Peregrine Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Peregrine Corporation Employee Reviews

Australia45 reviews
Brutal workload but if you put in the effort it's a stable job
Working at On The Run can be exhausting. Management are put through alot from head office and the upper management meaning the resulting stress can trickle down into the lower tier workers. However, if you're willing to put in the extra miles your day can pass quickly and you can be quite confident you'll have a safe job for as long as you want it.
As a bonus, working at the sites that offer fuel gives you the opportunity to meet all kinds of people from all walks of life. Everyone needs fuel, right? I've become good friends with multiple regular customers.

All in all it certainly isn't the worst place to work but I definitely wouldn't aspire to be a part of the company for long.
Would never recommend anyone work there.
Gross mismanagement of upper management. Extremely low wages. Poor staff training. Nepotism & cronyism rife throughout the company. Poorly maintained stores re: health & safety.
Pros
Met a couple of nice people/ work colleagues.
Cons
Not enough space to list the 'cons'
Paid very less for the job done
Company should review the management regarding how the Store Managers and Area Managers behave with staff... They don't even care how a person goes through and don't have a minimum sense to act accordingly and don't even support the staff... All they need is to be in their budget and My manager was a RACIST !!
Stressful retail environment with little assistance from management and head office
Very little assistance given to store managers from head office, unable to provide casual staff for Christmas rush period. Stores are overstocked with nowhere to store excess stock.
Busy work place
Extremely busy work place which was good but left little time for training. My position was Assistant Manager but rarely did I get the chance to learn the financials etc due to store being too busy
Workloads can be too high at a time.
Typical day at work includes maintaining the store. Making coffees, making hot dogs, prepare orange juices, serving customers, selling fuels, replenishing stocks, smokes and dairies.
Pros
Management is not too bad as people think, career growth etc.
Cons
Workload is way too high compared to other servos, pay grade etc.
Toxic
I was blackmailed into taking a $7/hr pay cut under the threat of being sacked because they "couldn't afford it", now I'm staring down the barrel of yet another Peregrine run shop opening in my town. I've been bullied by my area manager who says because they work fifty hours for $45k then I should too. I've been bullied by HR and lied to by payroll. HR are not there for the staff, they're there as a shield for upper management. If this company was boiled down to one phrase, they'd "take a lolipop from a child's mouth to steal a dollar". They are money grabbers and dodgy. If you want a job that pays its staff hours worked, look elsewhere! Head office staff have never worked in the shops below and sit in their ivory tower on golden thrones. Don't apply to work for this toxic business that belongs in a Communist country, not Australia.
Pros
Cons
Pay discrepancies, bullying and blackmail
Overall it was a alright company and good hourly rate
Team members are required duties on their shifts and follow procedures that the company requires. Sometimes workload between team members find certain team members carry the workload more than often. I’ve also gained relationships with regular customers and kept growing.
I learned that when an employee makes a minor mistake they don’t give the employee a second chance. One strike you’re dismissed.

Management I’ve experienced with are friendly and willing to help with extra hours where possible or at another store. Supporting management at individual stores aren’t that great and don’t get the support they need. And I believe they need more of a support system instead of doing it alone and to have their back.

Workplace culture is friendly and positive. Team members need more support of each other and able to take constructive criticism and work on their performances.

Hardest part of the job for the team members is getting a permanent part time job. A lot of the workers are on casual wages.

Most of the workers are happy with their job. Some just happy to have a job. Some aren’t so happy with how things are handled and better management from the head office.
Pros
Great casual salary, great hours, extra hours from other stores
Cons
Poor management from head office, no permanent part time positions, treated unfairly with lack of management in store
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peregrine Corporation?
Cold, callus and calculated!!!!!
The lying, scheming and backstabbing is a start. If your senior doesn’t like you, you’re lost or gotten rid of. They use and abuse. You are only there for their benefit, although told it’s for yours. Long hours, heavy lifting, unachievable goals and tasks. The staff, the face of the company are abused on a daily basis and never supported by management. I worked for the company and know first hand, I witnessed the treatment of fellow team members and was subjected personally to this cruel and malicious torment from my management whom I was told, with smiles, that I would be supported. Not a place for confidence or growth.
Pros
Cons
Everything bad
The worst place
The place is horrible. Your constantly treated like dirt. Being told to do so much when your by yourself with no considering of how busy it is. Being refused to get extra staff knowing the one person can on do so much. No appreciation and realistic on what practical . Staff are constantly leaving and now I know why. It's a bad place that doesn't treat staff well. All they care is the money they make !!!
Cons
30 mins breaks no matter how long you have worked
Good Work Place
• Provide outstanding customer service to all customers, whether a fuel, lubricant or convenience transaction.
• Process sales in an accurate and timely manner.

