PoolWerx Employee Reviews

Great Workplace, unfortunate timing.
Pool and Spa Technician (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW31 August 2019
My time at PoolWerx was great but things went dowhill when personal issues arose in my life, this made me unable to work to my capabilties and I felt that I needed to leave the company to restore myself back to how I was before the personal issue.
Hard work but an excellent culture and management.
Casual Pool Technician (Former Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD3 August 2019
Hard manual work but an incredible work environment and staff; understanding, inclusive, easy to get along with. Everyone was willing to help out and teach you along the way.
I taught myself more
Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria Valley VIC22 July 2019
No care for safety, getting a raise impossible, just keep your head down, do your best and they will leave you alone, until they want you to make the sun shine.

At the start, I only saw the good, then two months later, my boss only cares for his money. The saying was after the weekend, after the public holiday, after the season, just so he didn't have to talk to you and perhaps you would forget, what you asked for.

You can never have a holiday in summer, spring or autumn, has to be winter. No commission, no incentives, no praise. Hang on there are incentives, but you have to get to the moon first, before they start.
Pros
Non
Cons
I'm not there
great team
Pool and spa technician (Former Employee) –  Lennox Head NSW30 June 2019
early start, early fniish.
independant working conditions
great mamagement
hardest part - tricky installations
easiest part - fixing pool lights (get to swim)
No Progression
Pool Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 April 2019
This company was very unrealistic and not pleastant to work for. The workers were not very welcoming and it had a very bad vibe about it. This is not a place I would recommend.
Pros
Not hard pressed
Cons
No Progression. People were not welcoming
Productive and Enjoyable.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Jimboomba QLD21 April 2018
Constantly on feet. Learnt many skills in the pool and spa industry. The workplace culture is good. The hardest part of the job was constantly lifting heavy barrels and bags but the lunch breaks and the time spent moving from site to site provided a good breather.
Cons
Working in the sun was draining.
Fun clientele who enjoy a good laugh
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Middle Park QLD and Forest Lake QLD8 August 2017
A typical day at work is answering phones/face to face dealings with the public/regular customers as well as Real Estates in regards to any pool needs or requirements, free advise and demonstrations.
Everyday you learn more than you knew the day before!
Being a seasonal business summer is flat stick, which I love but this is also the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my regular customers who come in every week to have a water test and a chin wag as well as the amazing people that I work with as I see them more than my own family (hahaha) so this is important.
Pros
The customers
Cons
No lunch breaks :(
A good office culture
Commercial Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 July 2017
The staff all work well with the other departments. HR is exceptional. The management can tend to micro manage. Not a lot of room for growth. Overall a decent place to work.
Productive but niche industry to work in
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 May 2016
It's a good job to work into. Decent salary and good work culture. However shifts are nonexistant during winter season. Overall it can be a good place to work in until it becomes cold where no one will come in the store ever.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
No shifts during winter season
friendly work environment great team work plae
Swimming pool technician (Former Employee) –  Australia Melbourne Victoria17 February 2014
my typical day at work would involve problem solving team work customer service punctuality being on time to jobs and finishing them to the highest standard. i learnt many new techniques to treat pools finish jobs in the most efficient way possible while maintaining a great client customer relationship. My relationship with my coworkers was fantastic our team really jelled together if i was ever in need of help in the work place i would not hesitate to call ask or email them for assistance and i would gladly help them if they needed my help. The hardest part of my job was when i could not provide an answer right away although i would always strive to find an answer for the client as soon as possible which would also help me learn in the field. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customer satisfaction and receiving great feedback from my boss and customers.
Pros
work van work mobile phone and fuel card
Cons
not having all the answers
Systems/IT Project Executive (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 January 2014
Progressive Company that has set a goal for growth and working on base to support the growth of a Franchise Network. Still reactive verses proactive.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Not providing enough resources to ensure growth
Interesting work, nice people to work with
Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Taringa, QLD16 October 2013
* Challenging, interesting job. Lots of different task.
* I learnt to improve my MYOB and Excel skills.
* The management could be better. Too many managers, too many different opinions.
* Good co-workers which is very important for my
* The hardest part in my job is the management of the Company as there is not a good structure. (see point two)
*The most enjoyable part in my job is the challenge the big workload
and the nice co-workers
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Travel time too long