jobs.
Pros
Barista
Cons
Bad Management, Stress
It's the team leaders that are okay with contributing to this toxic workplace with their fake smiles and condescending comments. It's the holes in communication between departments that are putting people in unnecessary panic and uncertainty over their position in the company. It's the unspoken 'lanyard' tyranny and favouritism evident in how strict rules only apply to those who don't know the right people. It's the ignorance of individualism and lack of opportunity for development; you get shot down when you seek input and simply get told to 'try better next shift.' It's the fact that employees use their money, time and effort to do their best throughout the week and get scolded, micromanaged and threatened over circumstances that are beyond their control.

No, it's not the customers/debtors that scream profanity into our ears that make this job unbearable, despite what a typical person might assume. You learn to laugh that off. However, these managers and leaders should be more empathetic to those who have been in their position before. I'm crushed that a job I used to love waking up for is now a job I associate with anxiety and disappointment.
Easily one of the worst place to work in Brisbane. Numerous fair work violations any excuse to not pay staff bonuses (which they have earnt) penalty rates (which in most cases they are entitled)
Extreme lack of communication between departments. You know it's bad when the CEO has numerous other sources of income and distances himself from the company as much as possible. Several fake smiles and fake laughs to appease the right people in hopes of climbing the ladder.

A legal department who consist of a yes man leader and several call centre operators who think they are solicitors. Overall every department is failing within this company.
The company lacks organisational culture. Relationships are superficial and smiles fake. If you like your job, it may worth doing for a while but the atmosphere is too stagnant and boring.
Constantly busy (good thing) but my ‘team leader’ hardly gave me a shot to prove that I could make the company money. Got rid of a lot of people that were in my intake at the start of the year. Only interested in making money and don’t care to help people that are struggling.
Pros
Coffee???
Cons
Everything else
Working at Panthera Finance required maturity, reliance and the ability to communicate with clientele. Over my 3 years working here I gained various skills in my ability to communicate and overcome verbal obstructions, as well as handle customer finances. Various responsibilities included:
• Coaching new employees on administrative procedures, company policies and performance standards.

• Creating files, reports and records while maintaining confidentiality.

• Answering customer emails, chats and telephone calls to respond to questions, provide details and

resolve concerns.

• Implementing problem-solving to provide clients with the best solution to their complications.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Panthera Finance?
DON'T BE A DEBT COLLECTOR! I worked there for 3 months. I should've quit the first week. You get trained with a script you're supposed to follow word for word and you deal with interesting people on the phone. After 4 weeks you're expected to know everything and make "a lot of money" but in reality it's hard because most people disconnect their numbers or move overseas and haven't been contacted in a few years. Most of the debts are 4-6 years old and if you don't reach your target money you get threatened with losing your job. Don't even get me started with the horrendous bonus structure they use. Everyone in the office is miserable and working there makes you feel like a robot! I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. If you're a customer service orientated person I wouldn't dare apply for this job.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Poor management, depressing office environment, strict managers, horrible bonus structure, rude debtors and unrealistic money targets.
Debt collection gives you skills for life and makes you appreciate the incredible generosity of our society. Every day after training you are talking to people whose finances have one way or another come into arrears. Your job is to find ways to keep the conversation productive, and every call comes with its own challenges.
Pros
Incredible financial services training
Cons
Nil
They teach you things about finance and the collections company as a whole that are pretty interesting, and contrary to popular belief, strive to provide a good experience for the customer.

If only this was provided for the employees. They seem to want the company to have a high turnover rate because the place is constantly hiring regardless of office space, or people that are already rostered on. If there's no room for you, you don't get to work, even if you were rostered on. This is not communicated to you until you arrive to work!

There's no incentive to put in more than the bare minimum, as they don't provide any sort of "Reward" or benefit to going above and beyond. there's no real career progression in the company since they usually outsource for managerial positions. When people are given a 2IC Role, they have to put in double the work for hardly any increase.

management doesn't look after employees, especially in a high-stress work environment. KPIs are lived by, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but when the managers are threatening to send you home or place you on performance review, even when there's nothing coming through, then its just added stress. This turns the workplace into a competitive unhealthy place.
Pros
flexible hours, Informative
Cons
Lack of career progression. Negative work environment
Management is disgusting especially the compliance part of it. Pay is $24 an hour casual. minimum 16hrs per week. They expect the impossible. The managers are rude and arent supportive in any way. Young people work there and free coffee which is great. Wouldnt recommend this job to anyone in their right mind. The KPI's are very hard and near impossible to get any type of bonus. Parking near the area is also impossible as its only 4hr parking close. smart casual always.
Pros
free coffee and good location
Cons
management and abuse
Most disorganised company to work for. No career development or supported managers. You will need to suck up to your manager to get things done. Managers are micro managers to the max.

Expect to be paid below average and expect a lot
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, micro manager and low pay
I worked here for possible short time and left because it is disorganised. Incentives are pretty bad especially if the KPI expectations are impossible to reach. They over expect from their employees with so little to give. Setting unrealistic targets. More like slavery den not a workplace
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Bad management
People at work are great, really friendly and supportive. They have good incentives and motivational strategies as the job is demanding. Really flexible working hours and will always have work. Management is really good and caring, which is very important for such an environment.

Not a fun job. Essentially you're asking someone to pay money, with 80% of people not actually believing they owe anything, so calls can be very frustrating and distressing. Depending on which time of the day you work, there is more pressure on you to have good statistics and on some days it is almost impossible with difficult customers.

Definitely a place that requires you to have thick skin, and is very resilient as some customers can be down right abusive on the phone.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
abusive phone calls
First week was full-time paid training but didn't really helped much. Second week they put us on call and expected us to get payments and would scare us by telling us that if we didn't get a payment we might lose our jobs. It was a bit too much considering it was only the first week we were placed on calls by ourselves. That was my only problem with working there but overall it's a pretty decent place to work in, especially if your a uni student or its your first job.
Pros
paid training, have shifts every week
Cons
team leaders can be stressing
Its a good safe environment, with fun people to work with, have a laugh or two

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers
Pros
Good company location
Cons
Difficult customers
The job is hard as it is not a job that is ment to be easy or to take pleasure in. You make cold calls to debtors who owe money. You sit at a desk and answer in coming and outgoing calls.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
To far from home