Prestige Inhome Care logo
Prestige Inhome Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Prestige Inhome Care Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Suburban Gem

Prestige really is a family friendly workplace. They are happy to be flexible within the scope of your work hours and are encouraging to employees to take up opportunities internally. The company is a diamond find for those looking for a great, progressive business locally.

Pros

Fantastic office space

Great Culture with Rewarding Work

Prestige management clearly hire with culture in mind. They have created a supportive, team orientated environment where employees feel valued and respected no matter what role they in. Caring for people is a rewarding job, but Prestige make it enjoyable too.

Pros

Fantastic training and facilities

Fast-paced, friendly workplace

Great company to work for. Face-paced working environment full of friendly people. Everyone works together to help each other out. Managers are very understanding.

A friendly, fun, faced paced environment

The client services team genuinely care for their clients and always place them at the centre. It makes the work enjoyable and rewarding. You are empowered to do you best work amongst a team of very friendly and hard working people. The faced paced environment can be a challenge but prestige offer the best supports and have a great team of managers

Pros

Treat staff very well with lunches and gifts, great managerial support, great office culture, friendly people, flexible working hours

Cons

Busy Christmas period

Excellent working environment and very supportive Team Members and Management.

It was an excellent experience working for Prestige Inhome Care.As a former employee I will strongly recommend this company to work for.Very professional and friendly staff and work ethic.

Pros

Opportunity for Personal Development (staff meetings), no problem with PPE delivery, Events for staff

Cons

only casual job :(

Fast paced, enthusiastic company who has a clear client focus

Working for Prestige over the last 12 months has been amazing! Their clear focus on client need and passion for supporting the community is a culture I have not experienced with any other community organisation. With the community focus and quality care, Prestige has grown quickly which unfortunately reduced my work life balance and my ability to provide quality care. Prestige is a great organisation, and even though it did not work out for me I will continue to recommend the organisation to others.

Pros

Inclusive culture, down to earth management

Cons

Large caseloads

Poor Management

I love my job and enjoy working as a PCA. However, the management at prestige is a joke. The only time they seem to ring you for work is when you’re already on a shift with a client. They NEVER ring you back when you call them, take shifts out without telling you or allocate your regular shifts to other people who your clients don’t even like... there seems to be zero communication between them as you’ll tell one person you can’t do a shift and next minute another person is ringing you asking to work the shift you declined. They need to refine their work practices as it frustrates their employees MASSIVELY.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

No guaranteed hours, poor management, low pay

At Prestige you can really make a difference every single day on the job!

Prestige was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I made the switch. My transition from residential aged care to in-home care was made so easy and simple by the lovely staff who supported my orientation.At Induction I felt like I was surrounded by my family and friends who truly care ( as we all had one objective) in this I received all the necessary tools to exceed in my role.I couldn't speak more highly enough of Jonathan and the entire Prestige team for their support with my commencement. My now on-going clients love having me come back each day and the coordinators did a great job of matching me up these clients super fast!

Pros

Excellent induction, roster build up fast, lots of hours!

Cons

Lots of calls from the team, communication could be improved upon here

What i learned

Great company, gave me an exciting opportunity to use my nursing skills and knowledge. To help my community and elderly people in their daily chores and personal care.

overall, an excellent company to work for

friendly and accommodating staffs; clean and very nice ambience of the office in moorabbin; helpful in providing informations needed; looks after the staffs' health and well-being especially in times of crisis (e.g. covid19)

Jobs at Prestige Inhome Care

See more jobs

Working at prestige taught me time management and patience with disable and old clients. The way you treat someone can bring about a change and that is something remarkable.

Pros

Assistance

Cons

Not getting enough hours

Wonderful experience

It is a wonderful experience working with Prestige. The staff are helpful and friendly and always respond to emergency situation. I do really enjoy my job as personal care assistant because it gives me satisfaction of looking after the elderly. Able to see them happy because I'm involved in some of the task, which is to playing game with them, singing a song with them to lighten their day.

Lack of Hours

They hardly give you any hours. The schedule constantly changes! They book you in for a shift and then take you out without notifying you and you just wasted time on travelling to the shift. Some of the carers are very inexperienced and it makes working in a team when one person has had no training and the whole team gets punished for it. The people in the office are actually super lovely but they lack communication

Prestige was a fairly good company

There was always heaps of shifts available The management was okay The hardest part of the job was losing a client because they'd passed away I loved caring for my clients, a very rewarding job

changed your daily schedule on you at the last minute

no communication with senior; management, phone staff who arrange your clients are not trained and have no idea on how to schedule a inhome carer in hours and distances between jobs. as a inhome carer they did not even show me the Prestige way to clean a clients home, bath them etc. overall very disappointed and i thoroughly enjoy working for the elderly.

Casual

Hi, It has been a pleasant experience. I feel important whe I work. Love to deliver my service to satisfy my client at all times. I'll keep sharing this great time with my team. Namaste

Glad I don’t work there any more

Staff culture 0/10 Clients were great most of the time but staff needed more training in hoisting i was often training them in manual handling when they should of already known how to use a hoist before commencing work

More work is needed within management to improve overall staff morale

Anyone wanting to work at pihc needs to be on the ball because it’s very competitive clients complaining about staff not turning up on tine management too slow to respond to clients complaints very negative place to work

good

good place to work. friendly office staffs. easily accessible. i think,their weekend pay rate is bit low when compared with other care providers. but overall, it offers a friendly workplace

Poor management and low wages

Whilst helping people is rewarding there is no job security in this industry. Wages are very low at prestige compared to other agencies. No security of ongoing shifts. The company is more concerned about making money than the client’s requests.

Official response from Prestige Inhome Care

5 September 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you feel this way about Prestige.At Prestige we offer casual, part-time and full-time positions for our carers. For those who choose part-time and full-time work their shifts are secured and ongoing. For carers looking for occasional work, casual is best, however in most instances you will have regular clients as this is best for both our carers and clients. We understand that each client is an individual, with specific needs. We know that security is important and that respect and empathy are critical. We value our clients and they can expect for us to deliver the highest possible standard of in-home care and client service.If you would like to discuss your feedback further please contact us on 1300 10 30 10.

Wide variety of clients, great company to work for

Prestige is the first Inhome care company I've worked for and are by far the best company to work for... given a wide variety of clients that you build a close friendship with that make your day. Company award you for your team effort by holding afternoon teas and regular team meetings which is a great way to work

Pros

Variety of clients, they recognise your team effort

Cons

I think for me its the drivng the distance for just 1hr or 30mins

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Inhome Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Prestige Inhome Care