Peninsula Health

27: Peninsula Health Employee Reviews

Australia27 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Big Organisation

I loved working at Peninsula Health.It's just that I was living very far so I couldn't pick up shifts. But it has good working culture.Overall, worth working and gaining experience.

Family ward

Nurses cleaning staff are amazing. We all work as a team and that’s what it’s about. Family orientatted, we are all included. Supervisors and managers are so easy to talk with.

Pros

Not enough time for a break

Cons

Wearing masks

Great place to work ,very warm, friendly supportive staff

good advancement opportunities, staff wellbeing is of paramount importance, management is very supportive ,open door policy, good salary, clean ,safe environment

Rewarding and fast-paced work with deservng clients

An important health service to the clients and staff of the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula providing exceptional health care. The work is invaluable, rewarding and challenging and vital to meet the needs of the community. Staff are cared for and stretched and the people of the organisation are the heart and soul of the health service.

Pros

People-focussed culture

Cons

Ever increasing work-load

I enjoyed working at Peninsula Health with my Passion for working Mental Health Carers.

I have a passion for working with people and supporting them to find information for their needs. I also enjoyed collecting information so carers and consumers were well informed of processes and having the information they needed.

Excellent teamwork

Staff are very friendly and helpful. We all work as a team and support each other. we have a great team and we all are great team players and always willing to help each other.

Pros

education sessions

Cons

Professional and friendly, no frills

Professional and friendly ambience Quiet area, ample parking Neat and clean facility Some team building initiatives could be beneficial No direct public contact

Mundane place to work

A typical day at this employer consisted of data entry and taking phone calls. I received my certificate 3 in Business Administration at this employer.

Pros

Excellent Cafeteria

Cons

Seeing patients in pain

bad work environment

Terrible work environment, serious micro management. Zero work/life balance. Salary Sacrifice is good. Nice new offices. Management do not listen to any suggestions from staff. Zero flexibility for shift work.

Great place to work great residents

I have worked night shift for the last 23 years at peninsula health in Golf links Road .Great staff on night you work by yourself with a floater 10 residents per unit .I can only speak for myself but I enjoyed my time with peninsula Health but it's time to fine a new lease on life and a new job

Pros

Sorry no free lunches unlimited coffee and tea

Cons

Help when needed if PSO was busy

Effiecent and productive work environment, with a rewarding outcome

While I have been working at peninsula I have learnt about fast stream rehabilitation. The experience I've acquired over the past six years has given me the confidence to move forward in my profession.

Cons

Heavy Work Load

Worst place to work

Do not do it to yourself! If your mental and physical health are important to you.. do not work here! Especially in the Medical Imaging dept. Toxic, poorly and severely disrespectful management.. Horrible culture.. Needs a real shake up of management and culture.. should be ashamed with how they treat their staff!!

Pros

Salary packaging

Cons

As above.. too many

productive and fun

Good place for student placements. Very warm and friendly staff. Good orientation day and staff was very helpful. Always someone around when in need for help.

make of it what you will

working in the emergency response department, you'll find yourself trying to do the best for the clients, the people we care for. you'll also be questioning the reality of who in this service truly cares and about what!

Growing Public Health Service

Growing Public Health Service covering a number of sites with more beds yet to be built - likely making this into a tertiary hospital with some significant

Pros

Good teaching

Cons

Well paid and staff looked after

Peninsula Health work within strict guide lines of following nursing procedures. Medications are always dispensedfollowing protocol. Patient centred care is the focus of Peninsula Health.

Pros

Salary Packaging, Education.

Great team envirinment who work under difficult conditions

Great team at PH at rosebud. We unfortunately have terrible ratios for patient acuity. Management not supportive of same. Morale of staff very low.

Pros

Cons

Ratios and acutely unwell patients

Happy to go to work

Always adaptable, and courteous to my peers and work colleague's I process and eye for detail and I take great pride in my work and reputation I engender for both myself and my employer. Getting the wards up and running with the new bar coded scanning system, and trouble shooting and making the stream line, across the network with this process

Pros

everyone adaptable with the change.

Cons

collecting your pay

great support for new nurses

i completed 2 weeks of placement at Ballarat & district hospital, sub acute, i was challenged to see how much i have learnt from my experience, which was rewarding.

Fast paced working environment

Fast paced, enjoyed meeting new and helping customers is a reward for a good days work. Working in a team, and helping wherever I can, staff always there to help you if needed.

Pros

Sandwich and coffee if working over lunch period.

Cons

On your feet all day.

Challenging work environment.

Challenging place to work. Supportive staff who have a very challenging client population to serve and are motivated to do so.

Pros

Supportive coworkers

Cons

Micromanagement, poor coordination of departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Peninsula Health in popular locations