People Who Care

18: People Who Care Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun

I was working with people who care as a volunteer and work for the dole phase and they are a bunch of fantastic people to work with never had a problem with anyone friendly easy to to have a chat with easy to work with I give them a 10/10 good work you guys

Volunteering is a great life

I enjoy my work volunteering at People Who Care. I am valued as a worker and thanked daily for my efforts. I get to keep my office skills up-to-date while giving back a little to my community while in-between jobs. The management in my specific area is fantastic and very understanding if I cannot attend for whatever reason. The camaraderie is great in the workplace. The hardest part is keeping up with the work due to only working 2 part days/week and not always having enough others doing the job which takes at least 3 full days a week. Sometimes there will be others doing the job on other days, sometimes not.

Relaxed atmospere supportive staff

A really good place to work friendly people Sometimes quiet but there's always something to do. Activities arts and crafts workshop at the rear of shop.

Great cause but unsophisticated NFP in terms of strategy, policy and leadership

Lots of good people with their hearts in the right place but overall lack of vision and big picture thinking. This organisation is developing quickly although the response to the COVID-19 crisis has been very focused on crisis management where a more sophisticated approach may have seen the crisis as an opportunity for the organisation to shine.

Good company to work for

The atmosphere at people who care is wonderful and they do provide training to volunteers. Also the other staff help out as much as possible. The only downside is that the location isnt always easy to get to.

Productive and fun place to Volunteer with excellent team members

People Who Care are a non for profit organisation who help the general public in many areas including gardening, aged care, donations plus lots more. The People Who Care shops are well presented and have friendly and happy team members ready to help anyone in purchasing their goods.

Worked on painting boxes for child care groups and schools

Great atmosphere, great staff, and a great working environment. Great communication between workers to get the jobs done on time. The overall conditions are excellent.

Great People

Very rewarding work great place great clientele nice culture. Cannot make a living here though and no promotional oppertunities that's why I left. Made some good friends though.

Fun and productive working environment and always polite and helpful staff and volunteers

You know you're wanted as a volunteer person and PWC are helpful, polite and generous in their time with clients and volunteers. Ring them for voluntary work they are always willing and able to assist.

Most enjoyable part of this job was customer service

This was a fabulous job enjoyed every moment of it. Unfortunately new management put paid staff off. All the shops are run by volunteers only. When I worked there before new management it was a very supportive place to work. It was great working for a charity where you new the profit was going towards helping the community.

Team

Working as part of the Saturday team has been a real pleasure. They are some of the most kind hearted people you can meet and they will always have a smile on their face when serving customers. I wouldn't really say that any part of the job is difficult but there is a lot of work to be done in what w don.

Safe and productive workplace

Briefing and debriefing before and after every shift. supervising the elderly, providing person-center care for client in accordance to their care plan, reporting and recording every incident and encounter.

Pros

Taking client for outing and social activity

Cons

Long bus rides

Very special job position as program Facilitator in facilitating jobseekers

I’ve had such a huge learning curve in facilitating jobseekers and get to know my type of leadership better. I wish I had a better support from management yet they also have been overwhelmed by Jobactive departments.

Pros

Get to meet new people and have the capacity to influence them positively

Cons

Unreliable contract

fun and friendly atmosphere

As I enjoy volunteer works, the environment has a bliss feeling for my character, in addition to various jobs that I do during the day such cloths store shelving, cleaning and sometimes fix goods.

ages care

work placement for midland collage of tafe a normal day working with older people, taking them to outings, lunches, movies and everything else they need.

Pros

free food

Cons

long dragged days

Volunteer - I gave my time and was trained in office duties.

I volunteered my time to People Who Care, as they are a great organisation who assist our aging community to stay at home longer. I gave my time, but received so much more than expected. I was given training in carrying out general office duties, while spending some time with some wonderful people.

Pros

Fantastic orgaisation and people

Cons

Wonderful place to volunteer for.

People who care mandurah feels like one big happy place. Welcoming and supportive, you can volunteer with driving, gardening and maitnance, help with supporting The aged care activies, shopping days, and outings. You can upgrade your skills with being on a return to work program, progress to retirement, work for the dole, or school replacement for community service. It will help you to keep informed with up to date community events, help with social skills, help with self confidence, and best of all help those in your community.

Pros

Paid kilometers. excursion lunch up to $15.00, feel apart of the community.

Cons

Nil

supportive managment and team members.

People who care whom I have been with since may 2015, have been wonderful in helping me learn new skills for a new career path. The staff are friendly, helpful, honest and fun to work with. In this line of work you are never a number, you are respected, and spoken too with the attitude as " your a team member and your valued.

Pros

close to home. always there to support with learning new skills

Cons

nill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at People Who Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question