PCYC Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PCYC Queensland Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
Solid Organisation helping many people in Queensland. They have a grants team which shares the load and are very successful at gaining grants in Queensland.
This review is for PCYC CESSNOCK where I volunteered 3 days per week for a period of approximately 2 years
Always plenty to do in a warm, friendly and happy environment
Disappointing to work for, not only for employees but for the client as well. Made redundant at 34 weeks pregnant after complaining to head office about my direct management being inefficient.
Official response from PCYC Queensland
21 January 2020
We're sorry that you feel that way; however the Service that you worked for was permanently closed, and all permanent staff were made redundant.
I learned a lot of new skills about myself that I can use for my future. it was a great time and flexible hours when studying uni and a great way to kick start your educational career.
The people I work with are really groupy and tend to bunch off together almost ignoring any new staff. I Love the children though and they keep me motivated to work there.
Poorly managed.
Poor communication.

A lot of volunteer hours.

Over worked.

Under paid.

The only few good things are that I get to instruct what I'm passionate about. I love to see the improvement in children.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
Management, a lot of volunteer, no communication
Would not recomend this company.
Because it's a not for profit the money only seems to be going into managers and very few programs.

The students that came through Midland were disengaged and often had issues, these I will not discuss.

I don't think there is enough care by management towards these children, I realise they can be very difficult at times, but to pick and choose who you like and pay attention to is ridiculous.
Pros
casual staff and kids were terrific
Cons
This job or company are very good and efficient when first applying for a job as they provide experience and a platform.This is one of the many reasons I chose PCYC nsw
Love my job here and wish Sydney had more place like this for youth this is the best job I have ever had in my life ..I wish I could be still there I love the place
Pros
Free gym
Cons
i loved my time working at The Upper Ross PCYC. the staff were amazing to work along side and i learned so many new skills and had the chance to grow in my abilities. i was given amazing support by all staff, families and children that i had the privilege to work with.
Pros
Amazing Children
Cons
Non air conditioned working space during summer months
Great place to work, something different every day, a chance to give back to the community and help children grow.
The youth programs are a great way for kids to relate to each other and learn social and personal skills. It is very rewarding to see the at risk kids completely change their lives and give back to the organisation that helps them.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low pay rate
Early starts and late finishes with lots of time in between. Great indoor/outdoor time. Hardest part of the job was catering to so many different ages of children.
It was pretty clean and nice, it was full of happy people and the staff were extremely delightful. It was almost always clean and it always had a real relaxed vibe. Over all it wasn’t a bad place at all especially for all ages
Pros
Break whenever needed
Cons
Sweat from gym
The staff are awesome, great work environment and always challenged with new tasks. Great place for learning in a fast paced environment. Lovely manager and great co-workers.
Friendly staff always there to lend a hand, amazing opportunity to work you way up higher in the job, flexable hours mean you can run errands between shifts.
Pros
Friendly environment to work in.
Cons
Split shift work
A typical day at working within the school age care- BSC, ASC, & VAC Care, is great and I enjoy every single day. The staff within the club are wonderful and welcoming.
Friendly staff member's
good team environment

Learned a lot of things as being a educator and the admin support officer.

the hardest part about the job was managing the debt.
Pros
friendly staff members
Cons
salary wasn't great
i love teaching judo to new kids

i think that its a perfect balance for me at the moment considering that i am studing my English and maths at grovely tafe.
Pros
its fits around my judo training everyday and tafe, job security
Cons
its not everyday
please check my other review on the PCYC and how their management team operated. what the every day worklife was like and other things mentioned
It was good volunteering at the Pcyc because it had kind people and you always had something to keep yourself busy no matter what was happening that day
was good at times, when we weren't doing anything because we had done everything and workers did nothing while we did everything