Peregrine Corporation

Peregrine Corporation Employee Reviews

Australia54 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Making sure you are there on time and in uniform

On time, ensuring equipment is ready to use. Serving, merchandising stocktaking and how to please customers. Hardest part was reviewing and finding hidden mistakes. Most enjoyable is the team, vendors and customers.some early finishes.

Pros

Some very early finishes

Cons

Some late finishes.

Worst job ever

This was the worst job ever. Managers and area managers are the worst, so do the people. Worst management ever. Employees are treated like trash. You are never valued for the work you do. Management always expects impossible by you, and you're treated like trash. You are made to work all alone in the store and multitask while the store is busy.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Worst management, No value

Don't do it to yourself.

My time at OTR made me realise 2 very important things—those who work on the front lines, those people you see behind the counter— are probably some of the most resilient people you will ever meet and secondly—when it comes an extremely toxic workplace culture, to the most unrealistic expectations and a morale that nothing is ever good enough despite how hard you work, this is the company for you. The good: Lovely customers, nice store, buy 1 get 1 free coffee, fuel discountThe bad:- Extreme level of micromanagement- Will work really hard and still get told off about small things, no recognition or incentive for hard work - Not appreciated by management and taken advantage of- Unstable hours/one week you'll get lots of shifts, the next week very little: this makes it near impossible to budget- Below standard and highly confusing pay rate system that involved 5 different pay rates depending upon when you worked, what day you worked, what time you worked, how many shifts you worked and if you did morning/afternoon/evening shifts, only morning/only afternoon/only evening or a combination of all 3- The morning rate is less than afternoon shift despite being the busiest time of day, whether you start before or after 1pm will affect your rate of pay as well- A traditional "penalty rate" only applies if you work after midday on Saturday or all day Sunday or only work overnight shifts- Despite working overnight shift, if you work mornings or afternoons too, your rate of overnight pay will be less - Unrealistic expectations regarding workload- Getting rostered on days off -

Pros

Lovely customers, nice store, half price coffee, fuel discount

Cons

Too many to mention

Stay clear at all costs

You're worked extremely hard for bottom of the barrel pay and incentives. Pay is ridiculously low just because we are employed under OTR. If you're seeking a job in fast food, do it in a standalone franchise, not through OTR. Management treats you like absolute garbage and is extremely manipulative and two faced. They treat you like gold at the interview but do not be deceived. Favouritism is also at large, so unless you are buddy buddy with the management don't expect much. The only positive is that you might make some friends.

Pros

Other crew members

Cons

Horrific pay, short hours, horrible management

Great place to work. The managers are really great and easy to get along with.

It is an excellent job but it may not suit everyone. If customer service is your thing go for it! I had the opportunity of working behind a console and also at head office in the phone sales department and also the warehouse picking and packing orders.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Weekend work at sites

Bullying and unprofessional

A very unprofessional approach from management towards the workplace, long replies, unclear messages, and overall rude. Coworkers are rude if you are not in the inner circle or favoured. Poor training and if you're not great from the get-go they don't acknowledge you or provide further training but instead ignore you and give you poor hours. I'm part-time and I got 6 hours a week when I agreed to get a minimum of 9 hours. Had issues with safety and the management just swept it under the rug and ignored it. Wouldn't recommend it. Handing in my resignation.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Bullying and unproffesional

Average

Not an advancement company, no place for full time work, casual only, not willing to re-hire previous employees, will not respond with notification if re applying for job

Pros

gd mix of ppl

Cons

No place for advancement, will not re hire former employees

A Bunch of Bullies

Management is not concerned about the employees well being. Unrealistic workload, understaffed, constant bullying by night supervisors and managers, part-time staff are treated as casual without having to pay penalty rates, no fixed roster, no work/life balance. Staff discount is limited to 4c/l on fuel and buy 1 get 1 for coffee.

Pros

Casual pay rate is goo

Cons

Weekend rate on public holidays

Don't go there

The culture at OTR is poor, There is a culture of "fear" and middle managers are not empowered to speak their minds. Site managers have no autonomy. There is often last minute instructions received which impacts on work life balance. Training in insufficient and the salary is pathetic. The hardest part of the role is trying to balance the requirement of the role with minimal staff. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home.

Would never recommend anyone work there.

Gross mismanagement of upper management. Extremely low wages. Poor staff training. Nepotism & cronyism rife throughout the company. Poorly maintained stores re: health & safety.

Pros

Met a couple of nice people/ work colleagues.

Cons

Not enough space to list the 'cons'

Brutal workload but if you put in the effort it's a stable job

Working at On The Run can be exhausting. Management are put through alot from head office and the upper management meaning the resulting stress can trickle down into the lower tier workers. However, if you're willing to put in the extra miles your day can pass quickly and you can be quite confident you'll have a safe job for as long as you want it. As a bonus, working at the sites that offer fuel gives you the opportunity to meet all kinds of people from all walks of life. Everyone needs fuel, right? I've become good friends with multiple regular customers. All in all it certainly isn't the worst place to work but I definitely wouldn't aspire to be a part of the company for long.

