Priceline Australia

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews

Australia308 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Very chill sometimes boring

A very slowed paced working environment and can sometimes get boring. I worked as a pharmacy assistant and a beauty advisor and on the days that we had no stock coke in for like 9 hours you just had to walk around the store and ask customer if they needed help + recovery on shelves, did get quite boring especially being there all day. Is super chill tho and got along with everyone most of them have been there for 5+ yrs, I was the only teen working thru the week so couldn’t really make work friends my age. Overall good job for partime but defs couldn’t do it every day

Fun place to work

Worked for 10+ years. easy work. sometimes management can be difficult due to it changing often but team is often experienced. Lots of goodies when working there.

Would not recommend

The managers that i had worked with were extremely rude and petty. The job itself was very repetitive and repeating the same movements for 5-6 hours straight with only 1 15 minute break!

Relaxed workplace with nice team members

Relaxed workplace with nice and helpful team members. Good management team. Trainings (products) provided from time to time which helps all team members to get to know more about the products

Amazing environment with subpar management

Whilst I loved the people I worked with and the general nature, management at this store was very harsh, and always targeted casual workers like myself who worked less than others. Got sacked for an unexplained reason even though the day prior was praised immensely and even discussed an increase in my role responsibilities, and was then ghosted following me reaching out.

Pros

Staff discount, great people

Cons

Awful management

Fun place to work

Not enough to cover living expenses pay was below average, management was supportive but depends who you work with, flexible with working hours. Pay could be better

Fabulous company to work for

Love Priceline….I was part-time Great set roster I chose no weekends Lovely store manager Great teamWas an uplifting experience being a team member I would recommend Priceline

Easy job but it really depends on management & co-workers

A typical day involves stock replenishment, working at the register & assisting customers. If you're a casual the hours are inconsistent, some weeks you get multiple full days in a row but other weeks you barely get any hours. Fine for students/those who want extra money but aren't reliant on their own income. Pay is slightly above minimum wage. There isn't much career progression. Stick to the pharmacy branches as they seem to be phasing the non-pharmacy stores out. Staff normally consist of all women which makes sense for a beauty retailer. If management doesn't like you then good luck getting shifts. Gossip and cattiness are rampant.The free samples are a nice bonus and also help you know the products. Staff discount is isn't great at 10% off but it applies to sale items too.

Pros

- Free samples, easy-going work culture, small staff discount

Cons

- A lot of cattiness, inconsistent hours, typical retail cons

Good and Bad

Liked the employees. They would rather hire more people then train the ones they have. Being on the register sucked. Hard to know where you stand with management

Pros

Free expired products

Cons

Standing all day at a register

worst workplace culture I've ever seen. staff are wannabe mean girls clique

Was good the first 2 weeks then everyone showed their true colours. Staff members who are mostly all female act like they're still in high school and are very neglecting of new employees. poor management and zero communication skills in the workplace. hours worked are always taken away which means you are underpaid. they will set you up for failure and won't give proper training.. after hours of work an employee will claim you haven't done anything for no particular reason.

Productive and Fun place to work

I absolutely love working at Priceline. My boss is great, as are my co workers! Customers are fantastic and there is always something to be done! I love that there is always more to be learnt when it comes to our products

Pros

Great perks through the sister club

Fun place because of your coworkers

It is a fun work place because of your coworkers, fast paced with Promotions always on so a lot to do with preparing for the promotions and putting up price tickets for sales.

Pros

Fun team environment

Cons

Typical retail cons

Fast paced . Stressful

Able to work under pressure, take a lot of abuse from clients. Work alone or with minimal staff support. In the current Covid pandemic era it can be very challenging.

Priceline Pharmacy Forest Hill

This Job honestly isn’t worth it. At the start they make you feel welcome but after 3 or more weeks they make you feel worthless and like you aren’t competent at your job. the job is fast paced but they give you a million and one jobs to do at once and get mad when it isn’t done. they do not care about family emergency’s or anyone having covid as long as it brings in the $$$. the poor mental health i had when leaving was not worth my time there. i never felt appreciated in the slightest. definitely consider your mental health before joining here. the only pro was the handful of friendships i made here.

Overworked and treated poorly

Very fast paced which is good always lots of things to do except they expect you to do 3 peoples work load and you are yelled at if you don’t finish it. Not allowed to take your breaks if you haven’t finished the job you are mid way through doing even though there’s plenty of staff that could take over or you can finish it after your break. No good for people entering into the pharmacy field you can’t ask questions without being screamed at. Very hard to learn new things as no one wants to help you without being nasty and frustrated with you. They’ll target employees bully them and bully anyone else who is nice to them. Not worth the minimum wage you will be paid.

Pros

Cons

Bully environment, rude staff, poor management.

Productive, fun workplace good management

It was great experience working in Priceline. I have learned a lot a lot about so many things. Makeup,skin care,hair care,vitamins, baby care etc. I got training for so many products. My speaking skills improved. Basically I groomed myself.

Pros

Free gifts, samples and sometimes free food

Fired me with no warning because I ‘asked for help too many times’

I just got fired because I apparently was not progressing enough only because I had to ask a few times how to do something in an area of the store I wasn’t very familiar with yet. I was fired with literally no warning during a ‘work review’, without a concrete excuse just a bunch of petty reasons that were honest mistakes despite never receiving any actual complaints when I was making them. I think they just hired me because they couldn’t find anyone else with more experience at the time and got rid of me as soon as my three month prohibition was up. It was honestly cruel and I’m very shocked, I didn’t expect being treated like that but I guess some people are just like that and will pretend to care just to get something out of you. Anyone else reading this please beware of employers doing this! Its not ok!Also some of the pharmacists were quite cold and condescending and made me feel uncomfortable and judged. The environment definitely felt a bit artificial when it came to staff interactions. I thought I was doing a good job, I enjoyed my interactions with the customers alot and a majority of them were very kind, some of the staff members were easy to get along with and positive to be around but in general I felt very unappreciated by the company (other than those few nice staff members)I just never really felt like they were enthusiastic about me being there other than at the start and only felt that the retail supervisors went out of their way to make me feel supported

Good Workplace, bad pay

The work environment was good and the staff were lovely however, the management is poor and the pay rate is not up to standard. No weekend rates or public holiday rates.

Pros

discount

Cons

pay

Good

Good place to work overall. Nice, fun, cool place to work. nice manager, interesting products. hardest part of the job was standing for long periods however that was a given

Pros

good place to work

Cons

Very stressful and toxic environment

Environment is not very nice. Management only care about you if they like you. They Expect you to do everything

Good job as a student, but no career progression

If you're a student (particularly if you're studying medical science or pharmacy), working for Priceline is a good place to gain customer service and healthcare experience. The best thing about the job is the team- having good co-workers makes working in retail enjoyable. The hours are flexible and easily accomodate a uni schedule, but the pay isn't great (i.e. minimum wage). Unless you want a career in retail or pharmacy, there are very few opportunities for career progression. Some of the companies (e.g. Blackmores, Natio etc...) do offer training days, but the workplace doesn't pay for you to attend them. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Priceline... But, I can't imagine myself working there forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Priceline Australia with