Peopleplus Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Regional Hub Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London15 July 2019
a wonderful place to work.
lovely management
everyone got on very well
employees got awarded for their hard work
employees got offered paid overtime
Limited support and poor work life balance
Financial Services Coach (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 May 2019
I only worked here for a few months but I never felt fully supported or well trained and then was told I “wasn’t picking it up quickly enough”. It was an extremely stressful job with unrealistic expectations of you. I was contracted 37.5 hours Monday to Friday but everyone who I spoke to worked weekends and evenings just to keep up with the workload. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor work life balance, long hours, poor training, high pressure
Terrible company with biased recruitment methods
Wellbeing Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 May 2019
Biased recruitment methods were used to hire a well known colleague of the assessors in an assessment centre. The candidate was provided with all information about the assessment centre before arriving and it was obvious on the day that this was the case. Other candidates were invited to the assessment to legitimise the hiring of said candidate , which actually happened. Created a very poor impression of peopleplus as an organisation.
Pros
None at all
Cons
An organisation that utilises biased methods of recruitment
Worthwhile and enjoyable
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales8 May 2019
I work for 2 separate employers as a Personal Assistant. Both employers are kind, sympathetic, appreciative and flexible. I have never been asked to do anything I haven't felt comfortable with.
The jobs are very different but both involve supporting an individual person with accessing the community, keeping safe, eating and drinking, socialising, conversation and ensuring they are happy and engaged.
The pay is reasonable for the type of work, there is very little stress, I work 4-5 hours twice a week during the day, Monday to Friday. The hours and days are mutually agreed with the employer. I also get very decent holiday pay and expenses.
I am very happy in these two jobs as I get on well with the employers and the 2 people I support.
Both people live within 5 miles of my home and each time I meet up with them it is different, so I enjoy the variety of the experiences.
I am well supported by the local Advisor who has always responded promptly when I or my employers have had any problems. He's been very kind and sympathetic and has sorted lots of minor things out for us.
I would like to do more of this type of work as it is rewarding and fun and the relationships I have with the people is friendly and easy going. I would recommend this type of work as it not something you take home with you and worry about.
Pros
Lovely people, reasonable wages, well supported, fun and fulfilling
Cons
I would like to do more of this type of work, but there is not much about in the rural area where I live.
Average
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 April 2019
Average pay, job security as always low, completed my NVQ. wasn't treat very nice towards the end of my time there.

a
Terrible place to work
Coach (Former Employee) –  Field Based13 March 2019
Avoid, avoid and avoid
Management do not have a clue or care for the staff o. The ground
Workload is too high
Pay is terrible
Only upside was Monday to Friday
Pros
Monday to friday
Cons
Too many to list
Too ambitious
Trainer (Current Employee) –  South30 January 2019
The company have ideas that in reality are too difficult to achieve as they haven't given you the right tools or training to support the role. Such a shame that yet another company who are not investing in its people.
Not Great
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland7 January 2019
Upper managmenbt unfriendly and rude. treated like a number. Too much workload per person. Unfair expectations, too few staff forjobs required, moved without consent or "asked" but no choice given
Pros
Cons
Long hours, too much expected
Great worklife balance
Administrator / Learner mentor (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire17 December 2018
great place to work
good for worklife balance
good staff and working conditions
good management

however not verry stable and you never know when your job is going to end when other centres are closing near your current location
Rewarding
part time teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire11 December 2018
A prison stuck in the middle of nowhere. So you have to do a lot of travelling. But no mileage or car allowance and you have to be in the staff room for 8am. 1% pay rise in 6 years. Salary not good for the experience and qualifications they want.
Pros
Rewarding to see learners learn new skills
Cons
Early start, poor wages. No car allowance.
Extemely Poor place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands6 December 2018
Staff morale is low, People plus do not know how to manage criminal justice contracts and those staff are left in the dark.

money is very poor in criminal justice, no job security, job development and generally they do not care if your sick, bullied at work, or going through grievance.
They force people to resign.
No clue how to manage criminal justice, probation should not be targeted by tick boxes at all.

no one changes lives in people plus or in the criminal justice.
Pros
collegue were great but just work friends thats it, no one is truly a friend in a work place
Cons
its a dog eat dog culture
Gained a great deal of experience working at this company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire12 November 2018
Gained a great deal of experience working at this company.
Gained a great deal of insight into the bidding process.
Gained an understanding of how government contracts are delivered.
Fun productive work place
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Kings Norton3 October 2018
People plus is a work programme that works along side the job centre, it was a small team who were like family it consisted of employment consultants, a training team, It and admin/reception.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with aggravated service users this was a common occurrence as the employment consultants could stop the service users benefits if they felt they were not adequately looking for work.

The most enjoyable part of work was being there, I loved the job however was made redundant in 2016.

During my time at PeoplePlus i learned how to work as a team and how enjoyable that makes the workplace.
Quality Focused Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 August 2018
Target driven
Quality at the heart of all roles
Good leadership
Supportive staff
Lots of travel whilst managing large regional areas
Whilst challenging it was also fun.
A good company to work for.
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee) –  HMP/YOI Chelmsford26 July 2018
I've worked for Peopleplus in their OLASS Prison Education departments for the last three years, after teaching for 15 years in the the state secondary education sector. While I have to say that the pay and pensions can't compete with the school system, the pay at least isn't a mile away from the FE college rates.
Since joining Peopleplus my life has become my own. No more weekends and evenings marking work and I can take my holidays at a time when it suits me. The staff are friendly, the management are approachable and I would rather face a small class of 10 prisoners over the 30 teenagers any day of the week.
Pros
No working at home, small classes and thefreedom to take holidays when I want them
Cons
Pay and pensions struggle to compete with the state sector
Foward thinking and supportive Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 July 2018
I chose to join the business after working with them as a consultative partner. I work within the Justice team and find them to be forward thinking and innovative.
The managers are incredibly supportive of staff and are always looking for ways to better and develop their team members.
There is also a real strong moral ethos and passion to truly change lives.
Pros
Fantastic support network
Cons
Due to security restctions commncation can sometimes be a little slow
Tough industry but supportive company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands21 June 2018
The company is in a tough industry but it has achieved fantastic results in recent years thanks to great staff. I'm lucky to have worked with some of the best and am pleased they get the recognition they deserve because of their hard work.
Not a good company
Carpentry lecturer (Former Employee) –  HMP Littlehey15 June 2018
Don't work for them. They have no concern for their employees and the management was a disaster. Working in the prison environment, you expect to have the support of the management as there are numerous prob!sms that would occur get management were never available when needed.
Used to be fantastic
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Blackpool/Lancaster30 May 2018
Job that I did was fab, customer facing and literally life changing. However as that contract ends so the company changes. Not interested in the wellbeing of their staff. Company now more interested in money-making-contracts - which I understand, it's a business - but at what cost? Offices are closing and moving to smaller, cheaper premises and running on minimum staff
excellent and fun working place
Carer (Current Employee) –  Bridgend28 May 2018
I love my job with peopleplus, my boss is extremely understanding and also makes me feel very welcomed. I absolutely love working with them, and also the opportunities I have gained.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peopleplus. Our community is ready to answer.