Philip Morris International
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Philip Morris International Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Everything is possible nothing ever rulled out just go for it achieve anything, great if you are a person driven by your success and others achieving their goals
Pros
great team orientation
Cons
Can be long hours but you get out what you put in +++++
Excellent organisation to work for if you can get over the moral dilemma of working for a tobacco company. Unlimited opportunities, promotes diversity
Driven by computer and often unacheivable KPI's rather than building good customer rapport . Which is a shame as there are a lot of great people working for Uncle Phil.
Positives:
- overall a good business to work for

- salary and benefits are great

- business tried to embed a strong and positive culture'

Negatives:

- despite a strong vision, the business is stuck in between restrictive legislation and more bold and aggressive competitors

- many layers means difficult to be able to make quick decisions

- very conservative
always challenging in a very controlled market.
good work life balance

exceptional award benefits including health benefits.

A great place to work and build a career
A fantastic company to work for with an emphasis on work life balance. Setting my own hours to start between 7am - 3.30pm somedays and 8.30am - 5pm others.
PMI focussed heavily on business to business dealing with an emphasis on maximising potential income and profit for both parties. Budget forecasting and management, along with precise timing and execution of objectives. Negotiating with existing and new clients was a daily strategy.

Culture was of a high standard with staff incentives and rewards on a quarterly basis.

Data reconcilliation and sorting was sometimes challenging but the tools provided were complimentary of the task.

Job satisfaction was high due to the obstacles in growing a challenging and very restricted product.
Pros
Salary Package
Cons
The growing backlash of working for big tobacco
PML is a company that invested in their people. They also have fantastic systems and training so you can reach your full potential.
The market is high paced and every demanding which can challenge individuals. I experienced excellent values and completely compliant behaviours and will defend their approach from my view point. This is from an employee who has left the business.
The company exists in a dynamic and fast-paced industry (Tobacco) where employees are required to display agility, creativity and the ability to execute both top down and bottom up objectives. Excellent training is provided and there are plenty of opportunities for personal career advancement.
no comment about this job as its safer for me not to write anything
..................................
Pros
perks
Cons
poor management
Incredible people who are engaged in their work, but also can approach the employee and talk as with a best friend.
These are people who know perfectly the factory's goals and because of that, the factory grows year by year. Managment is really a big force in the Philip Morris factory, but without the usual factory workers there would be no success.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Philip Morris International?
I used to enjoy working at Philip Morris International. I got along well with all my work colleagues and still keep in touch with one of my old work colleagues.

I would recommend working at Philip Morris to anyone who is interested in working there.
Great company and culture. Could do with a bit more emphasis on all staff, and not just the ones bringing in sales volume.
Visit targeted stores on a daily basis setting targets with owners.
Co -workers are great to work with very supportive.
Implementing plans and stratitgies too achieve overall goal of sales and market share dominance.I learned that too gain the results you must work as a team.Management was strict but fair and were always willing too help and guide you.The thing i must enjoyed working here was family envoirnment with my co-wokers.Presentations too company directors.
Pros
medical schemes, overseas conferances
Cons
Great company with friendly staff with many employee benefits.RDO,s,carrer advancement etc.A typical day was spent attending breakdown coverage to the packaging lines or performing maintenance on plant and equipment.
Pros
Good wages
The is a good organization to work , continuous training is provided to upgrade the employees skills and keeps the employee motivated.
My days consist of new challenges and new learning. We take pride in providing the best customer service possible, developing new ideas to grow business and manage our time efficiently. This will also include managing our distribution and product manufacturing to meet all stock level requirements.

Our team consists of motivated, hard working, fun and professional people who never hesitate to provide a helping hand, very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. All management level people have an open door policy and are very easily approached.

The hardest part of the job is to come up with new ideas and to innovate everyday within a declining industry. The tobacco industry has never seen tougher times and the hardest and yet most fun part of the job is to make sure we generate business and achieve market leadership regardless of the market conditions.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits, outdoor and fun activities all year round
Cons
organisational politics
I have worked in a great team, that strived to achieve and implement best practices in each of the procurement areas.
It was a great company to work for, however with manufacturing moving oversees, the procurement function will change scope.
Pros
subsidised canteen
i enjoy working at my current place so I'm just looking for extra work that would be available.
i also have very quick learning skills and get along with all my peers.

ability to find common ground with customers in a timely manner to increase sales and volume.
Pros
rewards and recognition
Cons
no overtime
The typical day in the warehouse was well organized and flowed steady.
Could sometimes go wrong through mostly outside influences such as transport breakdowns traffic issues, when these things happen you learn quickly to re adjust plans and think on the hop.

Management though not always agreeable were mostly understanding and would try to be helpful with any issues.

Always had well trained great group of people to work with understood that when things were quiet you could cruise along but when the heat is on it is all in.

The toughest part of this job was coordinating people inside and outside to meet required time slots does not always go smoothly.

There is nothing more enjoyable than the variety you get from all of the above.
Pros
All around great company to work
Cons
Sometimes having to let good people go its never easy.
Buena empresa, compañeros y clima de trabajo.
Me pude desarrollar en el área de presupuesto, que era nueva para mí.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philip Morris International. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3