Sales Assistant/Stock Manager in Sydney Central Business District NSW
High stress environment with hostile competitive sales techniques.
This was a place that i learnt the most in to this day. I learnt how culture can sometimes overtake work place mental health. I didn't enjoy it and found that it was more focused on being the right kind of sales vulture opposed to hard-working ethical people. This took a toll on me but i did learn a lot about inventory management which i am grateful for.
Sales Consultant in Bendigo VIC
Cool job ruined by awful management.
B*tchy immature and incompetent management ruin what would otherwise be a nice job. The environment has so much potential to be a fun workplace, but the way management carries on and treats their staff, I wouldn't bother applying if you have any self-respect.
Assistant Manager in Melbourne VIC
I got hired as an ASM and they literally never trained me. Decided to ask for some and they complained I didn’t pick it up quickly enough and just palmed me off to another store to train- where the manager there was the rudest bat I’ve ever met; absolutely didn’t train me at all and picked up on the SMALLEST mistakes that weren’t my fault and never gave me praise for having the highest KPIS. B*tchy upper management and area leader and it seemed like they hated all their staff.
Sales Assistant in Epping VIC
Professional and hip place to work in.
Great place to learn sale skills and how to sell a product to customers, teaches you how to fit in to its workplace and that is a great skill to take into any other business.
Sales Assistant in Australia
lol would not recommend!!!
Worked at platypus for just over 3 years, I know so surprised I lasted that long.. the reason why I did stay that long was because of the team!
I started off as a casual and then became the full-timer.
For a casual, your job is not as stressful but being a part of the management team is absolutely ridiculous.
- The expectations they have, are shocking.
- They do not listen to you and your store's needs.
- You constantly get phone calls daily from area manager complaining because your store is not achieving and if you do hit target, you barely get praised.
- Have stupidly high UPT expectations
- If you are having a slow day and theres not much foot traffic in the shopping centre they do not care and will ask you what you're going to do differently to get people in store.. (most frustrating thing when theres nothing you can do because the centres dead )
Over all such a negative place to work. I left this job to focus on my mental health and happy to say id never to back. Two good things I have to say is the team I worked with I consider really close friends now and the discount is 40%.