Perpetual

15: Perpetual Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Great work life balance, but terrible salary for Client Service

Pros: -Work life balance is the only thing this place has when I was there -People are friendly -Decent social aspect e.g. Friday night drinks and social activities -Annual CPI salary adjustment -If you have burnt out and want a place to recover or just want a chill 9-5 jobCons: -Sinking ship -High Leadership and senior management turn over -Underperforming funds -Lack of innovation -No career advancement side ways or up -Below average salary, lack of pay raises and poor bonuses -Living in the past good old days when the shares were almost $100

Culture australienne

Très bonne entreprise, avec des valeurs et un côté ´Aussie ´ très sympa ! Travail intéressant, bonne équipe.

Pros

En plein centre de Sydney

Great Staff and culture

not much room to progress even though its encouraged. good staff culture work flexibility if needed lack of resources in some areas but more effort expected

Pros

staff culture

Cons

lack of development opportunities

A good corporate culture with balance between hard work & employee treatment

As the first appointed Group Taxation Manager, I had to fit into a very old corporate culture dealing mainly with deceased estate work and a wealthy client base to whom we provided personal wealth management & a high level of personal services. Having navigated my way through that the group moved into the next level of investment funds management. The work place environment was great with good interpersonal & inter departmental collegiate approach to problem solving and client first attitudes.

Pros

Flexible work arrangments

Cons

Long hours, a great burden of highly technical work for which I had little support.

You can't get a better group of people working together

This was my longest serving role. I moved around in this company; within the same sector but different roles were offered. My last year would have probably been my most challenging and rewarding. I was flown to India for 6 weeks to train and to train our offshore buyers how to use and maintain the registry system. The main challenge was to re-condition the employees thinking behaviour to suit the role they were going to be employed for and to understand the importance of the work they were doing. I have not only made lifelong friends from Hyderabad, but I have also learned how to be patient and understand when training people who have never used an application such as the registry system they are now fluently using. l learned that the only way to find the answers you need is to be self sufficient and to know the right people in the industry. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people. We would always have a great laugh during and after hours and I believe that is the key to happiness in any role - enjoying coming to work with the same people. I consider many of the members as part of my family. The downside was my role became redundant and I had to start fresh and did not know what direction I was going.

Pros

Work life balance, great people

Cons

Became redundant

Perpetual was a lovely place to work for- worked there for almost 11 and a half years. I learnt a lot there- a different work place to the Bank

It was always lovely going to work everyday. It was a friendly atmosphere and management was a good and always understanding. The best part of my job was learning different databases and different tasks. Hardest part was the train journey.

Pros

Drinks once a month- morning teas- birthday party celebrations

Cons

long hours- and travel to work which took 1 hour

Productive and had many opportunities to learn many different roles

Great team to work with and built many strong working relationships in my numerous years working for them. Good company to work for and enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Unfortunate takeover of Trust company by perpetual meant our whole operations dept was disolved

unfriendly and cut throat

Perpetual is an unfriendly and unsupportive place to work. Management are not supporting and the environment is cut throat. Its a shame but this is the reason that many staff leave.

Pros

hun

Cons

hard core

Some opportunities

Great exec ldrship but not great midle managment. Big gaps in culture from one department to another department. Constant turnover and changes in direction.

Work experience

Just a couple days work experience when i was in school. Not to much to say. All i did was observe what the IT department did.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Perpetual?

Productive and fund place to work

Perpetual was an excellent company to work for. It has an amazing work culture and I consider it to be a market leader in the Funds Management Industry

Good place to work with lots of good people around

Process payments within cut off and settled all transaction in house system. Open/ maintenance of accounts to clients/ open new deposit and monitor them. Do AML, CTF when I process payments to high risk countries. Meet tight frame and process all payments. Always co extra length to help clients/ colleagues .

Pros

Free Friday drinks

Cons

Meeting tight deadline

just relax at lunch hours

The day schedule is very hectic. The management very co-operative

Pros

good experience

Great people place to work with

Been with the company for over 8 years but my role was made redundant along with several other people. Enjoyed my time with Perpetual but due to restructure I was not able to remain with them. Everyday was something new and challenging, there was the normal routine reporting and tasks with majority of day investigating new issues raised by the business.

Securitization Role

Wonderful working in Australia with employees and learning a new line of the financial services industry as well as completing a course in Securitization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perpetual. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Perpetual with

Learn about Perpetual in popular locations

• Perpetual