Pet Circle
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Pet Circle Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

fast paced, stressful, flexible hours, hr is useless

Progressively getting worse as the growth can't meet the needs of the workers. Hiring too many new people without looking at promoting other people with experience.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Work is getting harder without compensation, no motivation to move to full time, staff rotation is high, management and owners are out of touch, team leaders and staff are over worked

Terrible culture and company

Honest review here. Had high hopes for the company but was a major let down. People come and go very fast. The reason is clear once you get a feel for the company. Company culture is very toxic and lots of fake people. Very few genuine people but they leave as soon as they can. Onboarding is terrible, mindset is to get in and work. Head down and find a new company is my recommendation if you ever get caught there.

Pros

Pets

Cons

Bad culture, not a great leadership team, top down management

Terrible culture and company

Pros

Pets

Cons

Bad culture, not a great leadership team, top down management

Recent changes in leadership are bringing in a new and improved work culture

I'd heard that there was some issues previously but in the last 9 months have brought in some great hires and leadership, company processes and policies that are giving this place a lift. Ambition and enthusiasm are often met with encouragement and support, particularly in the tech and product teams which I am a part of. They have some big ambitious goals and have a long way to go, but are pushing to be better and it's starting to pay off.

Pros

Philanthropy, Becoming more customer focused

Cons

Fast pace, Growing pains scaling from medium to large business

not fair

- not all team leaders are fair - team Leaders are choosy - working environment is good - hardly get chances to rotate and learn about other [processes in the warehouse -

vfsdv dsfasdfgdgafgsdfasv

It was ok. Management was poor, stressful, stressful, stressful. Not the best work tbh. Could be better. Just writing this to get indeed off me so annoying honestly

Terrible! Do not recommend

Beware.. they are very heavy on the micromanagement!! don't care about their customers.. only care about receiving orders and money... after that it's goodluck to you.

Pros

Cons

So many

Nice place to work

Good management Nice workplace with good culture Very easy job You can learn a lot from there Nice place to work Working like a family Cooperation from management to fellow workmates

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Long hours with flexible breaks

Terrible

Working here is probably not the best option unless you like passive aggressive managers that greet you with anger in the morning. This place is run by people who don’t care about the staff. The break times are good but the management is poor. Staff are on their phones on their phones on the floor and even on phone calls but get a free pass but favoritism. The staff love to stare and eye you out. Smokers are treated badly. The managers are the worst thing and make working here dreadful. Hopefully they fire the current ones and replace them with people who know how to do their job

Pros

Break times

Cons

Weird hours

Wouldn't recommend

Despite promoting teamwork and making it seem like a great place to work, the reality is very different! Working here made me depressed because it was such a toxic work environment and the employees were really uncooperative and difficult to work with. There was no team spirit and no support. Employees were very passive aggressive and rude, and leaving this place was the best decision I ever made. I regret not leaving sooner!!

Pros

Central city location

Cons

Long hours, rude employees, bullying, no support and training

Pet circle was a good environment, A good place to build working skills :)

Pet circle is a pick/packing job. i was at the desks scanning items and taping the boxes closes with items inside ready to send of to customers. Other times i would be picking which would involve me standing on a pallet jack & driving to each ile to collect items to give to the packers to send off!.

My time at PetCircle

Some highlights with my time at PetCircle. Note that this is coming from the tech team perspective. * Highly capable team that has great communication. If you're stumped then raise your hand. Nobody expects you to have all the answers * A typical day is hard to nail down since there is a lot of variety. Some days are spent at the warehouse to spend some time with customer service and other days its crisis control and trying to figure out what went wrong. * The hardest part of the job is probably the pace paired with the scope of tasks. New employees have come onboard and been handed highly visible pieces of work and thrown into the deep end. * Culture wise it's about the customer first at every stage of what we do. It's relentless and while we celebrate milestones there's always eyes being leveled at the next horizon.

Pros

Propensity towards forgiveness, fast pace

Cons

Scaling issues and dealing with bigger teams

Fun & results-driven culture where you're empowered to make decisions!

There isn't a lot of structure. That means there is less oversight than at other places - I find it awesome because I feel they trust my work & because I can get as much creative & funky as I like - as long as I bring results! Communication is based on respect, honesty & directness. The workplace culture is collaborative - in other words, if someone fails we all fail, if someone wins we all win!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Circle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9