Parmalat Employee Reviews

Terrible Management drives good people to the market
State Field Manager Grocery (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 March 2019
Parmalat has a culture which will not suit most people although they have had Senior Management changes that may of improved that aspect in the last 12 Months.
Productive and fun
Export Sales Manager- Pacific (Former Employee) –  Rowville VIC3 February 2019
This company always looks to develop and grow their staff. The identify keen learners and will always look to promote from within. They provide courses to ensure that all staff are up to date and understanding of the markets. This company has had its challenges and has moved forward under the direction of the parent company Lactalis.
Management was always their for assistance and a guiding hand.
Culture was fun and enjoyable and always pushed you to be better.
A family typed approach to running a business
Beverage Technician (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT30 January 2019
Too be challenged every day with the ability to give direct and accurate answers with a under standing of the job.
fully supported with a care factor attitude to effect the whole team.
a great team environment to be a part of the industry and not just another number.
the biggest challenge was having the team to continue the positive attitude. but when all was running well it was easy achievable and worth the efforts.
Pros
recognition
Cons
weekend work
Professional & Demanding Environment
QC Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW5 April 2018
Overall the role was demanding and thorough, however there was little opportunity for growth, as well as unpredictable schedules, ie working 3 different shifts.
Pros
Good pay, good work culture
Cons
Unpredictable schedule, low job security
Really great culture because of the good people work here
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 October 2017
the business is owned by a french parent company. i have enjoyed my time here working in a fast moving consumer good... being milk that needs to move through the supply chain quickly.
Pros
great passionate people
Cons
long hours.
Dream job
SENSORY PANELLIST (Current Employee) –  Rowville VIC20 September 2017
Great people, nice area, clean facilities. As a sensory panellist, I get paid good money to taste and rate dairy products. We work only two or so hours a couple of times a week. Fantastic family friendly job. If you are sick or unable to attend a session its not held against you. Your opinion is valued and respected, which is very refreshing in this work until you die climate
Pros
Free dairy products, friendly staff
Great job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT17 January 2017
I enjoyed working for parmalat, I was only a depot driver but I had the freedom to converse with the customers and build a re pore with them and fellow drivers.
Pros
Milk
Cons
The freezer
Great place to work at
Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  South Brisbane QLD3 January 2017
Its very busy and very competitive.
Great to place to work for and colleagues are great
Enjoyable part of the job is making target and achieving KPIs.
Pros
Free Milk
Cons
No room for opportunities
Well paid employment at Parmalat, Australia, Life is always shift work, and most employees are reqiured to work overtime, which is always very well re
transport foreman, night shift (Former Employee) –  Nambour QLD14 November 2016
The hardest part of the ob was carrying home the pay packet. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after working 6 night shifts. Most of my co workers were reasonable people , but there is always a few out of over 100 staff who were just plainly horrible.
Support team
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Canberra30 August 2015
Great supportive management, Structured training and coaching. Safety is a top priority. Enjoyable and fun conferences .
Great place to work.
Transport and Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 June 2015
Everything at Parmalat was about rewarding employee's who showed initiative and provided senior management with opportunities to succeed through exceeding all expectations.
Pros
Work/life Balance
Cons
Nil
casual to filler operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 April 2015
started of as a casual and then a filler operator. Learned so much from one of the operators, how to put the machine back together and how to clean the machine. And I know I taught this operator how to relax and have fun while you still do the job. Hardest part is knowing that permanents treated casual not in a correct way.
I got along with casuals that I knew that is willing to work and not only there for the money, we had our times of laughter at parmalat with the permanents and the casuals even with some of the co-ordinators
Pros
free breakers
Cons
overtimes
Productive and friendly workplace.
Masterfile Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD1 February 2015
A great company to work for. This company looks after their staff and realise the people are their business ie without the people there is no product.
Pros
Great office culture
Productive and great learning place
IT/Service Desk - Helpdesk Officer (Former Employee) –  South Brisbane21 December 2014
Usual busy desk. I learnt the procedure and systems they use. Managed quite well. Had a good team and enjoyed most of the work there.
Ambiente profissional agradável
Estagiária (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD18 August 2014
Trabalhadores muito interessados e disponíveis para compartilhar informações e trabalhar em grupo. Ótimo ambiente de trabalho, com regras de segurança no trabalho exemplares.
Field Sales Grocery Merchandiser
Merchandising for Parmalat (Former Employee) –  Upper Central Coast NSW 4 June 2013
Planning for the day,e.g. calls.
Store walk.
Speak to section manager of up coming promotions, to gain off locations which was difficult to achieve and always acknowledged by management when achieved.
Checking for stock in the coolrooms and filling and rotating.
Planograms with a co-worker.
Filling in reports on each call for stats to go to management
Pros
team meetings
Cons
Kilometers starting from first call
Productive and nice place to work at
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  South Brisbane29 January 2013
Every day was different
Dealing with Motor Vehicle claims, fleet issues, facilities management, legal files lots's of administration, data entry, dealing with lot's of different people.

I learnt alot about IT systems, legal administration, facilities management etc.

I worked with a lovely bunch of people and we worked extremely well together as a team and on our own. It was ashame our department was made redundant along with many others as I would still be there.

Hardest part of my job was to do with the Motor accident claims especially when it was a truck rollover interstate as I had to be the main point of contact and get the ball rolling quickly.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my co-workers and looking forward to the challenges that the day brought.
Interesting sometimes, mundane other times
Maintenance shift Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lidcombe, NSW12 September 2012
Review every shift activity. Warmed up with 10 min exercises. Follow-up unfinished tasks. Everyday was a learning experience. Monitor frequent trouble causing machinery/equipment & suggest changes that need implementing/follow-up. Some long term employees acted selflessly. New employees caused culture issues due to their lack of understanding of the place. u The hardest part was understanding the role of the Boss of maintenance, due his biased attitude towards, experienced personnel. Working with experienced personnel, who helped each other finishing tasks early was enjoyable experience, which promoted harmony.
Pros
met different people from various cultures.
Cons
did not enjoy frequent happy moments due to troublesome boss.
Nowing i doing a good day work
Forklift driver. Order picker, labour (Former Employee) –  Richlands Brisbane9 April 2012
A typical day at work i hand picking order as well as driving forklift and high reach forklifts using r.f system. I am a good worker by my co-workers and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing a full day work. Hardest part of the job is manual handling. I am learning all the time practicing new safe way to increase productivity in my skills and work. I am a good team worker an considerate of other.
Pros
free lunch all over time is double
Cons
six days work