Power and Water Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Power and Water Corporation Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Fun and productive place to work.
People are collaborative.

People are knowledgeable.

People are collaborative.

The place is relaxed but productive.

The people are nice
The culture is fueled by politics; tax payers dollars are frequently spent on procrastination and lack of decision making.

It's a real life version of 'Yes Minister'; whereby the Minister has the IQ bordering that of a simpleton. Floor staff are generally friendly however the ratio of 'Non core' to 'Core employees most likely exceeds 80%.

In summary the business is not agile and is torn between economics and politics on almost every decision. This bipolar mix often has everyone chasing a never ending political tail with the primary focus on job preservation rather than focusing on service delivery.
My manager and co-worker were more like mates than fellow workers, sharing knowledge, experience and life patterns. A rewarding work environment, with lots of remote bush travel.
Pros
Remote bush travel experiences.
Cons
No bad cons.
Initial time to setup IT took long and online file sharing system was occasionally problematic. The people working there were very pleasant and helpful. A very satisfying place to work.
Pros
Challenging work that contributes to society and the environment.
Cons
Altough IT response was good it took time to setup initially and solve problems.
Power and Water cooperation work environment was mainly Remote work within local aboriginal communities. Very rewarding work and project outcomes combined with large amounts of bush and remote travel.
Learnt a lot, grew a lot of confidence and built my people skills
I worked with a range of stakeholders to deliver standards above and beyond our Service Level agreement. During this contract I developed and implemented an organisation wide ICT learning program, facilitating training sessions across all sites of the Northern Territory.

Excellent opportunity to grow as this organization was under structural reform and correspondingly my positions duties evolved to meet changing demands. This was the hardest part of the job but often the most rewarding.
Pros
Excellent opportunities, challenges and great team
Cons
Long hours, ICT systems
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Power and Water Corporation?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power and Water Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Power and Water Corporation Reviews by Location