Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 308 reviews matching the search See all 22,850 reviews
Great time, Fun time
Deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 May 2018
Drive around all your suburb as if those are your territories! it will be very challenging at the beginning due to the fact that not only so many details have to be remembered and executed precisely in a sequence, but also no error is allowed, any mistake is going to upset your customer badly and maybe forever lost them.

but once you get the hang of it, get used to the procedure, you will be able to navigate all the areas without a hunch.

For my store, it pays ok. it gives you a base salary and then each order you get fixed amount. so overall your payment will depend on how many you delivered throughout that day. it is kinda reasonable.

But the staffs are always friendly and keen to teach you. it is a great job to push yourself to the boundary if you like driving around, explore new places, talk to strangers and be a happiness-bringer !
Pros
You Get To Make whatever pizza you like for yourself!
Cons
Driving is definite not for anyone if you are not into it when it becomes your job.
It was fun to work and the culture was pretty good. The management was a bit strict yet I loved working there. Ive learned to have time management.
Salesperson, (Former Employee) –  srilanka29 August 2018
I've learned to have a good time management along with my studies which helped me in having a good work-life balance. I got more socialized with people and this lets me improve my skills in interacting with people. The culture in the workplace was very friendly but at times the head management was strict on certain points. I worked as the salesperson and as well as in the cashier which I always loved to do. There was nothing that I disliked in particular.
stressful work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 June 2018
work weekends open / closes (nights) sacrificing social life.
salary is low or minimum but good team work.
plenty of opportunities to advance to management roles.
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
long stressful hours
Fun and Productive
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Clarkson WA8 July 2018
It is never a dull day at Pizza Hut, any day could be busy and have different challenges to contend with. I have learned to make pizza bases from scratch and make the pizzas. Management team are great at teaching the staff at new promotions that are currently running and new items added to the menu. The workplace culture at Pizza Hut works well together with staff members from Australia an India. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every order is correct. The enjoyable part of the job is making new friends
Fun place to work in a small shop
Upper Coomera Store Manager (Former Employee) –  upper coomera1 January 2019
staffs are friendly, working hard and always help each other.
Management is not perfect because of limited staffs in the shop.
Footy games makes the shop busier than normal, especially the state of origin games.
Fun workplace easily accessibly enjoyable right across from a playground and shops
Pizza hut (Current Employee) –  Western Australia6 July 2018
A typical day at work would be probably washing dishes cutting pizzas serving customers and making pizzas in about 3-4 hours of work time. I have learnt a lot working at Pizza Hut I quite enjoy working there. The management there is perfect the boss likes every thing spotless and nice and tidy so easy access. Culture is great it is right next to shops and play ground for little kids to play in when bored. The hardest part of the job is staying focused on the one task you have been given while trying to get everything else completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I arrive at work knowing that there is lots of things needed to be done which is also keeping myself busy all the time. And being able to meet and hang around my new friends making new friends every day is a great opportunity for me to communicate with others around me.
Pros
Free pizzas sometimes finish early
Cons
Short hours not enough pay tiring
Awful pay, nice staff, super unclean
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD9 December 2018
Wasn't too bad. Worked there for just over 2 years. Managers are pretty nice. Place was never properly cleaned and the food wasn't great, but that's just pizza hut, Customers seemed to enjoy it and we had a few regulars. Could be really stressful when its busy cause they never put enough people on, but it was really boring when it was quiet though, and the managers got angry if you stood around for even a minute while you were looking for something to do, even if everything was done. One manager wouldn't let you leave unless every single table was clear, even if there were 2 other servers on that could've done it. Made me late for appointments multiple times.
Pros
Free Lunches on 4.5+hour shifts
Cons
Pretty awful pay
Enjoyable job unfortunately had to leave.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birkdale, AU9 December 2018
I worked at Pizzahut Birkdale as my first job and really enjoyed it. The staff were amazing and so nice. Unfortunately due to poor management we were terribly understaffed sometimes and meant during the busy hours/occasions it was stressful to say the least. I would like to remain at this job as despite it downfalls it was really good however the store was closed without notice.
Enjoyable but safety issue
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jesmond NSW22 December 2018
Clock on, deliver pizzas, counting change, Clock off. Become a more experienced driver. The manager will not give you a reference even though you leave because of medical reasons. The other employees however are extremely happy and fair. Racing against a time limit. Feel like your earning the money your receiving for working.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Bad management
Learned to multitask, Work in busy environment.
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 September 2018
Working in pizza Hut was a great experience, it helped me to do multi tasking as I was working as an all rounder. Since it was one of the top listed pizza hut in the Country, I learned how to do time management and priories the list of task. I used to panic at the busy hour but my owner and my fellow team members worked together with me and build my confidence and complete the task smoothly without rushing. I enjoyed a lot working as a team.
Productive and fun to work
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW29 October 2018
The Tamworth Pizza Hut was always fun to work at but lacked air conditioning in the front of house and during summer that proved a struggle because the heat could become unbearable out there. The workplace culture was good and the boss was awesome and always helped. During country music time it was probably both the most enjoyable and hardest part as it’s always busy and that can be both positive and negative.
Fast paced, most of the time badly managed
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA29 September 2018
Not the best place to work.
Management was not very good.
There was free food and everyone was friendly but better organization would have made it a good job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
Good first experince
Nightfill assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosewood QLD - 434026 November 2018
Great experience in a retail position

