PepsiCo

Australia41 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,758 reviews

Great place

Good ppl, pay not bad, location is great. Just boring at times in the warehouse. Other than that is was good working there. Just do a great job , be happy at work.

Pros

Great ppl, good job

Cons

Boring factory

working environment is very good

As a packer the is job quite challenging. Pepsico follows safety instructions and maintain it well. The toughest job is the cleaning and sanitising the machines. Pepsico gives free chips and gifts to their all employees on different occasions if you are from the agent you won't get any gifts or chips which is really bad.They treat differently the full time and casual or agent workers.

Pros

Good working environment, salary

Cons

Heavy machine cleaning

DO NOT work in this toxic and cliquey place

PepsiCo / Smiths chips used to be an amazing place to work years ago, we had fun and enjoyed the work, but not these days. Over the years, the workload increased dramatically with less staff and more automation, while the pay didn’t keep up with the increased workload, which has caused a high staff turnover. As the previous reviewers mentioned, it’s stressful, toxic and too much nepotism. Good: The pay here is above average and you can make a lot of money with overtime, such as coming in or staying back 4 hours to cover another shift or weekend work. Most workers are decent and you get free chips weekly, a hamper (with a leg of ham) yearly. Bad:The place is very cliquey and I witnessed nepotism often. A number of cliques exist within the factory with several groups of friends or family members who have each other's backs. If you aren’t in these cliques, it can be much harder to get promoted or even a lot of overtime. Even if you have worked here for 20 years. As the previous reviewer said, there is so much conflict of interest with some managers hiring friends and family members or even promoting based on friendship rather than qualifications. About half the employees I talked to before leaving felt like the company only promotes and looks after “their own” people rather than everyone fairly. I would NOT recommend this toxic place.

Good remuneration - Toxic and nepotism

The main benefits of working for this company were good remuneration, which includes shift loading, plenty of overtime (if one desires) and much easier to get another job with PepsiCo on your resume. Having previously worked for family-run companies, multi-nationals and the government, this place was the worst for nepotism and toxicity. Nepotism is rife. A large number of employees I worked with are related (family, friends, partners) and If you aren't related or friends with management, moving up can be difficult. I witnessed, on several occasions, less deserving people get a promotion over a more qualified/experienced person, simply due to nepotism. I personally found PepsiCo to be a very toxic workplace, not so much from the floor staff, mostly from front-line and senior managers. Some employees, including myself would often go home and cry at the end of a shift after being verbally abused. It become too much in the end and had find find an alternative career.

Pros

Remuneration, Most staff are amazing

Cons

Toxic, Nepotism, High staff turn-over

Not good

As a aboriginal I found Pepsi to be very welcoming and nice to aboriginal people. The staff inside the factory respect you n are very good people no matter where you come from. The problem is job is too hard, to many tasks, too much cleaning, just not a good place to work. Some senior mangers were rude and seen them say bad things to myself and others. Also another bad thing is managers have hired there friends, family members and even their partners who get easy jobs, so a lot of conflict here. - Good Pro aboriginal companyGood staff n friendly dayshift team leader -BadManager rudeBoss rudeJob too hard

Empresa agradável.

Empresa super agradável e dinâmica. Pagamentos em dia.

Pros

Vale refeição

Cons

Nenhum

Good pay, Horrible job, Toxic

The pay is good and most PMOs (operators) are good but the work life balance is terrible. They deny your annual leave frequently, so it can be hard to get a day off when you want. The smiths line runs way too quick as the machines are bad and poorly maintained and always break but the team leaders blame the PMOs, packers are case people for machine failures. Most floor staff are good people but always under pressure and feel frustrated and stressed. Most operators take many sick days to compensate this stress and frustration to survive. Overall, a poor and toxic workplace.

Pros

Good money, PMOs are good, free chips weekly

Cons

Stressful job, toxic workplace, human CCTV

Stressful and too hard - Good pay

This was a pretty bad place to work as the company is understaffed but pushes so much product out the door, you and the machines can barley keep up sometimes. You are just a number here and the managers and team leaders don't treat you well. I and all the other operator I knew there were often told off on a number of occasions for no reason as the machines are terrible and fail so much but the team leader or managers blame you for this. Money is very good, some operators make over 100,000 but none of them like this place, they just stay for the money.

Pros

Good wage, Good floor staff

Cons

Managers are horrible, machines are bad, stressful and toxic workplace

A bad place to work

This was a bad place to work, the job was too hard and it was toxic. Most of the warehouse team members were great people and great to work with. A large number of them are unhappy with their job but stay for the money.

Pros

Money

Cons

Toxic, Job was too hard, Employees are just a number

Too stressful and not worth the remuneration

PepsiCo regency park was not a bad place to work but the Machine Operator job itself was too stressful and was not worth the remuneration. You would spend 8 hrs under the pump stacking boxes on the floor and then back onto the line (as the conveyer system frequently stopped), fixing the same machine problems everyday, all year round, as nothing was fixed and at the same time rushing paperwork. If you made a mistake on the paper work, which was easy to do, the company gives you a "Red Audit" against your name. PepsiCo itself seems like a good company, however, I would NOT recommend the Regency Park site.

Pros

Remuneration, free chips every week & other operators and shift managers are nice people

Cons

Too stressful

Money good but no good place to work

This is a no good place to work as a packer. They are only care about pumping the product and money. Only do this job for money as everything about this place isnt good. You get treated really bad here and i feel sad working here.

Pros

Money

Cons

Terrible place to work, Getting phone call at 2 or 3am to come in to work.

Workplace culture

The company and the job is great however, there is a big problem lurking in the organisation. The boss is highly toxic. Poor mentoring but rather use Sadistic approach in dealing with the team members. Human CCTV exists. Bullying is very common and somewhat encouraged.

Getting product out the door

Very fast paced environment. They dont care about there staff and there safety.if you speak up your out the door.there is constant bullying from middle management. They are only worried about getting the product out the door so much is swept under the carpet and the way you get spoke to by management is like something they have just wiped off there shoe.NOGOOD

Bad Work Culture

They don't care about the hard working people who want to make a better place. Only reason to get the job is for the income or if you need good working hours as they have day/afternoon/night/weekend day/weekend Night,

Pros

Pay

Cons

Bad work place

Good job, great culture

Collaborative culture. Helpful and caring staff. Supportive management. I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor. I felt like part of the team from the moment I started my job.

great work place

really enjoyed my time there i was only there for a brief time. The team were great and really welcoming. They did invite me back but I had already moved on.

Awesome Workplace!

As a casual employee with Randstad, this is a great introduction to the manufacturing and warehouse space. However, it must be noted that shifts can be difficult to come by via the Deputy rostering system. Competition for work at Pepsico is fierce!

Good people to work with on the floor. Old school technology for cleaning processes, which turns these activities into a hard and very physical job. Management was OK. Middle management, like team leaders and supervisors require coaching training; They were not very good with everyone, even when some of the operators were way more trained and with high professional qualifications.

The plant left Western Australia

It was a good place and a great bunch of people to work with until the plant closed down. We still catch up now, shame it closed down. I feel that the Factory could of add lines rather than close down.

Nice group of people and great office space

Everyone was very welcoming and helpful even though I was only there for a short period of time. Always given extra to do if asked which made the work day a lot easier. Enjoyed my time here.