Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 278 reviews matching the search See all 20,762 reviews
great place to work
KITCHENHAND/DOUGH SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  werribee6 August 2018
fun, interactive place to work, easy communication between staff, management was great, hours were great. learnt a lot of my customer service skills here.
Managing Staff and customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 July 2018
i had never worked in pizza hut before that so it was really good experience for me. i didn't even know to make pizza but later on with friendly staff, they taught me a lot regarding so many things and how to deal with the customers. once again the best part was to communicate with customers at front counter and learned to make pizza.
not too bad
Delivery Driver and Kitchen Hand and cashier (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW27 July 2018
working at pizza hut was alright, it taught me a few things about management etc and I enjoyed doing deliveries. The other employees were nice and the pay was pretty good.
Productive, fast paced, and enjoyable work place, with great staff.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowen QLD25 July 2018
The Pizza Hut team are well organised and on time with all orders. It is a great work environment. I've learned how to make pizza bases, including the whole process, from customer ordering; to making the order; to cutting and saucing pizzas and sides; and delivery to customer.
Great place to start your career in Pizza making
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 July 2018
Working culture is good, less hassle and proper delegation of work. There is not much to learn once you know the make line and the in store work that one needs to learn.
Cons - The pay is never credited on time and always you will find discrepancies in the amount credited.
Fun and Productive
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Clarkson WA8 July 2018
It is never a dull day at Pizza Hut, any day could be busy and have different challenges to contend with. I have learned to make pizza bases from scratch and make the pizzas. Management team are great at teaching the staff at new promotions that are currently running and new items added to the menu. The workplace culture at Pizza Hut works well together with staff members from Australia an India. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every order is correct. The enjoyable part of the job is making new friends
Fun workplace easily accessibly enjoyable right across from a playground and shops
Pizza hut (Current Employee) –  Western Australia6 July 2018
A typical day at work would be probably washing dishes cutting pizzas serving customers and making pizzas in about 3-4 hours of work time. I have learnt a lot working at Pizza Hut I quite enjoy working there. The management there is perfect the boss likes every thing spotless and nice and tidy so easy access. Culture is great it is right next to shops and play ground for little kids to play in when bored. The hardest part of the job is staying focused on the one task you have been given while trying to get everything else completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I arrive at work knowing that there is lots of things needed to be done which is also keeping myself busy all the time. And being able to meet and hang around my new friends making new friends every day is a great opportunity for me to communicate with others around me.
Pros
Free pizzas sometimes finish early
Cons
Short hours not enough pay tiring
Ok
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2018
Workplace is ok company is good learn new things fast pace work environment always something new to learn supportive team mates good culture great work ethics of teammembers
Good workplace. Great group of employees
Delivery Driver/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW5 July 2018
Great bunch of employees. Short shifts. Average management. Easy workloads for employees. Balanced hours with lifestyles. Great job culture and opportunities.
Pros
Cheaper meals
Great team members who help everyone out.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Birkdale QLD2 July 2018
Days are quiet night times tend to get busy especially on Fridays and the weekend.

Most enjoyable part is the members/other staff
Hardest part is customers think that they are the only ones ordering at peak times and expect their pizza to get to them immediately.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Manager
Employee (Former Employee) –  Carlingford NSW2 July 2018
The productivity within the workplace was fairly decent. However, some employees tended to slack off. I learnt to manage time and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
stressful work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 June 2018
work weekends open / closes (nights) sacrificing social life.
salary is low or minimum but good team work.
plenty of opportunities to advance to management roles.
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
long stressful hours
Great team
Pizza Hut (Current Employee) –  Camberwell18 June 2018
Pizza hut it's great for a driver, as a shift manager is really poorly, I have drivers getting more than my self as shift manager, even doe am not sign off, I wouldn't recommend pizza hut to non of my friends or relatives ...
Pros
You can have a laugh with the team
Cons
Manegement staff not treated properly, low pay, long hours and much more
The people are friendly, the pay is bad
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kirra QLD18 June 2018
a typical day in pizza hut is cleaning, dealing with loud teenagers, kids vomiting, rude customers. you get underpaid the managers are rude. but its a good place to make friends
Pros
friendly people
Cons
bad pay
supportive and fun workplace.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hoxton Park NSW28 May 2018
it was typical workplace you would come in to the workplace either be assigned to cleaning register or making the pizzas, i learnt how good teamwork can be, the hardest part was probably trying to be on quick and on time making pizzas for the customers, And the most enjoyable part was the supporting people i worked with.
Great work environment, I thoroughly enjoyed working in their team.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Plainland QLD20 May 2018
As I worked for Pizza Hut (formerly known as Eagle Boys) I had had previous experience working for a pizza store and then worked my way up in ranks, I began at dough and ventured through make bench, front counter, phones etc. While working there I had a wonderful experience as got on well with everyone who entered my workplace.
Pros
Cheaper food and discounts
Cons
Location was a fair distance from my house.
Excellent
Franchise head manager (Current Employee) –  caringbah15 May 2018
Work life balance
i became a very good leader.
To be short and sweet i learned how to become a good leader, customer service.
Health,hygience and first aid.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
travelling
Great time, Fun time
Deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 May 2018
Drive around all your suburb as if those are your territories! it will be very challenging at the beginning due to the fact that not only so many details have to be remembered and executed precisely in a sequence, but also no error is allowed, any mistake is going to upset your customer badly and maybe forever lost them.

but once you get the hang of it, get used to the procedure, you will be able to navigate all the areas without a hunch.

For my store, it pays ok. it gives you a base salary and then each order you get fixed amount. so overall your payment will depend on how many you delivered throughout that day. it is kinda reasonable.

But the staffs are always friendly and keen to teach you. it is a great job to push yourself to the boundary if you like driving around, explore new places, talk to strangers and be a happiness-bringer !
Pros
You Get To Make whatever pizza you like for yourself!
Cons
Driving is definite not for anyone if you are not into it when it becomes your job.
loved to work in pizza hut again
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland8 May 2018
I use to work in pizza hut back in New Zealand. this is a job that I worked for a long time and I loved every bit of it. a very welcoming and loving team members and the store manager was just awesome. would love to work in pizza hut again and there isn't any hard part about this job. only thing is you should know what you are doing
Fun workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Young NSW7 May 2018
They taught me everything I needed to know about the job and trained me to succeed in the workplace. I was welcomed by everyone and whenever I wasnt sure about anything, the other employees helped me.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K