PeopleScout Employee Reviews

Company with no heart
Sr Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 June 2019
The company is management top heavy with few people of color in management roles including at the lowest level of team lead.
The wages are especially low for the average worker with minimum benefits. The preach about inclusion but are fair from putting it practice.
There is a total lack of respect for workers growth or growth potential.
Pros
Free coffe if you drink it
Cons
Low wages, no ongoing training, few benefits no organization
Great work place
Sr Recruiting Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, India27 May 2019
Great work and compant to work with.. loved the atmosphere .. Like any other good MNC.
Had good relations with employees..

Working hours alos fine.
Workplace Messt, but Great Client!
Senior Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 May 2019
I loved working here! Management can be a bit childish and immature..but overall great pay and team engagement events. The work environment can show favoritism at times and some drama, but what workplace doesnt have it.
Pros
Great Pay, Team Engagement
Cons
30 min lunch
Metrics.
Core Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 May 2019
The job itself is fine, but due to being quota driven on top of your numbers possibly being out of your control, lead to a bad time. I was told if I made 50 calls a day, I should make my numbers. I made between 55 and 65 and wasn't hitting my numbers. I was originally told the amount of calls I made would exonerate me from the metrics. I was later told that was a lie, and I could call 100 times a day and would still be let go if I didn't hit my numbers.
Run
no benefits for employees
no enthusiasm
poor job culture
no team building exercises
Pros
Getting a check if they gave you the 40 hours
Cons
Everything else
Misleading
Recruitment Interviewer Phone Screener (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 April 2019
I enjoyed working for Peoplescout, even though it took me a while to get set up.

I thought I was doing a good job, following up on leads, working closely with my Talent Advisors. I was always finishing my work and then extended myself to other TA's so I could make best use of my time and my management always gave me the "old pat on the back" for being a "team player".

The contract I was working on was withdrawn from the company and I was laid off. After 3 months, I didn't get another assignment, and was then told that my management said some very negative things about me, none of which I had heard of before. It was contrary to what I had been hearing, and I was floored.

I was also concerned about their diversity issues. They seem to embrace diversity only when it comes to LBGT lifestyles.

I am religiously diverse and that didn't fit in well with some of my coworkers, so when they would go all out for their holiday themes, I wouldn't be involved so that set me apart from them. I got lots of attitude and comments from staff working in my area because of my non willingness to participate.

So they alienated me.

I was promised a bonus if I stayed through the transition and finalization of the contract, which I did, and never got it. Very misleading.

As far as the work was concerned. I enjoyed what I did and am grateful for all of the training I received.
Pros
Flex-Time
Cons
Misleading actions, comments, false promises and selective diversity.
Fun workplace, very team oriented
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 April 2019
Great place to work! The culture is very collaborative and the executives are very self-sufficient and tech savvy. The break room was convenient and had a nice view of the river.
Pros
Full autonomy; treated like a grownup
Cons
No transparency around employment discussions
Great
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana11 April 2019
good day at work .
many programs and sessions for daily need at work.
Management is average.
Workplace culture is quite good.
Night shifts without any facilities , good cafeteria is the hardest part of job as night shifts make its very tough to work.
Loved the worK THERE.
Okay place to work for if your looking to gain Recruitment experience.
Client Facing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 March 2019
This is a okay company to work for if your looking to gain experience with recruiting. I would suggests staying a few months to two years if your trying to pursue a career in Recruiting. The pay structure here is horrible as you are conducting a lot of phone screens on a daily basis. High turnover is expected as you are doing a lot of work for little pay. In other words, don't make a habit of staying here, get the experience needed and move on.
Pros
Flexible schedule, & company offers lunch vendors to come to site three days a week
Cons
Parking, Compensation, will take a very long time to get promoted within.
A company using people to fill their pockets, they could care less about you.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 March 2019
After a record year and the company acquiring several global companies they just announced do to issues they will not be giving out merit increases. Yes, that is correct record year and we are not going to reward the people that delivered the results to our clients. TIME TO LEAVE. This is a company that over works their people, pushes them to do more work than they should and treats them like crud. The leadership is terrible, they are micro managers who focus on nothing but negative. The pay is low and the work is high. They are a prime example of greed being bad. I would highly recommend not joining this cruddy company and it is time to leave this pathetic place. There are not enough bad words to describe the "leadership" here - they are greedy people who could care less about you.
Pros
Employment - tons to do
Cons
Low pay, pathetic leadership, zero appreciation and no stability. Ask about things and they threaten.
Best Remote Company to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX13 March 2019
Been working here for over 3 years and it's the best, lots of work to do great clients and the co-workers are the best. I truly love my job and the fact it's 100% remote is the best.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
More Overtime would be nice
Productive and fun working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  India11 February 2019
PeopleScout offers a highly competitive environment with opportunities to explore and learn. Employees are encouraged to bring creativity to the table. Hard work and sincerity is highly appreciated. Quality is of paramount importance to the management. Frequent unwinding activities reduce the stress of the job. A typical day is filled with work and fun wherein one could rewind if stressed with work, talk out with the management and solve problems together. Management is supportive and is involved in understanding employee’s goals on personal and professional level.
Pros
Healthcare, Transport
They do not give fair compensation for the work you do
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 January 2019
It is not a terrible place but they take advantage of their workers. Benefits and compensation are terrible! If you want to grow within the company, you have to know the right people and or be buddies with your manager.
Compliance Talent Acquisition Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 January 2019
This company is very well know, and has it's global reach. I've been at this company for quite a while now, and will like to move up within, bit with the benefit of a higher pay, and full benefits.

