Panthera Finance Employee Reviews

Productive and flexible workplace
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 May 2019
Working at Panthera Finance required maturity, reliance and the ability to communicate with clientele. Over my 3 years working here I gained various skills in my ability to communicate and overcome verbal obstructions, as well as handle customer finances. Various responsibilities included:
• Coaching new employees on administrative procedures, company policies and performance standards.
• Creating files, reports and records while maintaining confidentiality.
• Answering customer emails, chats and telephone calls to respond to questions, provide details and
resolve concerns.
• Implementing problem-solving to provide clients with the best solution to their complications.
Warning worst job ever don't waste your time!
Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 January 2019
DON'T BE A DEBT COLLECTOR! I worked there for 3 months. I should've quit the first week. You get trained with a script you're supposed to follow word for word and you deal with interesting people on the phone. After 4 weeks you're expected to know everything and make "a lot of money" but in reality it's hard because most people disconnect their numbers or move overseas and haven't been contacted in a few years. Most of the debts are 4-6 years old and if you don't reach your target money you get threatened with losing your job. Don't even get me started with the horrendous bonus structure they use. Everyone in the office is miserable and working there makes you feel like a robot! I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. If you're a customer service orientated person I wouldn't dare apply for this job.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Poor management, depressing office environment, strict managers, horrible bonus structure, rude debtors and unrealistic money targets.
Everyone should do this job or one like it
General Collections (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 January 2019
Debt collection gives you skills for life and makes you appreciate the incredible generosity of our society. Every day after training you are talking to people whose finances have one way or another come into arrears. Your job is to find ways to keep the conversation productive, and every call comes with its own challenges.
Pros
Incredible financial services training
Cons
Nil
Management is trash
Call Centre Operator - Casual (Former Employee) –  Toowong QLD28 June 2018
Management is disgusting especially the compliance part of it. Pay is $24 an hour casual. minimum 16hrs per week. They expect the impossible. The managers are rude and arent supportive in any way. Young people work there and free coffee which is great. Wouldnt recommend this job to anyone in their right mind. The KPI's are very hard and near impossible to get any type of bonus. Parking near the area is also impossible as its only 4hr parking close. smart casual always.
Pros
free coffee and good location
Cons
management and abuse
Don’t bother
Administration Assistant and Training (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 April 2018
Most disorganised company to work for. No career development or supported managers. You will need to suck up to your manager to get things done. Managers are micro managers to the max.

Expect to be paid below average and expect a lot
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, micro manager and low pay
Bad Management Bad work Culture
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD19 February 2018
I worked here for possible short time and left because it is disorganised. Incentives are pretty bad especially if the KPI expectations are impossible to reach. They over expect from their employees with so little to give. Setting unrealistic targets. More like slavery den not a workplace
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Bad management
Flexible
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 November 2017
People at work are great, really friendly and supportive. They have good incentives and motivational strategies as the job is demanding. Really flexible working hours and will always have work. Management is really good and caring, which is very important for such an environment.

Not a fun job. Essentially you're asking someone to pay money, with 80% of people not actually believing they owe anything, so calls can be very frustrating and distressing. Depending on which time of the day you work, there is more pressure on you to have good statistics and on some days it is almost impossible with difficult customers.

Definitely a place that requires you to have thick skin, and is very resilient as some customers can be down right abusive on the phone.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
abusive phone calls
It was fun for a while
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 August 2017
First week was full-time paid training but didn't really helped much. Second week they put us on call and expected us to get payments and would scare us by telling us that if we didn't get a payment we might lose our jobs. It was a bit too much considering it was only the first week we were placed on calls by ourselves. That was my only problem with working there but overall it's a pretty decent place to work in, especially if your a uni student or its your first job.
Pros
paid training, have shifts every week
Cons
team leaders can be stressing
Fun, good people to work with
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD17 August 2015
Its a good safe environment, with fun people to work with, have a laugh or two

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers
Pros
Good company location
Cons
Difficult customers
Debt collector
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  Toowong Brisbane1 May 2015
The job is hard as it is not a job that is ment to be easy or to take pleasure in. You make cold calls to debtors who owe money. You sit at a desk and answer in coming and outgoing calls.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
To far from home