Priceline Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Fast paced, lovely girls on floor but…..

Lovely customers and girls on the floor are lovely to work with but you are just a number. Under paid for what you do. White coats and dispensary are always treated differently to the other staff. To much work with to short of time to complete. Unrealistic KPIs. Management try their best but owners do not care. It used to be a family first company but now all about the profits. Not paid for time you actually worked only rostered hours.

Cons

Under paid

terrible environment wouldnt recoment working here to anyone

a typical day at work was getting talked about badly by other co workers, boss/manager treating staff awfully, nothing to do all day, no training, high expectations and 0 reward for when you complete a 'job' properly. management so bad in desperate need of an update of management style and way of operation.

Pros

got to leave at the end of the day

Cons

everything

I loved working here so much

I loved working here so much, was a fun and friendly environment, the girls are all welcoming and willing to give you a hand when ever you’re in need. You get some amazing free items/ benefits

Pros

Free products

Cons

Past pace customer service

product nights xmas function and get togethers

The xmas parties where staff members had to dress up for example one year we had a pirate theme.the things l learned were different sorts of products there was a operation course that i really got a lot out of.it was retail operation s in 2 and 3generally l liked working at pricelinei seemed to get on with all staff and managersBut there were only a few times where l could not get onwith managers and staff

Poor management

Staff over loaded with tasks which can be seemingly impossible to manage alone for minimum wage. Not many benefits and lots of favouritism, if they don’t like you they will get rid of you. Not all Priceline’s are like this. However, Cockburn have a high turnover due to lack of development and support

Great company to work for

Lovely storeGreat staffGreat pay and conditions Love the uniform Learning everyday Always at least 3 on the floor Great support Absolutely loved it

Pros

Personal development

Management is horrible

I originally enjoyed working at Priceline but as the management constantly changed, I found it increasingly biased and the work culture was terrible. Managers blame you for their incompetency and constantly pit you against your co workers making it a stressful and competitive work environment that is unsuitable for employees to work together comfortably. When issues arise between staff members, the management is unable to resolve the problem and attempts to force employees to pretend everything is fine. Nevertheless, if you can put up with the terrible management and unnecessary stress, the job is fairly easy to pick up and pays well above the national wage.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Terrible and poor management

Not good

Doesnt treat you like you're important. Cares more about money than staff. Gossipy team. LOW rate of pay. Cant call in sick. Management has favourites.

Cons

Long hours, sick people always, major gossip

Wouldn’t Recommend

Overworked with ridiculously high expectations on staff. Very high stress environment with minimal training and support. Poor culture with rude and unprofessional management.

Pros

Hard to think of any

Cons

Almost everything

Rude and unwelcoming.

I’m going to assume this was just the store I worked for and hope that every other store manager/team is much better than the ones I had to deal with. I felt very unwelcomed, my manager didn’t seem to want to have a conversation with me, same as the staff members. I called in sick once and had all my hours taken from me and I also never received the uniform I ordered.

Cons

Rude/poor management and staff. No staff discount.

Easy work not too stressful

Enjoyable easy going work environment not much progression offered unless you push for it yourself suit someone without much ambition just wants to work at something they enjoy

Pros

Cohesive team

Cons

Late closes

Interesting and rewarding job

Loved working with medicine and learning something new everyday but it’s a shame manger to had to ruin it for me. When I raised issues it never mattered and many customers could visibly see this and would make comments. The manager had made many people leave due to the treatment of the employees.

Pros

Enjoyed the job itself and people I worked with

Cons

Stressful and you get nowhere in the company

Management team are a joke. They always choose their friends for promotions. So many issues with this company including lazy workers. Would not recommend working here at all.

Unfair treatment, ridiculous expectations with minimal staff on the day

What you see on the outside is all for show, hard to trust staff in this workplace, management is terrible which results in the store looking terrIble. No clear instructions to daily tasks, unfair treatment to staff only to benefit management, staff members blamed for things they aren’t involved in. Training procedures are useless. Shame that a place like Priceline should be a great company to work for, even with their new rebranding but diversity is still lacking and it doesn’t look like anyone is going to do anything about it anytime soon.

Pros

Nice staff discount

Cons

Terrible Management

Stressful job for nothing

underappreciated job with a lot of stress and responsibility for nothing to take. No one knows you from the management of head office. Also, too much physical and mental effort.

Pros

Near my house

Cons

unpaid breaks - no overtime - no other benefits - no career pathway

Bad place to work for!

Beware gossiping environment. If your sick they expect you to come in. Make you work over 6 days without consulting you. Favour employees that are friends of the manager if your not part of the group then you will get bullied and tried to be pushed out. No training given. No point complaining to h r it will make it worse for yourself.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Stressful

Avoid at all costs

I would only recommend working at Priceline to people you don’t like. The culture is so poor, I can honestly say it was the worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

Long hrs, no support, people in wrong management roles

Productive, fun employees to be around.

Open the store, count safe, do all paperwork and sign off on things that have been completed the day before. Count up a register and get one out for other team membersGo through if a catalogue needs to be scanned or set up for, organise any baskets of stock to be set up into "bins" for setting up of catalogue.Hardest part would be dealing with difficult customers that claimed they wouldn't come back.Our service was always amazing and we would go above and beyond to ensure customers are satisfied with their purchases.Management was always amazing, whenever I needed help if I was a little clueless there were many amazing store managers that would assist me. The staff were always awesome to work with, I could get along with almost everyone and never had an issue with someone.

Pros

Free samples of products

Poor culture

Priceline offers a good job if you are not dependant on income and dont mind how the individual (staff and customer) are treated by management. I may consider working again for priceline however I would choose the pharmacy more carefully

Pros

Staff relationships

Cons

Money, respect

Depends who the owner is

It really comes down to who the owner is and which store you are at with any pharmacy job you are going to walk into.. always be open minded and look at the big picture

Pros

Home time and staff discount

Cons

Retail manager lazy as.. owner having no idea how to run a business and still doesn’t.

Iove priceline corporate store

I worked at priceline Belmont WA for 11 years and loved it most of the time. Depending on who your manager is makes alot of difference. Had some horrid managers but also had fab ones. Made some lovely friends and absolutely miss working at the company store. Totally different culture to working at a Priceline pharmacy. Fun to work at and love the products. Treated well .

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

Some lazy staff members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Priceline Australia