Perpetual Employee Reviews

A good corporate culture with balance between hard work & employee treatment
Reports to MD & Board of Directors (Former Employee) –  Sydney11 March 2018
As the first appointed Group Taxation Manager, I had to fit into a very old corporate culture dealing mainly with deceased estate work and a wealthy client base to whom we provided personal wealth management & a high level of personal services. Having navigated my way through that the group moved into the next level of investment funds management. The work place environment was great with good interpersonal & inter departmental collegiate approach to problem solving and client first attitudes.
Pros
Flexible work arrangments
Cons
Long hours, a great burden of highly technical work for which I had little support.
You can't get a better group of people working together
Superannuation Administrator (Senior) (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW13 February 2018
This was my longest serving role. I moved around in this company; within the same sector but different roles were offered.

My last year would have probably been my most challenging and rewarding.

I was flown to India for 6 weeks to train and to train our offshore buyers how to use and maintain the registry system. The main challenge was to re-condition the employees thinking behaviour to suit the role they were going to be employed for and to understand the importance of the work they were doing.

I have not only made lifelong friends from Hyderabad, but I have also learned how to be patient and understand when training people who have never used an application such as the registry system they are now fluently using.

l learned that the only way to find the answers you need is to be self sufficient and to know the right people in the industry.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the people. We would always have a great laugh during and after hours and I believe that is the key to happiness in any role - enjoying coming to work with the same people. I consider many of the members as part of my family.

The downside was my role became redundant and I had to start fresh and did not know what direction I was going.
Pros
Work life balance, great people
Cons
Became redundant
Perpetual was a lovely place to work for- worked there for almost 11 and a half years. I learnt a lot there- a different work place to the Bank
Document Custodian/Administrator (Former Employee) –  34/360 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC25 January 2018
It was always lovely going to work everyday. It was a friendly atmosphere and management was a good and always understanding. The best part of my job was learning different databases and different tasks. Hardest part was the train journey.
Pros
Drinks once a month- morning teas- birthday party celebrations
Cons
long hours- and travel to work which took 1 hour
Productive and had many opportunities to learn many different roles
Chess Broker Participant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC26 June 2017
Great team to work with and built many strong working relationships in my numerous years working for them.

Good company to work for and enjoyed my time there.
Cons
Unfortunate takeover of Trust company by perpetual meant our whole operations dept was disolved
unfriendly and cut throat
Test Lead - contract (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 June 2017
Perpetual is an unfriendly and unsupportive place to work.
Management are not supporting and the environment is cut throat.
Its a shame but this is the reason that many staff leave.
Pros
hun
Cons
hard core
Some opportunities
Ops (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 April 2017
Great exec ldrship but not great midle managment. Big gaps in culture from one department to another department. Constant turnover and changes in direction.
Work experience
It (Former Employee) –  Sydney30 April 2016
Just a couple days work experience when i was in school. Not to much to say. All i did was observe what the IT department did.
Productive and fund place to work
Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 January 2016
Perpetual was an excellent company to work for. It has an amazing work culture and I consider it to be a market leader in the Funds Management Industry
Good place to work with lots of good people around
Payments/ Settlements (Former Employee) –  Sydney16 July 2015
Process payments within cut off and settled all transaction in house system. Open/ maintenance of accounts to clients/ open new deposit and monitor them. Do AML, CTF when I process payments to high risk countries. Meet tight frame and process all payments. Always co extra length to help clients/ colleagues .
Pros
Free Friday drinks
Cons
Meeting tight deadline
just relax at lunch hours
Mortgage Documents Settlements officer (Former Employee) –  wynyard Pitt Street8 July 2014
The day schedule is very hectic.
The management very co-operative
Pros
good experience
Great people place to work with
Senior Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia6 November 2013
Been with the company for over 8 years but my role was made redundant along with several other people. Enjoyed my time with Perpetual but due to restructure I was not able to remain with them.
Everyday was something new and challenging, there was the normal routine reporting and tasks with majority of day investigating new issues raised by the business.
Securitization Role
Account Executive (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, N.S.W., Australia18 July 2013
Wonderful working in Australia with employees and learning a new line of the financial services industry as well as completing a course in Securitization.