Paid very less for the job done

Company should review the management regarding how the Store Managers and Area Managers behave with staff... They don't even care how a person goes through and don't have a minimum sense to act accordingly and don't even support the staff... All they need is to be in their budget and My manager was a RACIST !!

Stressful retail environment with little assistance from management and head office

Very little assistance given to store managers from head office, unable to provide casual staff for Christmas rush period. Stores are overstocked with nowhere to store excess stock.

Busy work place

Extremely busy work place which was good but left little time for training. My position was Assistant Manager but rarely did I get the chance to learn the financials etc due to store being too busy

Workloads can be too high at a time.

Typical day at work includes maintaining the store. Making coffees, making hot dogs, prepare orange juices, serving customers, selling fuels, replenishing stocks, smokes and dairies.

Pros

Management is not too bad as people think, career growth etc.

Cons

Workload is way too high compared to other servos, pay grade etc.

Toxic

I was blackmailed into taking a $7/hr pay cut under the threat of being sacked because they "couldn't afford it", now I'm staring down the barrel of yet another Peregrine run shop opening in my town. I've been bullied by my area manager who says because they work fifty hours for $45k then I should too. I've been bullied by HR and lied to by payroll. HR are not there for the staff, they're there as a shield for upper management. If this company was boiled down to one phrase, they'd "take a lolipop from a child's mouth to steal a dollar". They are money grabbers and dodgy. If you want a job that pays its staff hours worked, look elsewhere! Head office staff have never worked in the shops below and sit in their ivory tower on golden thrones. Don't apply to work for this toxic business that belongs in a Communist country, not Australia.

Pros

Cons

Pay discrepancies, bullying and blackmail

Overall it was a alright company and good hourly rate

Team members are required duties on their shifts and follow procedures that the company requires. Sometimes workload between team members find certain team members carry the workload more than often. I’ve also gained relationships with regular customers and kept growing. I learned that when an employee makes a minor mistake they don’t give the employee a second chance. One strike you’re dismissed. Management I’ve experienced with are friendly and willing to help with extra hours where possible or at another store. Supporting management at individual stores aren’t that great and don’t get the support they need. And I believe they need more of a support system instead of doing it alone and to have their back. Workplace culture is friendly and positive. Team members need more support of each other and able to take constructive criticism and work on their performances. Hardest part of the job for the team members is getting a permanent part time job. A lot of the workers are on casual wages. Most of the workers are happy with their job. Some just happy to have a job. Some aren’t so happy with how things are handled and better management from the head office.

Pros

Great casual salary, great hours, extra hours from other stores

Cons

Poor management from head office, no permanent part time positions, treated unfairly with lack of management in store

Cold, callus and calculated!!!!!

The lying, scheming and backstabbing is a start. If your senior doesn’t like you, you’re lost or gotten rid of. They use and abuse. You are only there for their benefit, although told it’s for yours. Long hours, heavy lifting, unachievable goals and tasks. The staff, the face of the company are abused on a daily basis and never supported by management. I worked for the company and know first hand, I witnessed the treatment of fellow team members and was subjected personally to this cruel and malicious torment from my management whom I was told, with smiles, that I would be supported. Not a place for confidence or growth.

Pros

Cons

Everything bad

The worst place

The place is horrible. Your constantly treated like dirt. Being told to do so much when your by yourself with no considering of how busy it is. Being refused to get extra staff knowing the one person can on do so much. No appreciation and realistic on what practical . Staff are constantly leaving and now I know why. It's a bad place that doesn't treat staff well. All they care is the money they make !!!

Cons

30 mins breaks no matter how long you have worked

Good Work Place

• Provide outstanding customer service to all customers, whether a fuel, lubricant or convenience transaction. • Process sales in an accurate and timely manner. • Experienced Barista • Looking after the bakes Brumbies area. • Increase sales through promotions and up selling. • Process relevant paperwork accurately (settlements and shift totals) for reconciliation, and advise Site Manager of any concerns or discrepancies • Ensuring that stock is full replenished and rotated. • Answer the site telephone using the site approved telephone script • Undertake any other general duty associated with console and site operation, as directed, by the Site Manager

Horrible environment

Worked for this company for over a year. Constantly harassed and bullied by the managers and above. Constantly threatened. Nothing is ever good enough for this company. They are money savers and so dodgy! If you looking for a job that pays its staff for required overtime this is not OTR!!!! Absolute disgusting head office employees too ! Honestly wouldn’t bother applying to this dump of a business

Pros

Weekly pay cheque

Cons

Unstable roster, bullying, management, no breaks ever, unpaid overtime, constant abuse from head office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peregrine Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Peregrine Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?