Priceline Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

3.7Work–Life Balance

Ok

Time pressures and high brand expectations Very high task focused buisness. Worked my butt off for limited recognition within the brand. Ok money for retail

The staff were nasty to each other all the time??????

Didn't like working there staff all ganged up on who they didn't like & were rude to the customer without the customer you have know job I use to say they hated me for that cause I was friendly did a good job I was the one that got fired like any work place they hate the one that works hard put you done cause you do a good job wouldn't recommend working there as they are a culture of negative horrible people work in Brisbane City store hated it but of cause needed money so stayed till I got sacked for doing a good job

Not good

Doesnt treat you like you're important. Cares more about money than staff. Gossipy team. LOW rate of pay. Cant call in sick. Management has favourites.

Cons

Long hours, sick people always, major gossip

Rude and unwelcoming.

I’m going to assume this was just the store I worked for and hope that every other store manager/team is much better than the ones I had to deal with. I felt very unwelcomed, my manager didn’t seem to want to have a conversation with me, same as the staff members. I called in sick once and had all my hours taken from me and I also never received the uniform I ordered.

Cons

Rude/poor management and staff. No staff discount.

Bad place to work for!

Beware gossiping environment. If your sick they expect you to come in. Make you work over 6 days without consulting you. Favour employees that are friends of the manager if your not part of the group then you will get bullied and tried to be pushed out. No training given. No point complaining to h r it will make it worse for yourself.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Stressful

Biggest mistake of my life!

I was hired as a Beauty advisor for Priceline and was never properly trained on how to do tasks. It was extremely high demanding job that managers where never satisfied. They threw me in hoping I would just work it out for myself.. although I had no pharmacy background. I spent all but 4 days with another BA and I guess they thought it was enough training. The worst part about it is I never got to do anyone’s makeup!!!!!

supportive team , work well together as a team to achieve a positive outcome.

Priceline provides a very friendly environment for its workers, a supportive/motivated team. The job role provides a worker with higher skills in customer service.

Pros

benefits from a range of free products in store

Cons

rotation within store tasks

productive yet boring

A typical day at this job consisted of both happy and angry customers, slow business and a lot of nothing to do. Unless you were assigned to be on the floor, behind the register I would be cleaning constantly until a customer approached. However, working on the floor would allow me to be a lot more helpful and interactive with people. This job was enjoyable as a sales assistant. I enjoyed working with customers and having the opportunity to help them with their shopping requirements. As this was my first job, I learnt how to deal with unsatisfied customers. This was the hardest part of the job but this is something that happens in any job and you should only learn how to deal with it rather than take offence. The workplace was a very clean and safe workplace.

Could Be Better

I worked for Priceline for a couple of years and felt like it's a little bit of a toxic and un-moving business culture. A lot of people who work there are either teens or older ladies who are boring and treat their job like it's their life and they are somehow so special. I felt like every day at work was so boring. Everyone was always in the same mood and nothing changes.

Pros

working around beauty products and get to learn about them more

Cons

boring job, boring people

depends what franchise you get

I'm not sure what company stores and other franchises are like but the franchise I was with was a horrible place, bullied for 3 years with no action taken, was not a good place to work at all.

General place to work.

The amount of joy you get out of working at Priceline Pharmacy depends solely on the Pharmacy owners/partners. Corporate-non-pharmacy seems much better to work at as the follow procedure without question.

Pros

good support from corporate as they provide training

Cons

pharmacy partners/owners who only care about money and break procedure or policy to do so.

Company is good

I was there for a long time so I could do pretty much everything, learnt a lot. Typical day was slow at my work. Job was not hard.

Pros

Employees

Cons

Pay

Enjoyable Atmosphere

Working as a retail assistant is a job that I enjoy the most, I love working and helping customers on a day to day basis. A typical day at work would be helping customers that need assistant or just having a casual conversation with them at the registers, seeing a smile on there faces when leaving would be a highlight as then I know I've done all I can to help. You learn different things every day working in retail such as: how to deal with difficult customers, stocking new products on shelves, meeting the stores KPI and also learning things of other workers. Management would be the most important in retail especially time management - trying to get your allocated work done on time while assisting and helping out customers and employers. Working as a team makes things so much easier working in retail as you get more things done and on time and also learning new things of them. The hardest part of retail would be dealing with difficult customers, but with a great solution would be a great outcome. The most enjoyable part of working in retail would seeing customers smile when leaving the store then you know you've done a good job in helping them.

fun workplace

serve people management was great co workers were easy to work with enjoyed working in a team the hardest part of this job was the traveling distance from home every morning

Working with products and customers

A typical day at work included, opening up the shop and pulling out all the shelves and setting up the shop! Making sure things look tidy for customers. Count the float before you start, check with the manager everything is fine and start working on the registers! If your not on the registers and your doing customer service you always have to make sure the customers requirements and needs are met, always helping them with what their looking for and the best part is giving them advice for the best product to suit them. If there's no customers you have to walk around the shop to face and fill the shelves and also check the stock room to make sure all the stock has been filled on the shelves. I learned that you have to really know what your selling that way you can help out the customers as much as possible and they trust you then keep coming back. If your a loud and outgoing person and your customer is more quiet and shy its good to adjust your personality to theirs so it doesn't scare them off or in other cases bore them. The management is about making sure everyone is doing their part and contributing as a team. The manager is also the one who deals with refunds, complaints and teaching the juniors what they should be doing. Co- workers helped me a lot when I was new, they let me know where everything was, what to do if something went wrong and they helped me when I wasn't sure about something. They were all very approachable and and made the workplace a much more fun environment to be in for me and the customers. The hardest part of the job would be when there is a rush of -

Pros

Free Products!

Cons

Unexpected long days

Productive and Fun workplace

Typical day at work is very busy, I learn something new every day. You do get some weird, rude customers but I love the regulars. our store is like a family, all co-workers have eachothers backs through everything. Generally really awesome place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Priceline Australia