Pinsent Masons Employee Reviews

friendly and feels like a family
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2019
When I first joined the firm I had only worked in a firm a quater the size and not had the most welcoming experiance. After being in the firm a few weeks I could tell I would love it here and I have. People are so friendly and any questions everyone is happy to help out.
Friendly firm
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 April 2019
Its a friendly atmospheres to work in and staff members are approachable and friendly. The day to day work varies but its a good learning process as you get to learn something new everyday. I just think the progression is a bit hard within the firm.
easy place to work
Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2019
my job was 9-5 in archiving. easiest job i ever have to do. everyone there is friendly and accommodating and most days were spent helping out post room and library as well as walking the floors to see if anyone needed help with archiving or finding deeds.

Most enjoyable part were the people. there were down to earth and chatty

hardest part was floor change as everyone did all there archiving within a couple days so where on a normal day we may get 15-20 boxes of deeds(maximum), in that week we got 200 a day. had to work overtime.
Pros
nicest people to work with
Cons
a lot of trying to be proactive and look as though busy
Never Again
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 October 2018
Expectation in place to be chained to your desk ensuring every second spent away from your desk is accounted for.
Culture based on assumption rather than facts.
Management comprise of lifers who make up human centipedes.
Naive employees are exploited due to their lack of industry experience and are given false illusions of professionalism.
Nonsensical IT training is provided by a non IT professional who has only experienced working in prehistoric IT conditions.
There is an unusual amount of self importance emanated from Management almost as if they expect to be worshiped as gods. There are snakes in the team who have been strategically placed almost as if you are working in a "Big Brother" house.
Potentially the company as a whole has a lot to offer. It would be highly recommended to shake up management and revisit what they are actually doing in their roles apart from slave driving their subordinates and behaving with double standards.
Pros
Nothing - Maybe a nice refurbed office
Cons
Everything about this place
Productive and fun working envitonment
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Qatar13 August 2018
Enriching , personal development, well balanced work and social life.

Very supportive on job training, continuos professional development. Minimum supervision.
Pros
Free snacks and refreshments
Not the best experience
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 June 2018
Not that the higher management would have tolerated it had they had to work in that room, but having to listen to a lowbrow local commercial radio station all day every day was just too much. Maybe you have to be a complete numpty to withstand that stuff, or just be brain dead, but it was slow mental torture and I could not stand it after the first two days. You hear the same songs every hour! That's criminal. When I tried to take protective measures by purchasing and wearing ear defenders, that was frowned upon in case upper management saw it and thought they were headphones playing my own tunes!
Anyway, with the photocopiers and printers going all day, there was enough noise to try and block out already.
Mail room run by a lady who strategically booked holidays before anyone else got a shot, and with only one person being allowed off at a time it was a bit unfair on those of us who actually had children to spend time with in their school holidays.

On balance though, when I needed time off for family reasons I was not discouraged from doing so, so on that point the management score well.
Pros
Free fruit, breakfast cereals, coffee; proximity to park for lunchtime walk
Cons
The role, and the conditions under which that role had to be carried out.
Fun workplace
Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2018
Amazing place to work in. Everybody is friendly and you can get along with everyone there.

Work can be really busy depending on the time of the day.

Most enjoyable part was eating lunch with work colleagues at the restaurant which is part of the office building.
Pros
restaurant within work building
very interesting
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen24 May 2018
gained a lot of experience in the real world applications of a law degree. Extremely enlightning and i hope this can bolster my future prospects. thanks for everything
Corporate Legal PA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 February 2018
My time at Pinsent Masons has been positive, the people are nice and the office is lovely and modern. However, there have recently been some changes within the organisation of the company's structure regarding PAs which the company is still adjusting too, especially as following redundancies being made/voluntary redundancies taken some teams are now short staffed, whilst others seem to have to many PAs per team.
Large law firm
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 January 2018
Part of a very large team of support staff.

Highly professional and efficient operation.

Systems, teams and processes all working in synergy.

Friendly young and dynamic.

Great team spirit and culture.
Pros
being part of a prestigious firm
Cons
Career advancenment
Awful
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2017
I have been working here since they took over my last company (Mcgrigors) and I have never known a company that has such a bad rep in pay rises and incompetence, don't work here!!!! I'm trying to leave but I believe that they have such a bad reputation that my c.v gets ignored!!
Pros
Summer parties
Quiet and Enjoyable
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Glasgow6 August 2017
Pinsent Masons carries a relaxed environment that is very respectful between all staff. Pinsent Masons offer a fantastic range of majority of Law Practices which offers a vast opppurtinity to learn a lot about all Law.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea whenever you want.
Cons
Long hours with short breaks
Productive workplace
Trainee Solicitor (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2017
I was given a great training base at this firm. the quality of work was excellent and the calibre of people I worked was second to none. I would highly recommend this firm for any trainee
A great law firm
Secondment to Pinsent Masons (Former Employee) –  London16 July 2017
Great atmosphere and a great place to work

Good learning culture

Great experience and good range of work load

One of the best law formed in the UK
Pros
Cons
can be long hours
Productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2017
Being given clear daily tasks with deadlines, which would me met daily. This had allow me to understand how to work in a office environment. It had also allowed me to gain my confidence with my peers.
It was great!
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 March 2017
Great working hour + overtime and a buzzing and very welcoming environment.

Brilliant staff. Very welcoming and friendly as well as easy to talk to.
Relaxed atmosphere and great pay.
Invaluable experience
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
I worked for Pinsent Masons as the Conference Assistant for the 2013 Restructuring & Insolvency Conference.
The experience was invaluable for me as it was the first multi-site event I had worked on. I learnt how to manage a large scale event and coordinate an on-site team. I gained knowledge in the facilitation and organisation of speakers. Arranging transportation between locations for attendees and on the day management.
My experience of working both with the Director of the conference and also the events team was overwhelmingly positive. Particularly the support received on the day from the Pinsent Masons Events Team.
I found Pinsent Masons a very welcoming place to work. Ideas and feedback are welcomed. It was very considerate of the needs of new employees like myself who were unfamiliar with the demands of that working environment.
The hardest part of the job for me was the volume of work required in the time period given. As a new employee, there on a purely contractual basis, there were a lot of policies and procedures to get to grips with at the same time as doing the actual job.
The team I worked with, from the support and patience of the post room and catering staff to the clarity and encouragement given by partners and support staff alike was tremendous. It was probably one of my biggest challenges to date but also without doubt one of the most rewarding.
No flexibility for family life
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  London1 February 2017
No flexibility for long working hours.
Pay is good and so is the work but there is little work life balance.
Opportunities for advancement if you are prepared to sacrifice home life
Pros
Pay and work
Cons
Long hours no work/life balance
great job
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 September 2016
Pm is a great place to work with friendly staff I love everyday that I work.
I look forward to coming into work every day and I will be sad when my 12 weeks end in October
Legal PA but my final position was Night PA working for various Solicitors in the Corportate Department
Full Time and Evening Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG2 November 2015
Worked at Pinsent Masons for 22 years in various departments and for various fee earners. For the last 9 years I worked in the Corporate Department as an Evening PA working a total of 21 hours over 4 evenings. My time was booked and could be working on documents, doing dictation, helping with Completion meetings etc.

This was a varied role and the evening hours suited my life at the time.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Travelling home late evening

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinsent Masons. Our community is ready to answer.