Performance Food Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Performance Food Group Employee Reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,294 reviews

Loud fast work place

Management will work you to your core even if your tired and need 10 for yourself. Management also is blind to the fact that the good workers are doing their job while half of the workers are free to do whatever leaving more wore for others. This is PFG back in 05/2021 I’m not sure but it may have changed.

Pros

Pay, benefits, diversity

Cons

Management, favoritism, overworked

It’s all about work ethic fellas finish strong!!!

I feel like as long as you show the will this company will show the way. These guys in this warehouse are family!!! They will present opportunities to people they hire that exhibit a certain work ethic that they desire. No doubt!!!

Pros

Awesome team of individuals

Cons

Those darn labels!!!

its a cool job if you need money fast

it can get tiring but if you need fast money for rent or other bills gets the job done the benefits are cool to but if they send you to the freezer come prepared it can get really bad in there

Not a good place to work

No room for growth if you're not kissing managers behind. Nothing is confidential, managers turn blind eye for certain employees. Performance outcome is rigged. There's no room for improving performance goals.

Work you to the brink of death than don’t compensate you for the efforts.

When you work for a company for 20 years and the people that start out at night brand new make more money than you it’s a complete slap and spit right in your face.

The work is hard however, if you put in the time and effort you will be rewarded.

I started working at PFG as an order selector, I had never worked in a warehouse before. After about 4-5 weeks I was making over $30/hr and loved and still do love the job. It is like a workout however, you have to take care of your body in your off time to sustain success and to not be in pain. The work is hard but if you put in time and effort it is very rewarding. Management helps a ton especially if you’re new and the overall leadership is great. The general manager/VP makes sure you know who he is, and he makes sure you know that he knows you.

Not so good

Cool coworkers. Long hours, not upfront about component pay, sign on bonus, etc. Good company overall As far as benefits, warehouse needs to be trained on how to build pallets and load trucks lots of unnecessary work.

Pros

Cookies

Cons

Everything else

Overworked, payed salary, poor routing

Payed for 10hrs, routed for 12+. Bounce around routes. Some customers are very rude. Equipment is ok. Only had one two-wheeler. Co-workers hoard pallet jacks and other equipment.

Its a job

ITS A JOB , 4 day work week, weekends off, usually 1 day off in between. Management could have more respect for their own people. Lost a bunch of good people due to a disrespectful member of management.

Pros

money

Cons

Manager

Pay is competitive with similar delivery jobs in the industry. People in good shape need only apply

Currently everyone working without a contract for few years. Other jobs in the same field without touching freight paying the same salary as we make. Now is not the time to decide to make a career in this terminal of Pfg

Pros

Pay

Cons

Unorganised trucks and routing of stops

fast paced, very demanding

No room for growth if you're not kissing managers behind. Rivalry between locals & Rio Grande Valley employees. Nothing is confidential, managers turn blind eye for certain employees. Performance outcome is rigged. There's no room for improving performance goals.

sweaty job

cool job good if u want to lose some weight. management is chill. only down side is you never know the exact time u are getting off. oh and if ur on dry side when they are low on bodies they will send u to cold side

Customers over Safety

I worked in trans as a Transportation Supervisor. I have over 10 years of experience in the transportation industry. I was salary exempt so I was familiar with extra hours to manage drivers, safety, & customer demands. There were multiple 14 to 16 hour days in a work week with little home time. I worked weekends when needed and took after hours call almost everyday. I averaged 55+ hours in 5 days & as much as 75 hours in a 5 day period. I was told I was not putting in enough hours. I was issued formal discipline for doctor excused sick time. Other transportation managers and supervisors would work a full 8 hour day in the office & with minimal to no rest they would drive/work 14 hour routes. This a violation of DOT Rules in regards to Hours of Service. When brought to the on site Safety Manager's attention it was not addressed. Overall concerns and suggestions were dismissed by management. I was pressured to compromise public safety & the safety of drivers to service the customer. Company documented policy's were enforced based on a helper/driver's willingness to do extra work. Upper level managent could be less than compassionate about a healthy work/life balance. The drivers & helpers were top notch. Pay was excellent and bonuses were good based on industry standards. Equipment and maintenance is very good. It is a good place for new drivers to gain experience. Long term employees were very loyal. However there was not a lot of opportunities to move up. Overall the process was chaotic and contradictory creating undo stess. I felt what I was told when I was hired and the actual -

