PFD Food Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PFD Food Services Employee Reviews

workplace culture Management Typical day working 14 hour's a day Dealing with customers Loads of truck No balance of work and home Early start times
Pros
No pros
Cons
The place is a total mess. The managers have totaly destroyed the work force by making them work a 10 hour shift just to save on overtime.They preach family values and safety but it is just to tick the boxes in reality they don't care just get the job done or I will replace you.Managers will threaten dissmissal to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
Managers are bullies and long hours.Don't expect to get paid your worth.
Long hours....If you don't end up working thru your lunch break and know your way around which i do and did... you will not keep your job and you don't keep up and do less than two drops an hour...you won't be there long the last week i was there i did 3 to 4 an hour which requires good fitness they still terminated my employment the decision was made a week earlier...this is so wrong and almost criminal...I am glad to be out of there...
Pros
The money if you can handle the pace
Cons
Being told to work faster...some customers take to sign the invoice and write out there cheque
something has to change, people just won't stay otherwise you treat people like garbage then dont expect anything other than the same in return. I'm glad I left.
Cons
a typical day at work would be everyone on the conveyor line making sandwiches as the bread comes down the line, once the products have been placed on the sandwiches we then line them up stacked up in a set of 2 to go through the cutter and be placed in a wedge to then be sealed and labelled.
Working for this company was great got to meet some amazing people and deal with some amazing customers. I did about 6 years with this company in two different locations.
I worked at the Bathurst branch for 12 months maternity leave cover had a great time learnt new things & meet some really awesome people Excellent company to work for,
Enjoyed my time working for PFD, Very physical and demanding job and plenty of overtime. Management and co workers are very easy to get along with as long as you do your job correctly.
its fun and easy to work very productive . i learned how to deal to work mates everyday .i love there bcoz lots of asian worker like me. we have a great and nice boss .
They have a new set of management aren't very supportive and it's become very business based rather than customer service, but the people you work with are amazing and i have life long friends
Easy work, just not much discipline. Mediocrity comes to mind when talking day to day operations. Management is more reactive than proactive. The potential to be a great operation, if they took it more seriously.
very high staff turn over rate, poor management, expect to work long hours and be blamed for taking too long even when working through all lunch breaks.
Pros
Cons
long hours and treated like trash
Management have no back bone and do not remember what lies they tell one day to the next. There are some good workers in Rockhampton depo however they will be worked to the bone while the slack one's just keep hiding in the corner.
Not a good place to work People are very selfish and waiting to tell on each other Make to new employees uncomfortable and let them down in every position
It's quite fast paced, physical at times when you are out in the Dock loading. They keep track of your pick rate which you have to stay above 110%. There is no room for bludging.
I was only a temp at PFD but it is a beyond amazing place of work! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It's great workplace culture. Management were amazing!
Skeleton staff, work til u drop. Manager has the personality of a mouldy potato. My mental health deteriorated working there, glad to be out. Good things no weekend work. Had fellow employees steal from me, customers and the workplace itself. The job would be great if they removed the bad seeds from the workplace.
Pros
Start times, customers can be good
Cons
Workload, fellow employees
I worked there for 23 years I and I wish I was back there.it was a great place to work as it was like a family and to wake up to go to work was a joy.
Pros
sample days were good
Cons
I loved my job,but I had to leave because I was being bullied by a manager and mangement allowed that sort of behaviour to go on the girls i worked with were wonderful, the pay was good and i enjoyed the hours and i enjoyed interacting with the customers
Pros
pay was good
Cons
bullying
There are various fresh and yummy sandwiches. I have a good experience with safety foods control and working low temperature place. It need to control hygiene and using utensils right way of right sandwich es. Cleaning and sanitizer very well. It's need to pass the metal detector.
PFD is a great team environment. There is many opportunities to learn new task but nor much opportunity for advancement. Being an Australian based company there is also opportunity for transferring if required.
Cons
little opportunity for advancement