Platypus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Platypus Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement

Fun workplace

-Typical day at work consisted of greeting customers and learning more about sales and working at retail. I learnt more about how retail works and improved my communication skills.Workplace culture was really good as dress codes were open for your own taste of fashion.

Environnement de travail agréable

Personnel très friendly, clients adorables, travail assez easy et fast paced

Fashion Culture

As a person with a passion for retail and fashion the work environment within platypus was an extremely pleasant one due to the love the business culture as well as the experience I had gained in retail.

Quite slow, unfair

Unfortunately, being young I believe i was taken advantage of. I wasn't given fair shifts what so ever and no one really cared even if i told them. I loved the environment, but we were pushed to make unrealistic goals and were never rewarded for hard work, not even with shifts. Very disappointing.

Cons

Not enough hours

Great workplace, full of fun and great conversations

A typical day at work would require myself coming into work with a smile on my face hi-fiving my fellow team workers. We learned a lot about our customers on a daily basis simply by asking numerous questions and understanding who they were while adjusting the shoe to their desire. Our current manager for the past 2-3 years has been amazing and extremely accommodating with everything we've needed as well as workplace tools allowing us to keep growing within the sales workforce. The hardest part about the job I'd have to say is when it came around Christmas time the stores can become extremely over crowded and attending to several customers at a time takes its toll. Other than that the most enjoyable part of the job would be coming in and being able to work with such a pro active team and management that keep you motivated on a daily basis.

Pros

High percentage discount on products within the store and stores affiliated.

Cons

Less shifts and less pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Platypus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6

• Platypus
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?