Pros

Pay & Bonuses

Cons

Poor personal/work life balance. Compromise Safety to meet customer demand.

Horrible culture

No leadership from top down. Micromanagement of employees, more supervisors than employees, still put all workload on hourly employees. No work life balance.

Pros

You can cuss

Average to decent income

Poor management, top to bottom! Would not recommend to someone if they are looking for long term. The turnover rate is extremely high at PFG, and many reasons for it. Great place to gain experience if you are new to commercial driving (class A), PFG will hire a dead person as long as they will shoe up. If you are a felon, definitely apply. PFG welcomes all types of criminal backgrounds. Blend right in.

Pros

Ok-decent pay

Cons

Too many to list

One to stay away from !!

I worked at the Springfield, MA OPCO and will say that I have NEVER seen such a group of egotistical, manipulating bullies in my entire career. If you are not part of the senior leadership clique, you will not survive. The expectation is that you will do as ordered and not question the other side of the wall as they are all knowing. The reality is that the "leadership" (used loosely) is driven by one thing only...their yearly bonuses and they will go after it at the expense of every other employee in the building with absolutely no care. You will be EXPECTED to work whenever you are asked and if you do not agree, you are blackballed as a " problem employee". I have seen managers shown the door for the most "inventive" of reasons because they refused to be treated like a puppet. If you like being manipulated to do what they want you to, you should work here. If you like to be minimized to nothing more than an amount of money, they can throw at you to do whatever they ask, you will succeed here. If you like to have an HR team that you can't trust, this is the place for you. If you don't like to be trained, sign up quick. Associates here are minimized in their roles so the other side of the wall can keep them afraid for their jobs, this way, no one says anything. A TOXIC work environment in every aspect of the building. DONT TRUST ANYONE HERE...especially the employees on the other side of the wall,

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Rampit manipulation of processes and policies. Unreal expectations.

Pay does not match the amount of work and responsibility placed on its drivers

Too much physical work and too much responsibility for the average pay. Any other comapny is a better option for a CDL driver. PFG is delisional in this current time, drivers are in demand and there is no reason to work harder for thesame amount of pay.

Pros

Good Co-workers

Cons

Physical demand/Low Pay

Just horrible overall

They worked us to the ground non-stop. Less people just meant more work for us they would never be willing to do the load if we didn't have the people to do the work. So that means an 8 hour shift turned into a 15 and we did that for 5 to 6 days a week. The turnover rate was extremely high we couldn't keep anyone in because the work was just too much. Great money if you never want to see your family or ever have a life outside of work. When things got really bad if you missed a single day you would get three points on a 5-day system so that means if you missed 2 days you are automatically fired. One of the higher-ups was transferred for having relations with one of my co-workers and he was also giving her special treatment. This isn't the first time that's happened at this company.

Work is optional

Overall the job is decent. The pay is good if you want to burn yourself out of energy. You have no set leave time and people constantly call in with no punishment making the job more difficult and longer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unsure hours, unreliable staff

I worked there for many years and in several positions. Great company to work for.

It was great. I had many opportunities for advancement and enjoyed working there. The only reason I left was to start my own company. I highly recommend working there.

If you like to work and earn money you are in the right place but you work hard

very good company to work good balance life and work good salary benefits if they control you with cameras but the supervisors are always available in the same way you have access to the managers communication is very good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Performance Food Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Performance Food Group