Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 320 reviews matching the search See all 24,661 reviews
good environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD10 June 2019
pizza hut is a great workplace however it can easily be ruined by poor management and communication. the workers in the store are friendly and caring people.
Pros
the coworkers i had apart from management
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work and management is very fair
Staff (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 May 2019
It is a very fast-paced environment during peak hours which makes it challenging and god learning opportunity as you learn how to deal with stress and sort out customer issues and complaints.
Pros
discounts
educational, fun , happy, successful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whyalla SA14 April 2019
Working at Pizza Hut was amazing and educational. the experience provided me with knowledge on customer service and retail and helped me to gain a strong work ethic. Working at Pizza Hut also taught me the importance of maintaining a respectful and hardworking team environment and how having a mentally and physically safe workplace can improve the team's performance and increase success.
Pros
amazing staff and good teamwork
Cons
minimal hours of work
the workplace was hassle free and easy
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Currimundi QLD26 March 2019
it was at currimundi. it was a overall really clean store and had really good management there. the problem was that i was not recieving enough hours and not making enough money for myself.
Pros
50% pizza while working there
Cons
not enough hours
Uninviting Owners Pizza Hut Townsville
Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Deeragun QLD26 March 2019
Short payments on days
Personal life intrusion
Forced unpaid work
Tips were taken off you
Had to learn most of the work myself
Non-caring for a/the employees well-being in work-space
Never paid staff Sunday pay-rates when they were meant to be awarded
Pros
Not much
Cons
No discounts and tips were paid back to owners
Need a better job as i'm looking for a job to support my future
Pizza hut mount hutton (Current Employee) –  Mount Hutton NSW18 February 2019
I enjoyed working at Pizza Hut, My boss is amazing, and the work environment is great. Not enough hours because I am 18, with one 3.5 hour shift a week. I need to be able to support myself at the moment but in the future as well as I plan to go into university. Pizza Hut was a great first casual job that advanced my people skills and money management, initiative and problem solving.
Pros
great environment, everyone was close to each-other and trustworthy.
Cons
hours were low, only night time shifts (not really their fault).
friendly environment
Shift Manager Key responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD Bellbowrie QLD17 February 2019
worked there for 6 years, started from the bottom and worked my way up to shift supervisor. friendly environment. fast paced. i learned how to make dough, create pizzas and promotional sides, take stocktake and order in new stock, rotate stock so the newer stuff went to the back. easy to manage teams of up to twelve people.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Average Workplace with good lunch breaks
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW14 February 2019
The Pizza Hut in lakehaven was good and had a great lunch break with the choice of food being huge. The workspace was clean enough and the people were nice enough.

Other than that it was about average for a fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free Lunch and clean and friendly workspace
Cons
Long hours, lots of cleaning and slippery floors
Workplace Culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW13 February 2019
The managers were lazy and didn't assist the casual staff with anything. Management was poor when it came to time management. Lack of ability to speak english was also hard to understand and make work run smoothly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management.
To be fair, it's a franchise.
Dishwasher/Kitchen hand and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD4 February 2019
It's a normal job, similar to any other hospitality franchise. It's not very personal, you have modules to complete, customers can be a bother-entitlement and all. But it's a foot in the door and good for a first job.
Under paid and over work
Delivery Driver and Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC23 January 2019
I was over work and under paid by law so unfair work need to look in too it the food is not up to strained and the works are racist and make people clean more then the time need
Pros
Cash in hand
Cons
Under paid
Fun place to work but you will get stuck there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW23 January 2019
Pizza Hut has been my favourite job I have had so far, it has taught me so many great things from life skills so employment skills and is full of amazing people. My only issue is that everyone that works there gets stuck there because of how easy and fun a job it can be, everyone either keeps it as a second job or they leave and then eventually come back.
Pros
Fun people to work with, cool to learn about new promotions
Cons
Can be anywhere from 3 hour to 15 hour days, pay isn't great, the manager"wage is only a dollar more than the normal staff wage and is not very rewarding.
Enjoyable work place.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 January 2019
A typical day at Pizza Hut as a driver consistently made you work as you were expected to do not only a drivers job but a kitchen hand's as well this means cleaning, answering phones, making the pizza and money handling.
Fun place to work in a small shop
Upper Coomera Store Manager (Former Employee) –  upper coomera1 January 2019
staffs are friendly, working hard and always help each other.
Management is not perfect because of limited staffs in the shop.
Footy games makes the shop busier than normal, especially the state of origin games.
Enjoyable but safety issue
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jesmond NSW22 December 2018
Clock on, deliver pizzas, counting change, Clock off. Become a more experienced driver. The manager will not give you a reference even though you leave because of medical reasons. The other employees however are extremely happy and fair. Racing against a time limit. Feel like your earning the money your receiving for working.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Bad management
Productive and not a fun workplace to work at.
Kitchen Hand & Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kogarah, AU12 December 2018
I used to barely get any shifts and I when I used to get shifts, the only thing that I used to do is washing and cleaning the store for 3+ hours per day.
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
short hours
Enjoyable job unfortunately had to leave.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birkdale, AU9 December 2018
I worked at Pizzahut Birkdale as my first job and really enjoyed it. The staff were amazing and so nice. Unfortunately due to poor management we were terribly understaffed sometimes and meant during the busy hours/occasions it was stressful to say the least. I would like to remain at this job as despite it downfalls it was really good however the store was closed without notice.
Awful pay, nice staff, super unclean
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD9 December 2018
Wasn't too bad. Worked there for just over 2 years. Managers are pretty nice. Place was never properly cleaned and the food wasn't great, but that's just pizza hut, Customers seemed to enjoy it and we had a few regulars. Could be really stressful when its busy cause they never put enough people on, but it was really boring when it was quiet though, and the managers got angry if you stood around for even a minute while you were looking for something to do, even if everything was done. One manager wouldn't let you leave unless every single table was clear, even if there were 2 other servers on that could've done it. Made me late for appointments multiple times.
Pros
Free Lunches on 4.5+hour shifts
Cons
Pretty awful pay
it was really great working with them
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  breisbane8 December 2018
I learn many things there it was really great being there and learning new things like making pizza and all it was really great for me to get this kind of Portunus
it's a job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD2 December 2018
it'll get you by (just) until you find a better job, other than that..

it's more for jnr's,

fresh out of school..
work experience
Pros
it's a job
Cons
low paying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K