Pixar Employee Reviews

It's a big company
Cafe Host (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA16 August 2019
It really depends which department you're working for, as they each have their own personality and stress levels. Broadly speaking, production is like a fast-paced movie studio, while engineering is more like an office in SoMa. People say hello to each other in the halls. They have a nice swimming pool.
Great culture but a little bit culty
Infrastructure Admin (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA28 June 2019
Great place to work and I learned a lot while I was there but the structure of the IT department was pretty linear so job advancement was really slow or non existent. I felt I had to leave to progress in my career.
Pros
Great cafeteria, wrap parties, great people
Cons
You're never not working. Compensation package wasn't in line with other Bay Area companies.
work here
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA4 December 2018
the most amazing company I have worked for. they take care of employees body, mind and stomach. you are surrounded by creative positive energy at all times.
Great Company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA27 November 2018
I loved working at Pixar. My coworkers were incredible and took on an amazing role of mentoring me. The environment is like no where else, and it is truly a place where you can be yourself.
Fun place to work and perks, but Salary was lacking
Producer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA4 September 2018
It was great working with people who really loved what they were doing. But if you're one of the ones still trying to get to your "dream position", movement is at a snail's pace! Since projects can take 4-6+ years, it's easy to get stuck in a position you don't really want. Also, the compensation (especially in production) was really low for how much time and energy you put into the position..
Pros
nice atmosphere, nice people
Cons
compensation
Pixar is a magical place to work.
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA26 August 2018
Pixar puts people first. Everyone is fun and welcoming, and when it comes time to get serious, everyone collaborates because they're all trying to support the films in the best way they can.
Work at Disneyland
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Disneyland Resort6 June 2018
A dream job with a company build on a dream. Bring joy to people of all ages, races, nationalities and religions. A positive work environment. Learn how to calm an angry situation. Make lasting friendships.
Pros
Benefits, atmosphere, food.
Cons
Low wages, difficulty advancing.
Grest place to work
Receiver / Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA24 February 2018
But it's still a job. Pool, gym, sauna, basketball court, volleyball pit, soccer field, many bars and extra curricular activities. If you can get your foot in the door, Go!
Pros
Subsidized meals and they are Awesome!!!
Cons
Corporate view on demographic promotions and hiring...
brilliant
Chef Osvaldo Tomatis (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA9 January 2018
it was a truely magical place to work. a creatively built and run opperation, every aspect of my time there was unique. im lucky to have worked there.
Amazing Place to Work
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA26 November 2017
Amazing. Can't say enough good things about working for Pixar. It's just an experience as is life itself and all that makes it wonderful. Simply my best job ever.
Pros
The Environment
Positive experience overall
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA14 November 2017
The company culture here has shifted over the years but it's still got a lot going for it. It's a large company & the working experiences can vary dramatically depending on where you land within the studio.
Pros
Exellent benefits, extensive perks, creative workplace environment
Cons
Pay for non-creative roles is relatively low, some departments are understaffed for the level of output that is expected of them, professional growth opportunities can be rare
Productive and fun place to work at
Documentary Intern (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA9 January 2017
As a documentary crew intern I assisted on shoots. Logged footage and edited videos.
I learned how to better assist on productions and how to use Avid Media Composer.
Management was amazing and assisted in my learning process.
Co-workers were also amazing and assisted in my learning process.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone and hearing their unique stories of what got them there.
It was a pleasure to work at the biggest Animation studio
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jakarta17 November 2016
Being responsible for the project manager of "Inside Out" Premiere and the first ever Media Junket in Asia was such a blast.
Had an opportunity to worked directly with the director and co-director of the movie itself was indeed a memorable experience.
Matte Painter
Digital Matte Painter (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA8 July 2016
d Matte Paintings were done daily. Loved the pace and challenge of the production and the people were great. What can you say.... it's Pixar!
Most Awesome job ever
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA26 January 2016
I loved working for Pixar. It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had in my life . I highly recommend working here.
Everything you'd expect and more.
project manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA5 November 2015
An incredibly collaborative work place. Dynamic and smart folks with ambition and pride. Creative in the best ways possible. Outstanding support. If the opportunity to work for the company comes your way don't pass it up. You'll be thankful.
Pros
Pride and prestige of working for a super successful company
Pixar promotes creative and lifelong learning
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA14 April 2015
A typical day at work includes performing administrative duties such as background checks, creating offer letters, posting jobs to internal and external websites, processing reimbursements and expense reports. Another component consists of working with the recruiting team in developing our University Relations programming for the summer interns and preparing for any upcoming school visits. I enjoy the diversity of each day because it keeps me on my toes and ready for new professional experiences.

Since being at Pixar, I have learned the importance of attention to detail and confidentiality in a Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department sets the tone for how the company is perceived within the company as well as outside. Also, Pixar promotes lifelong learning among its employees which cultivates creativity and inspiration.
A fun company that cares
Sound Producer (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA28 January 2015
When I was at Pixar I felt that the company cared about the employees. They had many benefits on site, and held regular events that employees could join in on. Additionally, they have a fund to allow employees to band together and create passion projects while trying out new skills and techniques.
Pros
personal growth
Creativity Inc
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Emeryville,CA22 September 2014
Imagine working with the best artists in the world and creating movie classics for the global audience to enjoy. Iconic, Entertaining, Meaningful.

If you want to swing for the fences this is still the place to shoot for your dream job.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA8 January 2014
Extremely talented, nice people to work with. Can be very intense, but totally worth it. Definitely a work hard, play hard type environment. Gotta love what you do day in and day out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pixar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8