Peninsula Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Peninsula Health Employee Reviews

Australia25 reviews
An important health service to the clients and staff of the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula providing exceptional health care.

The work is invaluable, rewarding and challenging and vital to meet the needs of the community.

Staff are cared for and stretched and the people of the organisation are the heart and soul of the health service.
Pros
People-focussed culture
Cons
Ever increasing work-load
good advancement opportunities, staff wellbeing is of paramount importance, management is very supportive ,open door policy, good salary, clean ,safe environment
I have a passion for working with people and supporting them to find information for their needs. I also enjoyed collecting information so carers and consumers were well informed of processes and having the information they needed.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. We all work as a team and support each other. we have a great team and we all are great team players and always willing to help each other.
Pros
education sessions
Professional and friendly ambience
Quiet area, ample parking

Neat and clean facility

Some team building initiatives could be beneficial

No direct public contact
A typical day at this employer consisted of data entry and taking phone calls. I received my certificate 3 in Business Administration at this employer.
Pros
Excellent Cafeteria
Cons
Seeing patients in pain
Terrible work environment, serious micro management. Zero work/life balance.
Salary Sacrifice is good. Nice new offices. Management do not listen to any suggestions from staff. Zero flexibility for shift work.
I have worked night shift for the last 23 years at peninsula health in Golf links Road .Great staff on night you work by yourself with a floater 10 residents per unit .I can only speak for myself but I enjoyed my time with peninsula Health but it's time to fine a new lease on life and a new job
Pros
Sorry no free lunches unlimited coffee and tea
Cons
Help when needed if PSO was busy
While I have been working at peninsula I have learnt about fast stream rehabilitation. The experience I've acquired over the past six years has given me the confidence to move forward in my profession.
Cons
Heavy Work Load
Do not do it to yourself! If your mental and physical health are important to you.. do not work here!
Especially in the Medical Imaging dept.

Toxic, poorly and severely disrespectful management..

Horrible culture..

Needs a real shake up of management and culture.. should be ashamed with how they treat their staff!!
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
As above.. too many
Good place for student placements. Very warm and friendly staff. Good orientation day and staff was very helpful. Always someone around when in need for help.
working in the emergency response department, you'll find yourself trying to do the best for the clients, the people we care for. you'll also be questioning the reality of who in this service truly cares and about what!
Growing Public Health Service covering a number of sites with more beds yet to be built - likely making this into a tertiary hospital with some significant
Pros
Good teaching
Cons
Peninsula Health work within strict guide lines of following nursing procedures. Medications are always dispensedfollowing protocol. Patient centred care is the focus of Peninsula Health.
Pros
Salary Packaging, Education.
Great team at PH at rosebud. We unfortunately have terrible ratios for patient acuity.
Management not supportive of same.

Morale of staff very low.
Pros
Cons
Ratios and acutely unwell patients
Always adaptable, and courteous to my peers and work colleague's

I process and eye for detail and I take great pride in my work and reputation I engender for both myself and my employer.

Getting the wards up and running with the new bar coded scanning system, and trouble shooting and making the stream line, across the network with this process
Pros
everyone adaptable with the change.
Cons
collecting your pay
i completed 2 weeks of placement at Ballarat & district hospital, sub acute, i was challenged to see how much i have learnt from my experience, which was rewarding.
Fast paced, enjoyed meeting new and helping customers is a reward for a good days work.

Working in a team, and helping wherever I can, staff always there to help you if needed.
Pros
Sandwich and coffee if working over lunch period.
Cons
On your feet all day.
Challenging place to work. Supportive staff who have a very challenging client population to serve and are motivated to do so.
Pros
Supportive coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement, poor coordination of departments
Excellent facilities with a keen focus on patient care. Fantastic team environment, with a management team that encouraged career advancement.
The 'real' culture was disappointing.I viewed numerous cases of Rns emotionally bullying patients. However these nurses were in the minority and the majority worked hard to aid the health of their patients.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad nurses
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Health. Our community is ready to answer.