PFD Food Services Employee Reviews

Management. . What management?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT2 January 2018
Too many chiefs. Management employee personal friends who manipulate their position for their own benefit. Very high staff turnover, dissatisfaction.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Bullying, low pay
Management tried to make it fun, just lacked flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lismore NSW23 July 2017
Each depot would vary depending on management, Lismore tried to be employee friendly but lacked flexibility, regarding working hours.
Enjoyable internal social activities.
Pros
Good pier interaction
Cons
Only employed full time
Don't apply look for better I'd rather b a slave lol
Driver and worker was (Former Employee) –  Nsw Coffs harbour1 February 2017
One of the worst company's I've eva worked at no wonder unemployment is always high the treat people like dirt PDF do I lasted 4 months and from what I heard lots blokes just wanna punch out the manger and some of the sales reps my advice don't apply for the jobs they r always advatiseing to
Good team workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Darwin29 November 2016
driver
• HR Driver's license
• Loading and off-loading goods
• Ability to work in new places
• Secure load safely
• Ability to communicate
Drove all types of trucks from auto to rode ranger.
Always busy as most trucks are loaded by drivers and hand unloaded at multiple drops.
Ridiculous work practices
Delivery Driver/Storeman (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW24 November 2016
Pick n pack orders for all trucks in the morning so you dont have a clue whats in your own truck then you are scrambling / scratching your head to find each customers orders all day long because the items are picked in bulk per item rather than picking each customers order in lots
Then to top it off all off not one truck leaves until all orders are picked in the morning then about 10 or so trucks have to load form 2 loading docks, absolutely ridiculous setup??? unbelievable!
Other PFD branches might run a more organised & somewhat sane setup but anyone could see this is just not the best way to run things efficiently
Not a bad team to work with but a terribly disorganised workplace
Pros
Lots of hours of work available!
Cons
Unnessesary long hours
Room for improvements internally
Inventory Management & Procurement (Former Employee) –  AU27 October 2016
I really enjoyed my time at PFD Newcastle. I gained great experience and was able to progress into other roles. I made great friendships and mainted healthy relationships with management and third parties.
Pros
Able to progress into managent roles
Cons
Some outdated company policies
No overtime or communication.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sandgate NSW19 October 2016
New management has recently started and the overtime potential has all but disappeared. There doesn't seem to be much communication from management down to staff.
Good Experience
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 March 2016
Learnt to be patient with employers and employees. I have been told many times that i am a quick learner so when I come across people who do not take their position or role seriously I find it hard to cope with. However I ended up being placed on the Labelling machine at the end of production because of my speed and accurracy which is what I was told.
Pros
The hours were great being only 6 hours per day.
Cons
Management being changed often because of the inability to treat employees with respect.
Great environment
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Canberra10 September 2015
I was first employed at PDF Food Services as a Night Shift Supervisor, it was my duty to lead my team to correctly pick, pack and load out trucks. One of my primary duties as a Night Shift Supervisor was to ensure overtime as a team was reduced and managed to reduce this by an overall of 25 hours a week. I was then promoted as an Administration Manager, where I was required to lead a team, ensuring the smooth running of the business. As the Administration Manager at PFD Food Services, I was given many deadlines and targets which I continually met. Training was also a high priority for me in this role.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication
good working hour
Store person (Former Employee) –  mount isa2 February 2015
my job here is basically picking order and prepare it prior to delivery,
doing some house keeping and rotating products to make sure its still in the use thru dates, helping my supervisor and branch manager to do stock take.
fun and great workplace to work at
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Miles, QLD29 January 2015
A typical day at the office would be to process daily customer orders, go into the freezer and chiller to pick products for later distribution.

What I learnt was driving a forklift, picking and packing frozen and chilled products, delivering products to relevant customers.

Management was excellent and always supportive of my work efforts, and always assisted me at times when needed.

Co-workers were great fun to work alongside, and were also supportive too.

Hardest part of the job was the physical demanding picking and packing and delivering of products to customers.

Most enjoyable parts of the job were the physical aspects, working with positive minded co-workers, enjoyable work/life balance.
Pros
good working conditions, good protective clothing provided
Cons
working environment was a frezzer at -27 degrees
Independent food service company
Transport and Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lytton, QLD11 November 2014
Loved the transport department, learned a lot from those guys,
was good place until new management changed it.
Head store man (Former Employee) –  lutana tasmania8 May 2014
it was a good place to work until 18 months ago. It started becoming apparent if your older than the managers and served with the company longer than they have you are not wanted there so I've seen them set people up,just to sack them for their friends to be employed, I was keeping a book on staff turnover there and now I don't have a job as I breeched company policy,
Hard work but enjoyable
Loader / Picker / Checker / Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Torrensville, SA15 February 2014
A typical night would be picking orders for country deliveries followed by picking and loading local deliveries. I found new skills like working in the office and product control.My fellow co-workers were a great bunch of guys,but the only problem was that we had a steady flow of people coming and going.The hardest part of the job was it can a bit hectic especially when the drivers arrive and we were still loading their trucks as they had customers who needed their goods at a certain time.The most enjoyable part was the people and it was a fast paced job so it made the night go quicker.
Pros
Free breakfast, Able to buy products at cost price
Cons
Long hours, At times very cold in freezer
End of year bonuses
driver/storeman (Former Employee) –  Kunda Park, QLD16 December 2013
All jobs were great places to work at ,unfortunately one job was erased[closed down] and the other fell through.
Pros
xmas bonuses, food hampers
great
warehouse storemen (Former Employee) –  Korumburra, VIC12 December 2013
great team envirnment and grwat team members. friendly staff.
Pros
driving around area
Cons
some long hours
it is ok but not my ideal job
storeman (Current Employee) –  knoxfeild29 July 2013
it is ok it has two stars
i dont like working there as it is not out doors.
keeping busy
truck driver and storman (Current Employee) –  port augusta18 June 2012
unload trucks from adelaide wed friday packaway in frezer and chiller and dry goods then pick and pack loades to go out on runs
Pros
home every night
Cons
no over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFD Food Services. Our community is ready to answer.