Over the time I have worked within both franchises, both have given me adequate experience in the field of retail and are good first companies for first jobs.

Advancement is not recommended
Unhygienic
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  North Strathfield NSW25 November 2018
Unhygienic work environment however good first job for high school students. The job involves cutting pizzas, making pizzas, boxing pizzas, delivering pizzas, washing dishes etc. Workplace culture is average due to the friendly staff. A heavy Indian culture so speaking Hindi would probably be preferable.
Pros
Discounted Pizzas
Cons
Unhygienic
Fast-paced environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 November 2018
Working at Pizza Hut can be amazing, and can be dreadful, almost like any other job. It honestly depends on your co-workers. The pay isn't the greatest for graduates/people looking for full-time work which will pay the bills, but for school kids it's a great first-job.
Pros
fast-paced, good employees
Cons
doesn't pay very well, customers can frustrate you
Another family
manager in training, cook (Current Employee) –  Umina Beach NSW19 September 2018
I have been working at Pizza Hut for almost four years now (including the time it was eagle boys) and have created a connection with every one of my fellow work mates. I've learnt to work quickly in this fast paced environment and began training for management building up the leadership skills i already have.
Pros
Free food whilst working
Working at Pizza Hut (Australia)
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD9 September 2018
Having worked at a Pizza Hut restaurant in Australia for 5 years, I learnt valuable retail skills such as how to approach customers and deal with any complaints. Working hours were very flexible and would be appropriate for students. On busy nights, work could be fairly stressful as you work towards completing customer orders in the time promised to customers. During my time at Pizza Hut, I made many lifelong friends that I still keep in contact with.
Pros
Flexible working hours, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Can become busy and stressful.
Decent Workplace
Pizza Hut (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS2 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of working form 4:30pm to 10:00pm delivering to the same houses all the time some were unsafe and scary others were pleasant to give you at tip. it was draining my fuel in my car a fair bit and $2.60 per delivery i don't think was enough.

the management was okay, the store was kept clean and maintained, and customers were satisfied with their pizzas.
Pros
was a calm working environment
Cons
Delivered to un-safe environments
Good job, Poor management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads South NSW9 November 2018
The job was good, I learnt so much from working there, the co-workers were really friendly and helpful but the store was under bad management, boss threatened to close store or fire people with no reasoning
Productive, fun workplce
Cook, Driver, Customer service (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW14 November 2018
Pizza Hut is a great place to work, it is a friendly and safe environment, the staff is very respectful and appropriate for the workplace. working at Pizza Hut is very fun especially because the people are very respectful. The job is very easy as you are trained, you learn how to make, cut, and serve the food in a respectful manner.
Pros
discounts
Cons
area- far away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K