PCYC Queensland

43: PCYC Queensland Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Good employer

Solid Organisation helping many people in Queensland. They have a grants team which shares the load and are very successful at gaining grants in Queensland.

PCYC Queensland, I wouldn't work for them

I worked at the PCYC QLD at Ipswich, loved it but then having a car accident, I couldn't work for them anymore so I moved to carina and worked at the carina school and the people who I worked with there, were not nice people. Don't work for the PCYC QLD at carina. They will just tear you to shreads.

OSHC Educator

Staff were not friendly. Allowed children to attend services that were a danger to children and staff. Pay was significantly below any other organisation I worked the same role with

The BEST job I’ve ever had!

Each day is different at work - I love that no two days seem the same. On a usual given day, we’d start our shift, set the environments to be super fun and inviting, then when the children arrive it’s straight into engaging with the kids and enjoying play - that’s simply it! I love that work doesn’t feel like ‘work’, it’s exciting and challenging at the same time - I learn something new from the kids every day! The company make it easy to complete daily tasks with lots of support from the management team, who are very hands on and guide you through and clearly set the expectations. My most favourite part of the job is school holidays - the excursions are definitely the highlight! It is definitely a job that I will forever remember as a favourite.

Pros

Getting to work with awesome educators, very supportive management, awesome salary packaging benefits, getting involved in learning with the children, good amount of administration time to complete your tasks, getting paid to have fun and play!

Cons

Split shifts can become impairing if seeking a work and life balance

Your just a number

Senior management and management only care about themselves and you do the hard work to make them look better. Wouldn’t recommend them at all to work for

This review is for PCYC CESSNOCK

This review is for PCYC CESSNOCK where I volunteered 3 days per week for a period of approximately 2 years Always plenty to do in a warm, friendly and happy environment

No communication and no organization

Disappointing to work for, not only for employees but for the client as well. Made redundant at 34 weeks pregnant after complaining to head office about my direct management being inefficient.

Official response from PCYC Queensland

21 January 2020
We're sorry that you feel that way; however the Service that you worked for was permanently closed, and all permanent staff were made redundant.

new skills

I learned a lot of new skills about myself that I can use for my future. it was a great time and flexible hours when studying uni and a great way to kick start your educational career.

Its Okay

The people I work with are really groupy and tend to bunch off together almost ignoring any new staff. I Love the children though and they keep me motivated to work there.

Poor management

Poorly managed. Poor communication. A lot of volunteer hours. Over worked. Under paid. The only few good things are that I get to instruct what I'm passionate about. I love to see the improvement in children.

Pros

Working with Children

Cons

Management, a lot of volunteer, no communication

Would not recommend

Would not recomend this company. Because it's a not for profit the money only seems to be going into managers and very few programs. The students that came through Midland were disengaged and often had issues, these I will not discuss. I don't think there is enough care by management towards these children, I realise they can be very difficult at times, but to pick and choose who you like and pay attention to is ridiculous.

Pros

casual staff and kids were terrific

exceptional for first work

This job or company are very good and efficient when first applying for a job as they provide experience and a platform.This is one of the many reasons I chose PCYC nsw

Yes good place to work

Love my job here and wish Sydney had more place like this for youth this is the best job I have ever had in my life ..I wish I could be still there I love the place

Pros

Free gym

challenging but rewarding.

i loved my time working at The Upper Ross PCYC. the staff were amazing to work along side and i learned so many new skills and had the chance to grow in my abilities. i was given amazing support by all staff, families and children that i had the privilege to work with.

Pros

Amazing Children

Cons

Non air conditioned working space during summer months

Great team environment

Great place to work, something different every day, a chance to give back to the community and help children grow.The youth programs are a great way for kids to relate to each other and learn social and personal skills. It is very rewarding to see the at risk kids completely change their lives and give back to the organisation that helps them.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

low pay rate

Great people to work with, very supportive and proactive.

Early starts and late finishes with lots of time in between. Great indoor/outdoor time. Hardest part of the job was catering to so many different ages of children.

Good

It was pretty clean and nice, it was full of happy people and the staff were extremely delightful. It was almost always clean and it always had a real relaxed vibe. Over all it wasn’t a bad place at all especially for all ages

Pros

Break whenever needed

Cons

Sweat from gym

Very exciting and challenging work environment, lovely staff and awesome manager

The staff are awesome, great work environment and always challenged with new tasks. Great place for learning in a fast paced environment. Lovely manager and great co-workers.

Great company to work for.

Friendly staff always there to lend a hand, amazing opportunity to work you way up higher in the job, flexable hours mean you can run errands between shifts.

Pros

Friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Split shift work

PCYC is a great club for all events, especially for School Age Care.

A typical day at working within the school age care- BSC, ASC, & VAC Care, is great and I enjoy every single day. The staff within the club are wonderful and welcoming.

Good team environment to work in

Friendly staff member's good team environment Learned a lot of things as being a educator and the admin support officer. the hardest part about the job was managing the debt.

Pros

friendly staff members

Cons

salary wasn't great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCYC Queensland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PCYC Queensland