• Experienced Barista

• Looking after the bakes Brumbies area.

• Increase sales through promotions and up selling.

• Process relevant paperwork accurately (settlements and shift totals) for reconciliation, and advise Site Manager of any concerns or discrepancies

• Ensuring that stock is full replenished and rotated.

• Answer the site telephone using the site approved telephone script

• Undertake any other general duty associated with console and site operation, as directed, by the Site Manager
Horrible environment
Worked for this company for over a year. Constantly harassed and bullied by the managers and above. Constantly threatened. Nothing is ever good enough for this company. They are money savers and so dodgy! If you looking for a job that pays its staff for required overtime this is not OTR!!!! Absolute disgusting head office employees too ! Honestly wouldn’t bother applying to this dump of a business
Pros
Weekly pay cheque
Cons
Unstable roster, bullying, management, no breaks ever, unpaid overtime, constant abuse from head office
Very low pay!!
Very little pay for working extremely hard. No recognition on hard work, no support from management, no policies on bullying, discrimination, favouritism, and treated poorly from upper management.

It's the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about anything except for their own pockets.
Pros
Cons
everything
not good work place
Not a pleasant work environment if you are not on good books with the big friend group that runs the company. It can be good if you have friends but there is a lot of bullying .
Productive work place
Exceptional place to work, team members are an essential part of the company.
The most enjoyable part of the work place is the people you meet, the team members you work with and the chance to move up the ladder.
Pros
Customers
Worse work environment possible
The company has does not help to improve or promotion opportunities. The company’s environment can cause stress, depression and anxiety
The good people at the company can be counted on the fingers
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
They don’t like a work/ personal life balance. The work environment is disgusting
Low salary & heavy work load.
Not recommended work for there.

The worst workplace in my life.

with really cheap people like Peregrine. Even the rates are really less and store management are really poor to manage their workers.

They used us until they find people to fill their regional store in Ceduna.

So don't waste your time with really cheap people like Peregrine.
Cons
Cheat people
Job is not worth the stress
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
Operations Manager is nothing but a bully.

Work your butt off with no incentives. Culture boils down to, if you work hard you get hours but if you don't barely get any hours and they wonder why they can't hold onto Staff.

The only enjoyable part of the job was the Customers.

Health and Saftey on the Fuel side of the business is very bad, but appearance of the Shop is critical. In the near future someone will be killed at work and then they MIGHT fix it, if you are lucky.

If you are going to run a Fuel Business take a leaf out of BP Australia's book because you guys have no idea. Fuel and food should never cross over...
Pros
Customers
Cons
Upper Management bullies
Retail professionals
A retail Goliath based in SA.The sheer seize of the company allows for advancement through varying channels depending on experience.
With site is all states, opportunities are limitless.
Hardworking career with not many benefits in salary or incentives.
Not the best job, the hours are ridiculous, (i work 5am-2pm) because it is a 24/7 company. People are really dodgy to work with, the management changes consistently and we are paid the minimum wage. I've sadly worked here for 3 years as I can't find another job.
Pros
50% off coffee's.
Cons
Early hour starts such as 4am. Paid the minimum wage. Weekend rate on public holidays.
Poorly Run Business
Running around like a headless chook all day. No systems, structure or performance to drive improvement. Its like a revolving door, people coming and going non stop within 3-6 months. Stability is poor, work demand is just crazy and the lack of pay is ridiculous, but demand is extremely high. The pressure to perform is insane and overall the company is not interested in you as a person, but only looking to see how big the business can grow. The directors need to complete an inside business review, and see what people and employees really do and how they are treated.
Pros
Some great people to work with
Cons
poor pay and work demand is crazy for no reward.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peregrine Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7