Pinnacle People Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Productive, flexible and caring workplace to work with
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2019
Staffs are very caring and productive all the time. You will experience working at many different type of venues which are excellent ones. Your timesheet can be organizable as you wish.
Possibly the best hospitality & events agency I have worked for
Casual Food & Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 March 2019
Every shift is rewarding and different. Often the office in your corresponding state will place you into shifts which suit your skills, knowledge and abilities.

Management have always generally treated staff well and fairly. Often how staff are managed and treated depends on who the client is, and can vary from venue to venue.

Pinnacle People is well respected and has an influential, inclusive culture which is shares with its employees and clients. They are also very organised and I have rarely had an issue with my shift or pay.

Sometimes you don't even feel like you're working for an agency when you are on-site, as you are representing the client throughout that particular shift. The work is excellent, particularly for those seeking hospitality and event experience.
Pros
Flexible Shifts/Hours, Good Work Experience from venue to venue.
Cons
Inconsistent Shifts
A productive work place with varying sites
CSR, Kitchen Hand & Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  AU24 March 2019
According to me the work place culture was wonderful. Working in different sites with different people give a better opportunities to learn new things
Poor treatment of workers
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 March 2019
To begin with it started of well I was getting shifts but they wasn't regular. Then unfortunately I had a family emergency before a shift as I thought they would understand my situation. This was not the case they let me go with no notice I had to call them myself and find out why. All they said was because I didn't let them know before hand I was now let go and no shifts will be available. I told them that I couldn't let them know as it was an emergency and I had to go straight away. The treatment was discusting all they care about is ther clients and not the staff. I have tried contacting them regarding my situation but I just get ignored. Discusting treatment I have never worked for a company as bad as this in my life.
Meet different workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT14 January 2019
The company is well organised. I like the way they offer my shift via Pinn app.

I got my shift offered at a few workplaces as Floor Staff and Function setting . It was always busy work environment while I work there some people were nice but some people were rude.
Pros
Meet different workplaces. Reasonable pay rate.
Cons
Unfortunately, Your shift will not be consistent. Hard to know when will you get a job offered.
Best Employer
Food and Beverage Attendant/Barista (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2019
Everyday with Pinnacle People is a new learning day. As I am a casual staff there I got an opportunity to work with a very big organization like ICC Sydney as well as big hotels like The Start, Hyatt Regency, Sofitel, Pier one and lots of restaurant in the city. working in different places gave me an exposer to boost my knowledge in the hospitality industry as well as always meeting new people. I have experienced a lot and I am now evolved waitress due to being part of pinnacle people.
Pros
Always New Day to learn something more
Cons
I was casual so I could not get more shifts.
Disorganized, uncaring machine of a company
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Australian Capital Territory15 October 2018
I have had numerous experiences where shifts have been offered or cancelled at the last minute. The majority of work is made available less than 2 hours before the start time. On many occasions I have been required to arrive at least half an hour before the start of a shift, only to find I was not to be paid for that time, and management had not yet showed up.
Pros
'Flexible' Shift arragements
Cons
Long hours, Little-no benefits, poor staff quality
excellent workplace environment.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT20 February 2018
Fun to work and healthy environment. Usually, a different place to work for every shift which attracted me to work for pinnacle people. The management is very good.
Great place to work at and opportunity to build new skills
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 February 2018
By working for Pinnacle, I had the opportunity to work for many client sites, from working at Stadiums & arenas as retail employee and being a food & beverage/kitchen hand at 5 star hotels. Great place to work at as your first job, mainly while doing studying to get a bit of income, but it wouldn't able to last long as shifts are not consistent each week. Shifts usually occurs 1-2 days per week, sometimes none and sometimes if busy, 3-4. Usually for agency staff, clients tend to send us home earlier as per your required shift finishing time.
Pros
Opportunity to work at many client sites, build up hospitality skills.
Cons
Shifts are not consistent.
Fun
Food and Beverage Attendant/Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 January 2018
This is a great company to work for, however can be challenging being thrown into unfamiliar environments. Not a job for people who are not easily adaptable.
Pinnacle People
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 April 2017
I've been working under Pinnacle for more than 2 years, and the management it terrible.
If they know you have another job they will trying to influence you to quit it suggesting they will secure you with hours if you do, although they don't follow up with this promise.
They will not provide shifts depending on the rating system that seems to be followed up quiet well with clients.
The supervisors/managers aren't necessarily professional.
Pros
Get to work for a lot of different clients at various locations
Cons
There's a contract between the client and Pinnacle so that they can't hire you.
Flexible
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 April 2016
It is a company which is kind flexible with the stuff, also is rarely work constantly, they have more people than shift

They are using an app, is really efficient
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
a few hours
FOOD & BAR ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA3 January 2016
The business is amazing if you're looking for labour hire, the places available to work are very sophisticated and require you to work hard.
Pros
Really good hours and pay rates
Cons
Not consistent work
Good agency that is flexible and understanding
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 November 2015
Pinnacle are an excellent hospitality agency to work for - they ae flexible and understanding and have a large and varied client base.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements.
Cons
Can be asked to work at the last minute.
Most flexible job possible
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD20 February 2014
There is no "typical day" because every job is different, fun, and exciting. I worked fine dining, professional sporting events, casinos, historical venues, all sorts of catering functions, and even at the military base. The staff at pinnacle are extremely nice and helpful. If you want to work you take shifts or put in for on call status. If you don't want to work or working somewhere else that day, you just don't take a shift. The coworkers at pinnacle were wonderful, and most of the staff you were placed with were nice and informative. Pay was good from 21.86-30 an hour. Holliday pay in Australia is double time and a half, so working holidays means over $50/hour. I loved my time at pinnacle and highly recommend this company.
Productive job
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW28 May 2013
Normally I arrive early for my jobs to have a little briefing about what is going on first. I learned a lot with my supervisors, we usually work with partners to be faster and provide a good service for guests. The hardest part of the job is carry tables when we are setting up the room. The most enjoyable part of the job is serve guests.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Limited hours
Productive and Supportive Team Members
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 June 2012
On-Call. General Bar duties,customer service,cash handling,staff supervision and training.People are fun to work with.Can be high stress and fast paced environment.Meeting people from all sorts of walks of life.
Pros
flexability
Cons
being on call and not securing a permanent position.