Parks Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Parks Victoria Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Good organisation to work for. Good culture. employees are happy to work there. Collaborative approach from management. Most enjoyable part of the job is an opportunity to make a difference.
Needs significant change to achieve its potential.
Good people. Lots of change due to government bureaucracy can be frustrating. Slow work place. Location is great and close to lots of different cafes. Easy to get to.
While working under constant pressure from many competing priorities, difficult environmental challenges and with minimal resources, Parks is an organisation full of passionate people who work tirelessly to protect and promote Victoria's natural environment.
At the top: confused purpose, leaders competing for oxygen and for the attention/affection of the CEO and COO.

At the worker level: people with incredible passion and talent, but need to fight, every day of the year, for resources.
Though this is just a short term, part time job - I was able to enhance my data entry skill, accuracy and attention to details. Developed working on own and meeting deadlines.
Pros
After hours work
Cons
N/a
Typical day would entail friendly faces. Everyone who works there aimed to work so which means the people are happy to work. Lot skills to take out of it once you leave. I still use the skills that I've learnt
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Hard hours
Fire fighting side of the job is always good, you know you have done a good job when a member of the public comes up to you and says thank you for saving my property.
At Parks I was being a volunteer campground host. This meant I had to hike to my workplace and stay at a remote campsite for two weeks. At this place I was to clean up the facilities there and help hikers and people staying at this site. I worked on site at a place with a forest and a beach, this is the most BEAUTIFUL place I have ever seen and my time off well spent. The people liaising from Parks to me were great, I had an induction lots of instruction and they were so helpful and polite the staff went out of their way to look after me. I think there is some chance that this could make applying for a job with Parks easier, I would be more likely to be accepted.
Pros
Free camping and accomodation on days off
Cons
its remote and there are no showers on site
Prescribed burns were needed
Patrols of river bends, Murray Sunset and camp areas.

Maintain equipment, vehicles and machinery.

Pest management in areas of need.
Pros
Friendly and honest work place
Cons
Long hours in fire season
their is a 45 minute drive each way before and after the working day and you are working individually and in isolated areas each day
I have learned a great deal regarding Heritage sites

Management has too much to deal with each day

Time to discuss issues and have a decisive resolution

The location is fantastic
Pros
The Location
Cons
Long daily drives
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parks Victoria. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9