Pluralsight Employee Reviews

Remote job
DATA SCIENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Remote1 August 2019
Had a lot of fun working with PluralSight. It was interesting work and the compensation was good compared to the jobs available in other places online. Very nice people to work with and prompt payments.
Great Company but not much room for some to be promoted
Account Development Manager /Business Development (Current Employee) –  Utah26 June 2019
I loved Pluralsight, still do, but have given up ever being promoted even though I have never missed hitting my quota and put ethics and work above all else for 40+ hours a week
n/a
Human Resources Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CA15 March 2019
previously working with administrative systems made the transition to pluralsight much easier. It is a difficult site in terms of access and admin control.
Productive and fun place with ping pong table.
Financials Consultant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UT21 February 2019
Great culture with a good work/place balance to help maintain focus. Free lunches every Wednesday with a social atmosphere. Loved this company and management.
Losing the amazing factor
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UT1 February 2019
For some time this was the best place I've ever worked for and truly had everything that I was looking for in a workplace. Yet over time things changed, I'm not sure if it all had to do with going public or from the large amounts of new hiring taking place. The qualities that I enjoyed as an employee and which made me think I wasn't going to ever look for another company have greatly diminished. Now I find myself looking to see what's out there. This doesn't mean that it's a horrible place to work, but I'm curious to see if I can find those qualities and vibe that seems to be slipping from Pluralsight.
Great company to work with.
eLearning Course Author/Developer (Current Employee) –  Remote20 December 2018
The only thing that is worrisome is the fast growth and the multiple layoffs due to combining companies and programs. Culture is by far the best in a small fast moving company..
Pros
Fun fast moving culture
Cons
Too much work not enough balance
Amazing benefits, less amazing culture
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UT22 May 2018
Pluralsight really cares about its employees. The benefits are great, and the compensation is competitive.

The culture is very encouraging of entitlement though. People throw tantrums over the silliest things. The company spends a truly stupid amount of money on making literally everything on brand.

The company also doesn't seem to know what to do with data. I've seen graphs that show no trend whatsoever labeled "Look at the steady improvement!" Management doesn't like criticism (constructive or otherwise) and is more focused on everyone feeling good.
Pros
all the food you could want, unlimited PTO, good health insurance
Cons
people are very out of touch, culture theater
Fast growing company
Presales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 December 2017
Fast growing company with a cool product and uber talented team. The product is really good and they have amazing content in professional technology learning.
Great company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 November 2017
working with pluralsight as an instructor is a great job to supplement your income, course work created is managed with your schedule. perfect for anyone with a busy schedule or family.
Fun and challenging place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UT31 October 2017
Most of the management team is great. The company works to make it a great place to work. Very trendy culture. Provides a valuable service at a reasonable cost.
Pros
Stocked fridge in the breakroom
Cons
Very trendy
Fun, exciting and great co-workers
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma12 October 2017
Everyday was a new day with opportunities to help others, both internally and externally. It was a team environment with focus to grow the company and move the needle. Communication was great, sometimes even over communication from the top down, and everyone always had an open door, even if it was just to say "Hello".

The mission was clear, and C level constantly communicated clearly the health of the company, weekly. The autonomy and trust that leads provided each person insured that each person could contribute in a creative way, bringing ideas, methods and experience that was heard by everyone. This provided empowerment, and being able to have open, constructive conversations without fear. Failures were growing experiences, and successes where opportunities to do better. Hands down, one of the best, modern, and emerging companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Weekly "family" lunch, Unlimited PTO, company paid health benefits, 401K match
Cons
None, really.
Fun work place
Video lesson author. (Current Employee) –  TX7 August 2017
This is a part time job creating video modules for software. It's fun and you learn a lot from doing it.

I would recommend this to anyone who want's to get better insight to the software they are currently working in.
Pros
It's work at you one time and pace
Cons
I really don't see any cons.
Incredible culture, fast paced, growing quickly with a fun environment
Sales Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UT11 October 2015
I love my job, I love what my company stands for, I love the people I work with and who they desire for our company to become.
Pros
Free Lunches, free healthcare benefits
Cons
Fast growing
The culture and people here were amazing! Great company!
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, Utah15 January 2015
Work was very comfortable and allowed us to be creative and motivated with the elimination of the PTO policy.
I learned that freedom allowed to bring the best autonomy out of employees.
Management was great, although with hyper growth the culture can quickly become slippery when hiring several managers at a time.
I could not say good enough about my co-workers. Great teamwork.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with hyper growth, there tends to be a lot of growing pains, but you learn a lot by going through this.
The best part of the job was the paid benefits, free drinks and snacks and paid 'family lunch' every Wednesday (which happens to be a great team building activity)
Pros
No PTO policy, free drinks and snacks, paid family lunch. What is important is a caring and generous leadership team, and many many more.
Cons
Hiring individuals that don't follow the culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pluralsight. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2