Pizza Capers Employee Reviews

okay not to busy or much work
Dishwasher/Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Earlville QLD7 May 2018
didnt mind working there other then the fact the boss was accusing the young girls of stealing from the shop but the other staff members were great to be around
Pros
closed early
Cons
boss was sus on everyone with big trust issues
Productive and Co-operative workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW21 March 2018
A typical day at work varies between how busy we are that day. However, the staff working are always wholeheartedly dedicated to putting their best into each product that leaves the store.
The management aspect of the job has really helped me grow as an individual. The manager role has taught me how to fairly roster people on, without making costly changes to the business.
The hardest part of the job would be saying no. For me the most difficult concept to grasp is having to disappoint someone when I physically can't do something to help them out, for example get a shift covered for someone when they ask.
The most rewarding part of the job however is when all the hard work I put into the business is acknowledged by someone, whether it be a customer or a fellow staff member.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Can't NA as many days as preferred due to our small staff base.
Fun workplace
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Strathpine17 March 2018
Made some great friends and always had fun. Great tips by some lovely customers. Got to make your own pizzas from time to time so that’s always a bonus
great job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Moonah TAS7 March 2018
it was a good first job to work at, I used to go to pizza capers all the time to buy food, so to be lucky enough to receive a job there for my first time was really nice
Pros
free food
Cons
-fast work place
Unreliable, shifts difficult to acquire
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clayfield QLD15 February 2018
Pizza Capers is a Pizza shop located west of Eagle Junction Station. The managers are nice, but often petty work drama causes major social and team problems.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
few shifts
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 February 2018
I opened and closed store weekly.
I learnt how to supervise and manage the store
a fun atmosphere, enjoyed working.
The hardest part about working their was running the store on my own when it got busy.
I enjoyed making pizza's.
fun hands on workplace
Supervisor/Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Innisfail QLD10 January 2018
I hadn't been in the workforce in a few years, this company made feel right at home from the moment I started. Very laid back but hands on kind of workplace environment and it was a regretful decision to leave.
Pros
50% off awesome tasting food
Cons
split shifts
Great job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD26 December 2017
Love doing job at the Cappers. Good staff and a good and balanced manager. Boss is very friendly to us everyone is great. Everyone over there has a kind and friendly nature.
Fun, productive, busy workplace
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD25 December 2017
I loved working at Pizza Capers! Ashamed I had to leave so early. Honestly one of the best places I've worked :) if you like a fun, friendly quick on your toes sort of job this is the place
Pros
Socially
Cons
Busy
I wasn’t paid properly but other than that issue the people are great and funny.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Mermaid Beach QLD11 December 2017
All machines and tasks were easy to operate. The location of most stores are central and easy to get to, the managers are friendly and can arrange the schedule.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Hard roster.
fun and flexible workplace
Customer Service and Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Wellington Point QLD6 December 2017
learnt valuable customer service skills through handling customers and dealing with orders and complaints. Along with this learnt to handle and prepare food. A fun workplace with friendly staff.
Pros
fun job, great staff
Cons
short shifts
Reliable, Fun, Happy workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD28 November 2017
During my time at pizza capers I enjoy the working environment very much and how understanding they could be. This was especially correct when dealing with university and sorting commitments.
Pros
cheap food
Fun staff
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Smithfield QLD3 November 2017
Fast-paced environment, provided me with great experience in preparing foods and strategising on planning ahead with tasks to keep on track and time. Staff were very friendly.
not a very well controlled workspace
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 October 2017
a very uneasy place to work at. not very well structured and everything and everyone is confused and are not taught how to do things correctly. poor service and not very clean
Cons
long hours, less money
Younger life
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 August 2017
Some days were difficult, especially when I was still in training and I had to try and deal with a dissatisfied customer. It was a fast paced environment.
pizza
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mermaid Beach QLD25 July 2017
pizza making was not for me. I didn't enjoy it that much. I found the hardest part of the job was definitely how slow it was. The best part would probably have to be end of shift
Good temporary job, not for long term seekers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS18 July 2017
Just like most pizza restaurants. Busy, can become chaotic. Best for people who can handle pressure, demands and time management. If you don't feel that you can be fast, productive whilst delivering amazing products to your customers, then look elsewhere. Nobody wants to pay a good price for an average meal.
Pros
Work with some of the best pizzas
Cons
Don't expect to enjoy friday nights or weekends off.
Awesome Company
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD27 June 2017
I had the best fun when I worked at pizza capers. The staff were amazing. Everyone got on really well and the food was to die for. I made some really amazing cool friends.
Fun environment to work in
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 June 2017
An average shift working for Pizza Capers include taking customers orders, making pizzas, cutting pizzas, handling money and washing dishes. Through this job I learnt the importance of food safety. This job can have stressful moments through the night however, overall shifts are enjoyable and isn't too stressful for the whole shift. In this workplace you learn how to work as a team which has overall helped in other aspects including school and other social interactions and helps improve the environment you work in. In this job you work shorter hours which allow you to have the day to do other activities.
Pros
Only night time shifts that work well with study
Cons
No day time work for holidays
fun work place
Store Manager / Accountant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2017
typical hospitality work place environment. Want to change the working hours of my current job so need to balance work and life both. Need office hours working time job.
Pros
good people
Cons
night hours