Petrofac Employee Reviews

Work culture & freedom of job perform is very good
Senior Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yoloten3 July 2019
Organisation & work culture it's a multinational employee so to perform well versed & good environment.very well maintained Health safety without LTI - Maintain excellent HSE Policy.
Good place of work
PDMS Piping Modeller (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu3 July 2019
Petrofac is a British multinational company and good place of work.
and I also enjoyed my work there. but that was my contractual position. that's why I leave petrofac
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No long hours
Agressive work culture and committed to provide value proposition to clients
Piping Material Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana / Sharjah,UAE1 July 2019
Well i spent most of my time working at Sharjah, UAE so typical working hours were longer but it was fun working at head office as i was given the responsibility of managing vendors ,taking crucial decisions ,and meeting deadlines on times especially for a fast track project.
Good Company for Permanent Employees
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra28 June 2019
I was on third party payroll, hence cannot enjoy on Job Security/Advancement and Salary Benefits.Job Work/Life was balanced. As far as my connection with the management was good.
Great company to work with so respectfull. Amazing services with there employees
SITE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dubai24 June 2019
Learned alot of taking responsibility. How to deal with employees. How to negotiate with third party. Great opportunity to grow in the company. Amazing rotation. Vocation days .
Procurement Coordinator - Head of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sharjah18 June 2019
High work pressure, need to be focused and alert. All procurement related work needs to be 100% accurate and had to be submitted on time without delay.
Productive and competetive
HSSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Abudhabi UAE15 June 2019
Daily conducting toolbox talk at site prior to start any activity, daily learning of other nationalities culture, high management appreciated what HSE department has done to the project. Hardest part of the job is the climate mostly during summer from June to September. Our rotation leave is the enjoyable part of the job.
Good placement of platform
Senior Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City4 June 2019
• My duties as a Core crew member of the Maintenance team on the Douglas asset in the Irish sea is to perform preventive and restorative maintenance tasks safely and effectively on all mechanical equipment associated with the Oil & Gas production platform. My principal responsibilities and accountabilities are the safe and efficient operation of static and rotating mechanical equipment and associated systems.
• My work scopes involve safeguarding the reliability, availability and “fit for purpose” operational condition of static and rotating mechanical equipment to meet the operational availability targets of the asset, Understand and comply with the installation Safety Management System, Safety Case and relevant statutory requirements and comply with the Company’s Permit to Work system and safe working practices.
Pros
10 Minute helicopter flight
Cons
Platform procedures
Overall good experience
PROPOSALS & PROJECT EXECUTION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Sharjah28 May 2019
A very goof company to start your career at. However, the career development is minimal because of lack of vision the company has for its employees on the long run.
I was an Intern there
Instrumentation and Control Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  sharjah25 May 2019
good company with a terrible work environment. Worked there for a year as an Instrumentation and control engineer. It is the place to go if you want to learn about the job but want nothing to do with a good work environment
Pleasant company to work for.
metering Technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City22 May 2019
Pleasant company to work for, who support and encourage a healthy working ethos.

The people are easy to communicate with and assist you in every step of your working career. If they are not able to assist then they give assistance to finding the correct person to assist you.
Supportive managers and cooperative subordinates.
Warehouse Supervisor/Senior Material Controller (Former Employee) –  UAE21 May 2019
Provided leadership and technical guidance to subordinates by prioritizing and assigning tasks, establishing procedures, providing instructions, and advising personnel on how to perform various tasks.
Evaluated and reviewed jobs upon completion of assigned tasks to ensure the team members continually meet goals.
Pros
Free food and hotel room.
Cons
Average Rest & Recreation.
Long work hours
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Sharjah19 May 2019
The employees are overloaded with work. Usually working on multiple projects and proposals.
Indian based culture in EPC.
Promotion process is very slow.
Good work exposure inn GCC
Pros
Good company name
Cons
Long hours to meet the deadlines
Stage
Stagiaire : Aide technicien de maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tunis19 May 2019
En tant que technicienne , j'ai appris beaucoup de choses pendant mon stage d'été
Professional, Productive
QC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oman, Kuwait14 May 2019
International work culture, Work 10 hours a day 13 days of work for every 2 weeks - Industrious - hard work.
Management listens to each one of us at any level.
hardest part is vacation.
In house entertainment and awards.
Pros
Good Food, Entertinement
Cons
Remote Places
Fun workplace with friendly staffs
Internship Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 May 2019
I learned many things in this company. For example, I have been disclosed with the final step in reconciling bank statement and invoice processing. I also have been trusted to use Oracle software and contacting their vendors.
Pros
Food, Flexible working hour
Cons
Workload
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi24 April 2019
Good working atmosphere
Dad to day work was more important.
Experience and Knowledge helped me to assist commercial + technical team estimating Shell Nigeria Project.
Cooperation among team members was excellent,
Employed as A mechanical technician
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Various locations20 April 2019
Never worked in the Petrofac office as my role was working offshore as a Mechanical technician when and where required. My role was assigned to the Mechanical department reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor. My duties were covering all breakdowns and planned maintenance schedules and assist with the running of various utility systems. We worked as a multi-skilled shift team, assisting other departments when required.
Excellent workplace & great experiences
Engineer Quality (Former Employee) –  Sharjah14 April 2019
Working in Petrofac was great experience and felt fortunate to have such diversified exposure in Mechanical field. These four & a half years gives me a broader & bigger perspective.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  INDIA13 April 2019
It is my desire to have a long lasting and fruitful relationship with professionally managed firm which will widen my horizon as a professional, enrich my learning, experience and provide me with an environment which will tap my talents and ability to their full potential in order to have a bright future and outstanding career. Willing to work in Personnel & Administration/HR departments in a challenging and creative environment