Pillow Talk
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Pillow Talk Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
No two minutes are the same as individual customer service varies. Great supportive and close team with beautiful products to sell and play with. Pretty much all customers are fabulous as they love the shopping experience. It’s a “feel-good” place to be for both staff and customers. Can be very tiring as it’s very fast paced especially in busy times but very rewarding too. You’ll never be bored as there’s always something to do.
2 August 2020
We are so glad you are enjoying your time with Pillow Talk and thank you for sharing your positive experience!
I learnt little. Workplace culture akin to bullying. Most enjoyable part was clocking off. Management largely ineffectual. Little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Staff discount, only pro!
Cons
How long you got?
23 June 2020
Hi there,

We are terribly sorry to hear your experience with Pillow Talk was not a positive one. We have no records of any bullying or harassment across the Pillow Talk network, so would be really keen to speak to you further to get a better idea of what’s happened within the store that you worked at. Please feel free to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@pillowtalk.com.au
Unfortunately managers at pillow talk are there because no one else would want their positions, not because they have any skills. Pillow talk do not treat their staff withany loyalty whatsoever
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Ill equipped managers, upper management is too far removed from store politics, only cares about making money
2 August 2020
Hi there,
We are terribly sorry to hear your time with Pillow Talk was not a positive one. We would be interested in speaking with you further in regards to your experience with our managers at PT. Please feel free to reach out to the People and Culture team at peopleandculture@pillowtalk.com.au
my casual work was nothing short of positive and educating i learnt many new customer interaction skills and was always helped out if i needed it. my manager was always kind and made sure i was comfortable and well trained. would 100% recommend working here.
Could be monotonous after a while. Only casual positions available so no job security and only short shifts available meaning that you have to work 5 days to get 20 hours of work which was rarely available. Generally 12-16 hours of work.
A typical day could include dealing with customers, restocking items (in my case, the cushion wall - so many cushions!), ringing customers about their orders, learning about new products, setting up for sales and featured items.

Management was always awesome and flexible, especially with my weekend hobbies and study.

Strict no gossiping policy, made for a very relaxed workplace, no nastiness.

Easy able to advance within the company if you're a good worker.

Great staff discount!
Pros
Staff discount, great environment, working with lovely products
Cons
Hours sometimes cut on quiet days
Poorly run. Bad management. Unprofessional management but put on a show. Expect a lot from their staff with no thanks. A lot of staff turn over as staff did not wish to stay long term.
Pros
Some of the co workers
Cons
Dont care about their casual staff
warehouse was a fun place to work, a lot of laughs and fun was had. this was my introduction to warehouse work, and I couldn't have asked for a better start.
Company has great products, but management in some stores needs to be looked at. A bad manager makes unhappy staff which in turn makes unhappy customers.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
lake of hours
I loved working at Pillow Talk. Really great opportunity, busy and fun!
Sad to leave! Love the stock, loved the environment, loved the customers! Nothing was every hard. Very supportive staff and management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pillow Talk?
Great work place, friendly staff, fun,happy challenge, tough hard,
benefits meeting new people customer service and warehouse
i loved working at pillow talk the only reason i left was because i needed more hours. Everyone was lovely and helped each other out. Taught you everything you need to know.
Pros
friendly
Cons
not enough hours for me.
Good place to work, learnt many new skills and talked to lots of lovely customers, over all a fantastic job and friendly workplace
everyday I try my hardest to exceed the budget of the day and make sure my customers leave happy and or laughing. I always learn something new, wether it be something about the stock or where we are with sales and how well we are all doing. my manager, she really is the greatest manager. She is understanding fun and smart, she helps when you need it and makes sure everyone is safe and on the same level. my co-workers are really fun and funny, you get to know someone when you're in a small space unpacking pallets and boxes. the hardest part of my job is trying to keep busy without customers. there is only s much cleaning that can be done before you have rubbed the shelves away. my favourite part of my job... is making my customers laugh and helping them redo their entire lounge room or bed room. I've had customers refer me to their friends and or come back and show me the finished product and say thank you. that right there is an amazing feeling.
Pros
fun times
Cons
not enough hours
It was a fantastic place to work. We all worked together well as a team giving off even better customer service. The hours were short and i had a lot of fun working for pillow talk
Pros
Great team environment
I work as the storeman, where I unpack boxes from pallets, store the unboxed items in designated bays in the storeroom or put them into trolleys to be put out on the floor for selling.

On the days that I am not working as storeman, I am helping with customer service by attending to any customers that require any assistance. I use eptpos terminals and/or the cash till to put through customer sales.

Pillow Talk is well known for their customer service and their great attitude towards work and customers, so I have learnt a lot to do with proper customer service and how to keep the customers happy at all time.

The hardest part about my job is stock day, trying to find room for all the stock in a small storeroom. It gets overwhelming at times, but I push through to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the co-workers I work with, they have a funny and bubbly attitude and always find a way to make everyone happy and laugh.
Pillow Talk is a great company to work for.
Fair management team.
awesome team environment to work in
up to date training on all products

friendly and approachable managers

always fun to come to work