PresCare Employee Reviews

Great suoervisor coordinator
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD26 October 2018
I worked in prescare in cairns and loved working with the team. The coordinator is exceptional at her position. I would highly recommend working with prescare.
Positive environment for residents and staff.
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 October 2018
Alexandra Gardens is a nursing home where the staff is dedicated and happy. The team environment is friendly and always looking for the best of their residents.
Pros
Flexible rosters
Pressed to care
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD12 August 2018
Sadly rules only apply to some, while others are free to Bully, disrespect and have no regard for the residents or co-workers.

Unfortunately my experience was, the more stories you told and dishonest you were the better off you were, you didn't get rewarded for hard work, long hours, going in at the drop of a hat every time others didn't turn up or caring about the residents.

I so loved my job, the residents and some co-workers. It has taken time to recover from what I had to endure, sadly, I was only 1 of many that was treated in this way and it still continues today
Pros
Training
Cons
Unfair work place
Very productive company, enjoyed working there
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD11 December 2017
Busy working environment but enjoyed working in aged care. Loved the friendships and felt good helping our ageing population. I felt I was able to make a difference to our residents lives
Pros
Felt I was contributing
Cons
Not enough staff
Great team work from fellow staff members
Enrolled Endorsed Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD16 August 2017
As an Enrolled Nurse i have a love for the aged and a passion to meet their needs, many of the Nursing and care staff are very dedicated to the residents and provide the best nursing care possible.
Workload for a typical day is a lot for one nurse to be able to manage by themselves and very limited support from management.
The most enjyable part of my job was being able to provide genuine comfort and support to residents when needed.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Heavy work load
working in a nursing home
PCW/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD27 February 2017
I learnt a lot about caring in the nursing home working with the elderly and getting to know them creating bonds. I learnt great time management skills through this job.
misc
AIN- Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Helensvale, QLD22 June 2014
Working with Prescare is good, I love my job. The only con is im casual and don't get many hours
enjoyable workplace
Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 July 2013
I would arrive at work half an hour early to set up an prepare everything for the tasks i had to complete that day. I would phone contractors, do general maintenance around the aged care facility. My managers were always very helpful and keen for me too learn new skills on the job. I worked with all different people from different backrounds and cultures and enjoyed it alot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
good company to work for.
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  South East Brisbane30 November 2012
Starting at about 8ish, go to first client, either do housework, or shower someone.
They would have a pet, but generally if it's a shower, you assist, talking to the client, having a few laughs, learning what they like and dislike.
This goes on during the day, having cups of tea/coffee so you are socialising especially when they don't see many people, or they want to offload there problems.
And at other times you take someone shopping and assist them with lifting, helping to choose items.
Pros
coffee and chat
Cons
often the weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PresCare. Our community is ready to answer.