Prestige Inhome Care

30: Prestige Inhome Care Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Suburban Gem

Prestige really is a family friendly workplace. They are happy to be flexible within the scope of your work hours and are encouraging to employees to take up opportunities internally. The company is a diamond find for those looking for a great, progressive business locally.

Pros

Fantastic office space

Look elsewhere...

Working here was a shambles from the beginning. The management seemed like nice enough people but they were very disorganised and did not value you at all. The clients were mostly nice enough but it wasn't worth it for all the hassle involved.

Pros

Some nice clients.

Cons

Really long drives to clients and they didn't want to pay you for the travel, Not enough shifts, Very disorganised - hardly any regular/routine shifts, Calling you & springing shifts on you

Low paid position with limited to no career progression available

I left Prestige in-home care because the pay is below average for the disability industry. This is particularly evident when it comes to working nights and weekends. They'd often ring me up and offer me an additional shifts when I'd already worked a 12 hour shift or ask me to work a 1-2 hour shift that would be two hours away with no financial incentive. They'd get angry when you wouldn't just meet their demands.All the training was online and a lot of it wasn't paid training nor relevant to the job. The company uniform was docked out of my pay. The most annoying part of working for Prestige in-home care was being regularly underpaid and having to get backpay. Them not understanding that it's unreasonable to expect someone to agree to work more than 12 hours a day or travel two hours away for a 1 hour shift.

Pros

Cons

Corporate structure, unpaid training, low pay especially on weekends, poor communication, no support offered to staff

Awesome place to work

The Management are wonderful. They are very supportive and understanding. Fellow staff are friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed working with the clients and learned a lot.

Pros

Great management

Great Culture with Rewarding Work

Prestige management clearly hire with culture in mind. They have created a supportive, team orientated environment where employees feel valued and respected no matter what role they in. Caring for people is a rewarding job, but Prestige make it enjoyable too.

Pros

Fantastic training and facilities

Fast-paced, friendly workplace

Great company to work for. Face-paced working environment full of friendly people. Everyone works together to help each other out. Managers are very understanding.

A friendly, fun, faced paced environment

The client services team genuinely care for their clients and always place them at the centre. It makes the work enjoyable and rewarding. You are empowered to do you best work amongst a team of very friendly and hard working people. The faced paced environment can be a challenge but prestige offer the best supports and have a great team of managers

Pros

Treat staff very well with lunches and gifts, great managerial support, great office culture, friendly people, flexible working hours

Cons

Busy Christmas period

Excellent working environment and very supportive Team Members and Management.

It was an excellent experience working for Prestige Inhome Care.As a former employee I will strongly recommend this company to work for.Very professional and friendly staff and work ethic.

Pros

Opportunity for Personal Development (staff meetings), no problem with PPE delivery, Events for staff

Cons

only casual job :(

Fast paced, enthusiastic company who has a clear client focus

Working for Prestige over the last 12 months has been amazing! Their clear focus on client need and passion for supporting the community is a culture I have not experienced with any other community organisation. With the community focus and quality care, Prestige has grown quickly which unfortunately reduced my work life balance and my ability to provide quality care. Prestige is a great organisation, and even though it did not work out for me I will continue to recommend the organisation to others.

Pros

Inclusive culture, down to earth management

Cons

Large caseloads

Poor Management

I love my job and enjoy working as a PCA. However, the management at prestige is a joke. The only time they seem to ring you for work is when you’re already on a shift with a client. They NEVER ring you back when you call them, take shifts out without telling you or allocate your regular shifts to other people who your clients don’t even like... there seems to be zero communication between them as you’ll tell one person you can’t do a shift and next minute another person is ringing you asking to work the shift you declined. They need to refine their work practices as it frustrates their employees MASSIVELY.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

No guaranteed hours, poor management, low pay

At Prestige you can really make a difference every single day on the job!

Prestige was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I made the switch. My transition from residential aged care to in-home care was made so easy and simple by the lovely staff who supported my orientation.At Induction I felt like I was surrounded by my family and friends who truly care ( as we all had one objective) in this I received all the necessary tools to exceed in my role.I couldn't speak more highly enough of Jonathan and the entire Prestige team for their support with my commencement. My now on-going clients love having me come back each day and the coordinators did a great job of matching me up these clients super fast!

Pros

Excellent induction, roster build up fast, lots of hours!

Cons

Lots of calls from the team, communication could be improved upon here

What i learned

Great company, gave me an exciting opportunity to use my nursing skills and knowledge. To help my community and elderly people in their daily chores and personal care.

overall, an excellent company to work for

friendly and accommodating staffs; clean and very nice ambience of the office in moorabbin; helpful in providing informations needed; looks after the staffs' health and well-being especially in times of crisis (e.g. covid19)

Working at prestige taught me time management and patience with disable and old clients. The way you treat someone can bring about a change and that is something remarkable.

Pros

Assistance

Cons

Not getting enough hours

Wonderful experience

It is a wonderful experience working with Prestige. The staff are helpful and friendly and always respond to emergency situation. I do really enjoy my job as personal care assistant because it gives me satisfaction of looking after the elderly. Able to see them happy because I'm involved in some of the task, which is to playing game with them, singing a song with them to lighten their day.

Lack of Hours

They hardly give you any hours. The schedule constantly changes! They book you in for a shift and then take you out without notifying you and you just wasted time on travelling to the shift. Some of the carers are very inexperienced and it makes working in a team when one person has had no training and the whole team gets punished for it. The people in the office are actually super lovely but they lack communication

Prestige was a fairly good company

There was always heaps of shifts available The management was okay The hardest part of the job was losing a client because they'd passed away I loved caring for my clients, a very rewarding job

changed your daily schedule on you at the last minute

no communication with senior; management, phone staff who arrange your clients are not trained and have no idea on how to schedule a inhome carer in hours and distances between jobs. as a inhome carer they did not even show me the Prestige way to clean a clients home, bath them etc. overall very disappointed and i thoroughly enjoy working for the elderly.

Casual

Hi, It has been a pleasant experience. I feel important whe I work. Love to deliver my service to satisfy my client at all times. I'll keep sharing this great time with my team. Namaste

Glad I don’t work there any more

Staff culture 0/10 Clients were great most of the time but staff needed more training in hoisting i was often training them in manual handling when they should of already known how to use a hoist before commencing work

More work is needed within management to improve overall staff morale

Anyone wanting to work at pihc needs to be on the ball because it’s very competitive clients complaining about staff not turning up on tine management too slow to respond to clients complaints very negative place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Inhome Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Prestige Inhome Care