Parramatta City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Parramatta City Council Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
I would not hesitate to recommend Parramatta City Council as an employer of choice. Definitely work life balance, Flexi time and supportive staff and environment.
City of parramatta gave me lot of assignment which were very challenging and help me to develop my professional career by offering various trainings. I was given an oppurtunity to manage the pedestrian/cyclist bridge over Haslmas Creek.
Parramatta City Council is a modern council in an ideal locality in the heart of the west CBD. Very close to the train station which makes it easy for staff to come from any where in Sydney.
The professionism stands out in most things they do.

The staff are friendly and cooperative.
Great place to work opportunity to grow and develop. Supportive co workers. I worked in Customer Service. Typical day would include answering phone calls from customers, handling enquiries.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No cons
This was a great job being outdoors in the sun but with this job there are responsibilities looking after the public maintaining a safe environment to the public
Pros
lifestyle
Cons
wages
At parramatter council i was doing parks and gardens iv did all sorts of stuff there from cleaning the river making sure the parks were all safe and clean and putting up football fields watering gardens and grass.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8 hours
Answering calls
Entering information into database

Interacting with customers

General office & administration duties

Directing calls

Great management and great team environment

Culture everyone fit in and everyone is very welcoming
Work that I performed was menial - really lovely people though and good pay. Working in Parramatta is largely safe, despite what you hear.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Physical Labour
working in front of house a single shift can involve meeting and greeting patrons at the front door, serving food and beverage at the bar, ushering people into the theatre and guiding them to their seats, ensuring their is no crowd behaviour disruptive to the show, setting up tables and chairs for functions, and ensuring patrons are pleased with riverside service.

The work culture is good, everyone gets along nicely and if there is any uncertainty over a task everyone is very approachable. there has been newcomers since I have worked there and I enjoy getting to work with new people and showing them how things get done.

The roster is planned monthly so I can plan one month in advance around my work schedule, yet there is also flexibility so i can accept new shifts when offered to me and balance work with other commitments such as my full time study.
your roll in the team is not the same one day from the next ,i have learnt to use a tablet computer for start up every day your roll can be from picking up litter to mowing,wipper snipping to cleaning toilets the hardest part of the job is delealing with the public i look forward to going to work it,s a good place to work and the employer,s are good and freindly to work with
Worked with Outcomes Group and Corporate Planning and Performance Unit of Council for a period of approximately six months on a fixed term basis. During this period I carried out the following task: a) Research project, investigating the take up rate of internet and personal computer technology in Western Sydney. The work involved considerable contact with external stakeholders, b) Development and implementation of a wide range of outcomes measures to assist in the establishment of strategic planning in Council, c) Education and development of Senior Project Officers in the definition and measurement of outcomes performance, d) Conducting of training for key Council staff in the fundamentals of statistics and the use of revelevant software application ( Statistical package for Social Scientists-SPSS).
Pros
good location