PFD Food Services Employee Reviews

Allows a bullying culture to thrive, management doesn't adhere to signed agreements
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  South Gippsland VIC27 February 2019
I found this company to allow discrimination and bullying to happen and management does nothing to stop it, they also allow an unsafe work place, expecting employees to use broken equipment and poor manual handling practices. Management couldn't care about staff and you are expected to work extended shifts and try to under pay it's staff
Pros
Cons
Unsafe, long shifts, breaking agreements
Good place to work but no work life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW29 November 2018
A good place to work if you want to make money, lots of hours required. People are friendly enough but lots of corporate backstabbing. The site was dirty but that is to be expected with low staff and lots of stock.
Fair but tough
Storeman/Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS22 October 2018
Working for PFD food services for a long period allowed me to progress to a certain extent along a career path. The hours could be long and the work very physical and challenging enough to keep you on your toes.
The wage was very good and the perks were all up to industry standards.
The work was hard but it was also a fair workplace where everyone, for the most part , helped everyone and we would push to complete our tasks in the allotted time.
Pros
award wages for industry were good
Cons
physically demanding
HR truck driver role
HR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW21 October 2018
I was the first female trucki driver to be hired at pfd. I started training at Penrith warehouse for 1 week and moved over to Chullora. 10pm at night, had a text message from METRO ON HIRE! And was told it was canceled. I waited 2 days and finally got a call to go into the warehouse at Chullora. I had my induction and then was told to go take the utes to go them serviced. ( I haven’t yet worked or gotten to know how things are run at pfd) the next day, I had to find were the invoices are. Load my truck without the knowledge of anyone helping me. Then by the end of my shift I was told by the transport manager I would get a call for when my next shift will be available. 1 week later I was offered a position in the warehouse working night shift (not something I have applied for) Pfd have advertised on there job listing that they equal employment.. if you are a women truck driver and you wish to apply for this role. I would highly suggest looking for a more professional role, Were equal employment is achknowledge
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Bad management, unorganised
fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW29 January 2018
it was kick back working here. everyone was friendly and always willing help when you needed it, i was always happy when i worked here, the only bad thing about working here was the heat
Management. . What management?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT2 January 2018
Too many chiefs. Management employee personal friends who manipulate their position for their own benefit. Very high staff turnover, dissatisfaction.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Bullying, low pay
It ok to wotk
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Marrickville NSW4 November 2017
It ok to work, need higher pay rate, to keep the staff to stay to work for company, to work independent, enjoy to work at this company for few months,
Management tried to make it fun, just lacked flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lismore NSW23 July 2017
Each depot would vary depending on management, Lismore tried to be employee friendly but lacked flexibility, regarding working hours.
Enjoyable internal social activities.
Pros
Good pier interaction
Cons
Only employed full time
over worked and under paid
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT10 June 2017
Over worked and under paid. far too many mistakes made within site which results in a bad reputation for the company. a series lack of communication from management.
Pros
Don't apply look for better I'd rather b a slave lol
Driver and worker was (Former Employee) –  Nsw Coffs harbour1 February 2017
One of the worst company's I've eva worked at no wonder unemployment is always high the treat people like dirt PDF do I lasted 4 months and from what I heard lots blokes just wanna punch out the manger and some of the sales reps my advice don't apply for the jobs they r always advatiseing to
Good team workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Darwin29 November 2016
driver
• HR Driver's license
• Loading and off-loading goods
• Ability to work in new places
• Secure load safely
• Ability to communicate
Drove all types of trucks from auto to rode ranger.
Always busy as most trucks are loaded by drivers and hand unloaded at multiple drops.
Ridiculous work practices
Delivery Driver/Storeman (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW24 November 2016
Pick n pack orders for all trucks in the morning so you dont have a clue whats in your own truck then you are scrambling / scratching your head to find each customers orders all day long because the items are picked in bulk per item rather than picking each customers order in lots
Then to top it off all off not one truck leaves until all orders are picked in the morning then about 10 or so trucks have to load form 2 loading docks, absolutely ridiculous setup??? unbelievable!
Other PFD branches might run a more organised & somewhat sane setup but anyone could see this is just not the best way to run things efficiently
Not a bad team to work with but a terribly disorganised workplace
Pros
Lots of hours of work available!
Cons
Unnessesary long hours
Room for improvements internally
Inventory Management & Procurement (Former Employee) –  AU27 October 2016
I really enjoyed my time at PFD Newcastle. I gained great experience and was able to progress into other roles. I made great friendships and mainted healthy relationships with management and third parties.
Pros
Able to progress into managent roles
Cons
Some outdated company policies
No overtime or communication.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sandgate NSW19 October 2016
New management has recently started and the overtime potential has all but disappeared. There doesn't seem to be much communication from management down to staff.
Good Experience
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 March 2016
Learnt to be patient with employers and employees. I have been told many times that i am a quick learner so when I come across people who do not take their position or role seriously I find it hard to cope with. However I ended up being placed on the Labelling machine at the end of production because of my speed and accurracy which is what I was told.
Pros
The hours were great being only 6 hours per day.
Cons
Management being changed often because of the inability to treat employees with respect.
Great environment
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Canberra10 September 2015
I was first employed at PDF Food Services as a Night Shift Supervisor, it was my duty to lead my team to correctly pick, pack and load out trucks. One of my primary duties as a Night Shift Supervisor was to ensure overtime as a team was reduced and managed to reduce this by an overall of 25 hours a week. I was then promoted as an Administration Manager, where I was required to lead a team, ensuring the smooth running of the business. As the Administration Manager at PFD Food Services, I was given many deadlines and targets which I continually met. Training was also a high priority for me in this role.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication
good working hour
Store person (Former Employee) –  mount isa2 February 2015
my job here is basically picking order and prepare it prior to delivery,
doing some house keeping and rotating products to make sure its still in the use thru dates, helping my supervisor and branch manager to do stock take.
fun and great workplace to work at
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Miles, QLD29 January 2015
A typical day at the office would be to process daily customer orders, go into the freezer and chiller to pick products for later distribution.

What I learnt was driving a forklift, picking and packing frozen and chilled products, delivering products to relevant customers.

Management was excellent and always supportive of my work efforts, and always assisted me at times when needed.

Co-workers were great fun to work alongside, and were also supportive too.

Hardest part of the job was the physical demanding picking and packing and delivering of products to customers.

Most enjoyable parts of the job were the physical aspects, working with positive minded co-workers, enjoyable work/life balance.
Pros
good working conditions, good protective clothing provided
Cons
working environment was a frezzer at -27 degrees
productive place for career growth
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broome, WA5 January 2015
Its busy and fun kind of job to distribute food. Company give great pay rates.
Pros
Awarded pay rates
Independent food service company
Transport and Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lytton, QLD11 November 2014
Loved the transport department, learned a lot from those guys,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFD Food Services. Our community is ready to answer.