People's Choice Credit Union

People's Choice Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great staff investment with plenty of learning opportunities
Member Sales and Service consultant (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT9 December 2019
Great work place with extremely good education and working induction ongoing opportunities to progress your career and always like to promote within before external recruitment investment in staff education is well above many other work places
People’s Choice Credit Union
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA29 October 2019
Working at People’s Choice Credit Union as an Administration Officer was a great experience.
I advanced from a phone consultant to a position in Administration Support in the National Call Centre.
My skill base increased & I benefited greatly from all I learned as I progressed & developed professional relationships.
The opportunity to assist & support the Call Centre consultants & branch staff with Investment/Insurance enquires was very rewarding.
Good environment to work in. Fun and friendly staff.
Member Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 December 2018
People's Choice Credit Union is a fun and friendly place to work. It is a supportive and welcoming environment. The training given needs to be improved as it was very lapse when actually put into practice. However the staff are very supportive and give good direction and on the job training.
Cons
Hours were not enough for me to sustain my family needs as a single parent.
Well organized
Member Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 November 2017
Contact Centre was a more positive environment t with less recognition than the branch, but face to face service always promotes better customer service.
Position should be renamed to Member SALES Consultant
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 October 2017
Theres no such thing as just being a teller anymore. You are expected to pretty much know how to do everything in the branch except lending. This can include doing jobs the Manager should be doing. If you dont like sales, pressure to ask for referrals, high branch & individual KPIs, cold calling this job is not for you. Branches are constantly under staffed & staff are always stressed out & complaining. If you are looking to advance your career & get ahead at PCCU, best rethink your application.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Too many to list
Fantastic Staff that try hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Australia7 October 2017
Staff trying to assist members in an under resourced environment. Management needs to get out and look at what actually goes on rather that thinking they know.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Always wanting more
Great Pay, fantastic work space
Member Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA7 December 2016
Great place to work. 5 star office facilities. Adelaide based head office. Great for sales and service minded people. Many opportunities to succeed and expand.
I thoroughly enjoy my current position, I work with great colleges and love helping our members.
Member Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodcroft, SA1 August 2015
I love my current Personal Lending position, It has given me the skills to not only become a thorough and responsible lender but have also had the opportunity to build some great long lasting relationships with members as well as performing management duties in the absent of my existing manager.

The branch Staff I work with make the work day fun and they are also very supportive and encouraging.

I feel my Skills and experience in the Financial Industry have progressed tremendously since becoming a employee of the credit union with support and guidance of some very experienced and helpful managers.

This has gave me the confidence and passion to further my career in the Finance Industry with a Successful company where i can achieve my Goals for the future.
Pros
Great staff, Social Club benifits
Cons
Frequently Short Staffed
Excellent people culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 March 2015
The vision and values are of a very high standard. Much room for improvement through business development opportunities, and being located in prime positions.
Pros
Excellent locations in centres and CBD locations.
Cons
Little footfall and not much room for development due to being SA based
Good team of people to work with
Answered all incoming calls, determining the callers needs and redirecting all phones calls to relevant person or department. Coordinated and administered all incoming and outgoing mail. Assisting financial advisers and home loan advisers. Meet and greet clients, first point of contact, making them feel welcome while assisting with their queries. Administration support which included scanning documents, photocopying, filing and archiving. Maintained stationery levels and processed online orders through our national provider. Coordinating electronic appointment diaries for the Wealth Management Advisers in the Subiaco office. I worked with a small team of 14 people at the Subiaco office, the majority of us had worked there for more than six years so I had a good working relationship with my colleagues. The most difficult part of the job was not having all my skills fully utilised. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with long standing clients with whom you formed a good working relationship with.
Pros
Monthly RDO, staff discount on personal and home loans including insurance.
Cons
Lack of parking for staff members at the Subiaco office
Ok
FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT (Current Employee) –  Palmerston, NT17 May 2014
Sometimes it is busy enough to keep me from being bored, I like to be kept busy,
My teammates are all fantastic people to work with
Pros
sometimes it is busy enough to keep me from getting bored
Cons
Not enough work and i get bored with nothing to do