The flex is okay i guess for a young person, but if you have a family this position is not for you.
i like the culture, and the location is great very nice people you see around the company.

I wish the managers will have a better relationship with their team.
Sr. Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  United States18 December 2018
Peoplescout is a great place to work if you are only looking to work remotely. There is no job security and very little advancement. Most managers have very little experience and take great advantage of you if possible.
Pros
Cons
Pay and benefit
Good People; and great opportunities
Sr Operations Manager, Recruiting (Former Employee) –  virtual9 December 2018
Not enough time for PS work and client expectations; good people but lots of work and sales does not align with what is needed to meet client expectations and the resources necessary
Peoplscout
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 November 2018
My experience with Peoplescout has been good. I think the training and communication could be better but it's a very good place to start your human resources and recruiting journey.
Pros
Work and Life Balance, flex scheduling
Cons
poor communication
Best company I've ever worked for
Client Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD16 November 2018
PeopleScout has high expectations and they do everything they can to help employees deliver great service to clients. Every account is different but leadership on my account is fantastic...I would even say "visionary" based on some drastic changes over the last several years (our VP recognized some key pain points and made big changes that, while a bit scary at first, ended up making life easier for employees and have driven better business results and a happier client).

PeopleScout has established a really wonderful culture that expects people to strive to do their best and get better, and understands that employees are humans, not robots, and manages accordingly. There are frequent surveys to gather feedback from employees and an organized effort from management to create change based on that feedback.

Front-line supervisors genuinely care about people and you can be yourself with them--all they ask is that you be great at your job. Teammates are collaborative, hard-working, smart, and fun to work with. The client we work with is awesome too and their culture meshes with PeopleScout's culture really well. The team is pretty diverse and very welcoming; we have a lot of young family folks here and you see both moms and dads flexing schedules and using the Parental leave benefit, lots of faces from different walks of life, etc. Personally, I have been out of the closet for years in this environment and feel totally comfortable and supported by leadership and teammates, which can be hard to find, and it's hard to overstate how great that's been for my quality of life.
  more...

This is the best job I've ever had; it's rewarding to work with and for people that I am glad to know. I definitely recommend PeopleScout to anyone who loves making clients happy and isn't afraid of putting in a little hard work to be the best in the biz!
Pros
Everything else
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
Do NOT Work Here!
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
- zero opportunity for career growth;
- poor leadership decision-making - hires unqualified managers who do not understand their team’s roles and cannot act as a coach / leader;
- terrible health benefits for which employees pay out of pocket on every pay cheque;
- lack of performance evaluations, even when requested by employee;
- no salary increases or bonuses (even for employees with 1+ years of service FT);
- no recognition of accomplishments;
- poor work/life balance - OT to be approved in advance or else unpaid; clients expect responsiveness to requests on weekends;
- poor team morale & too many political games amongst coworkers;
- salaries are below market value;
- little vacation time (3 weeks), for which employees must find a backup POC - this becomes severely stressful for person going on vacation, and it’s chaos when they come back.
- company does not seem to care about employees as individuals - any concerns brought up about the working environment or about another coworker are shoved under the rug and nothing is ever done about issues / concerns. the company only cares about performance numbers, and if someone is a “good performer” because they meet targets, they can get away with any type of behaviour without consequences;
- very high turnover rate and absenteeism due to stress and anxiety.
Pros
- in-office birthday celebrations; - team events, such as potlucks.
Cons
- everything else.
Unethical and Unsupportive
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2018
Management was terrible; they did not stand up for employees. The pay for the RC role was not worth it. The workload was overwhelming. They did not train their employees. They also lied about working from home and advancement opportunities. Do not apply there!!!
Pros
Great RCs that are overworked
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeopleScout. Our community is ready to answer.