Peregrine Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Peregrine Corporation Employee Review

Job is not worth the stress

26 August 2017
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Operations Manager is nothing but a bully. Work your butt off with no incentives. Culture boils down to, if you work hard you get hours but if you don't barely get any hours and they wonder why they can't hold onto Staff. The only enjoyable part of the job was the Customers. Health and Saftey on the Fuel side of the business is very bad, but appearance of the Shop is critical. In the near future someone will be killed at work and then they MIGHT fix it, if you are lucky. If you are going to run a Fuel Business take a leaf out of BP Australia's book because you guys have no idea. Fuel and food should never cross over...
Pros
Customers
Cons
Upper Management bullies
30 May 2020
Same roleSame location
Manager (Former Employee) - Adelaide SA
The culture at OTR is poor, There is a culture of "fear" and middle managers are not empowered to speak their minds. Site managers have no autonomy. There is often last minute instructions received which impacts on work life balance. Training in insufficient and the salary is pathetic. The hardest part of the role is trying to balance the requirement of the role with minimal staff. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
4 July 2019
Same role
Manager (Current Employee) - New South Wales
I was blackmailed into taking a $7/hr pay cut under the threat of being sacked because they "couldn't afford it", now I'm staring down the barrel of yet another Peregrine run shop opening in my town. I've been bullied by my area manager who says because they work fifty hours for $45k then I should too. I've been bullied by HR and lied to by payroll. HR are not there for the staff, they're there as a shield for upper management. If this company was boiled down to one phrase, they'd "take a lolipop from a child's mouth to steal a dollar". They are money grabbers and dodgy. If you want a job that pays its staff hours worked, look elsewhere! Head office staff have never worked in the shops below and sit in their ivory tower on golden thrones. Don't apply to work for this toxic business that belongs in a Communist country, not Australia.
Pros
Cons
Pay discrepancies, bullying and blackmail
12 August 2016
Same role
2IC Manager (Former Employee) - NSW
Worst company I've ever worked for, terrible pay, not enough hours but they are stretched over 6 days so never get a home life, good if you are one of their favourites otherwise don't even bother, people in head office don't care, hazards everywhere due to being over stocked even when you ask for less you get told too bad, high staff turn over, minimal to no training then get slammed for doing something the wrong way, no praise for going above & beyond, no communication you always hear stuff through a third party, & plenty more
Pros
Cons
Everything, over worked & under paid, minimal to no training, high staff turn kver