Pearson
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Pearson:

Pearson Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
The work is very simple and monotonous. but mostly employed for casual positions. the team is very supportive and courteous. the enjoyable part is work being easy but the hardest part was waking up early to reach to the office in winter.
It is a very process based job. No stimulation to the brain. Hardest part of the job is uncertain shifts. Work culture is okay. Pay for casual job is okay. Proximity to residence is added bonus.
Pros
Easy process based job
Cons
Uncertainty of shifts
I enjoyed my time at Pearson despite it being very repetitive work and at times very tiring being on your feet all day. However, I did meet many great people and made a few friends.
I loved my job at Pearson however I felt undervalued as the work was challenging but i received lower pay than other companies in the same industry. Job security was low as people would be leaving almost every week due to job cuts which were driven by their US office decision making. It didn’t matter if you worked hard or did your job well. A company that only cares about their bottom line and not The talented people that work for them
Worked there awhile ago so not the best to write a current review of the place, was okay but the company at the time preferred quantity over quality.

Peace
Good place to work. I have learned a lot. They provide good training and I have gotten better as they focus on Quality.
Both the work environment and Team environment are very good. Client delivery is very important, I have learned from my superiors. The HR person is always there to help.
Pros
salary on time
Cons
Establishes,coordinates and monitors the QA program,
Work closely with your superiors to plan,schedule and implement QA related activities

Prepare routine and special reports for staff.

Reviews and approves reports for quality assurance and accuracy of data.
Good working environment. Learn alot about administration. A very understanding manager. Sometimes there wasn't much to do but otherwise its busy. Enjoyable work experience.
I enjoyed my time at Pearson, fantastic people with great work life balance - can get a bit too comfortable though with not many opportunities to move.
First of all, I would like to thank Pearson Education for giving me this wonderful job opportunity. While working here, I became more meticulous. I got to know about NAPLAN Examinations. I along with my co-workers completed the entire project within the allotted period. Thus, it has added productivity and speed into my existing skills. I enjoyed the warm working environment and in the near future if I get an opportunity to work at Pearson Education, I will definitely grab it.
Worked across a number of teams and in a number of different roles. Was able to learn a lot about the education industry as well as marketing and communications. Caring management and engaging culture.
Pros
Flexitime, Work from home, Travel, Training, Annual and sick leave
Cons
Reward and reconition
Despite all the bad press on Pearson, it is an amazing place to work, and its people absolutely value education and students. Outstanding benefits and overall a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Communication, Time Management, Prioritization of Task, Ability to work with the team, problem resolving, Friendly Team members

Good Facilities in Cafeteria
Pros
Good Work Environment and Friendly management
Cons
project ended early
Pearson underwent a company overview and 40% of staff world wide were made redundant. Three of the five NSW sales team were amongst the cuts. Fortunately I was approached and recruited by Oxford University Press.
They are a very nice company they give people a fair go and they treat them with respect, they also supply a very clean and large break area. The other staff that I had to work with where great. Even thought he job was all manual work it wasn't all that hard, an enjoyable part of the job was the respect that was given.
Pros
Ample lunch area
Cons
All manual work
It was a great fun company that really took care of its employees including lots fo social activities and a supportive caring company culture
Pros
Free conferences, car, phone
Wonderful place to work, fantastic people.
Loved my job.

Left to have a family.
Pros
Great company, people and management.
Cons
None, loved it.