Priceline Australia

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC20 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

not bad for a first job

good first job i guess but they basically left you up the front with no task to complete throughout shift. also wasn’t educated on products so was difficult to help customers.

Great workplace

Great benefits and environment. Great management and fun to work for. Consistency in management and procedures and all round a great place to work. I loved my time there

Priceline Australia insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Great people in the workplace. Bad management.

You’ll find the best team here, although management in the store generally is bad. No communication, not nice, no progression in your career. Base pay but you’re doing so much more for less. Wouldn’t recommend, maybe as a first job.

Fun place to work

Not enough to cover living expenses pay was below average, management was supportive but depends who you work with, flexible with working hours. Pay could be better

Fired me with no warning because I ‘asked for help too many times’

I just got fired because I apparently was not progressing enough only because I had to ask a few times how to do something in an area of the store I wasn’t very familiar with yet. I was fired with literally no warning during a ‘work review’, without a concrete excuse just a bunch of petty reasons that were honest mistakes despite never receiving any actual complaints when I was making them. I think they just hired me because they couldn’t find anyone else with more experience at the time and got rid of me as soon as my three month prohibition was up. It was honestly cruel and I’m very shocked, I didn’t expect being treated like that but I guess some people are just like that and will pretend to care just to get something out of you. Anyone else reading this please beware of employers doing this! Its not ok!Also some of the pharmacists were quite cold and condescending and made me feel uncomfortable and judged. The environment definitely felt a bit artificial when it came to staff interactions. I thought I was doing a good job, I enjoyed my interactions with the customers alot and a majority of them were very kind, some of the staff members were easy to get along with and positive to be around but in general I felt very unappreciated by the company (other than those few nice staff members)I just never really felt like they were enthusiastic about me being there other than at the start and only felt that the retail supervisors went out of their way to make me feel supported

Productive, fun employees to be around.

Open the store, count safe, do all paperwork and sign off on things that have been completed the day before. Count up a register and get one out for other team membersGo through if a catalogue needs to be scanned or set up for, organise any baskets of stock to be set up into "bins" for setting up of catalogue.Hardest part would be dealing with difficult customers that claimed they wouldn't come back.Our service was always amazing and we would go above and beyond to ensure customers are satisfied with their purchases.Management was always amazing, whenever I needed help if I was a little clueless there were many amazing store managers that would assist me. The staff were always awesome to work with, I could get along with almost everyone and never had an issue with someone.

Pros

Free samples of products

ungrateful, bullies

My personal experience here was absolutely awful. Management and head office have a lack of knowledge on how staff should be treated, which is reflective in their yearly turnover

Pros

Cons

management, wages, no incentives

Enjoyable Workplace, Customer Service

I only worked here for a week as part of 1-week work experience when I was in High School. A typical day at work involves restocking the shelves, helping customers find products, helping at the registers etc. I learnt how to greet customers, restocking shelves accordingly.

Pros

Easygoing

Cons

Long Hours

satisfaction

Rewarding as I could help so many customers with choosing the right vitamins at the right price, also helping customers to decide on the benefit of the healthcare products and yet educate customers to care for their health. Other days we show our empathy about the situations that our clients goes through trying to bring a smile to them and connecting with them.

team work ,support,opportunity to learn,regular trainings

Great team communication ,management support,opportunity to gain knowledge ,Fun ,challenge to meet customers needs , using creativity for new display , planograms etc

Pros

great team work

Cons

dealing with abusive customers

free travelling

I have worked there for a long time and I learned so many things such how to do vacuum, toilet cleaning, mope, various chemicals used. I like management.

Pros

free travelling

Cons

low hours

A great place to work, enjoyable and rewarding

I volunteered at Priceline Pharmacy for the Women's Foundation promotion in 2015 and it was a very rewarding an enjoyable experience. Management was extremely welcoming and friendly. I enjoyed the entire process, I was able to interact with interesting people and promote a great cause.

Pros

friendly staff and environment

Cons

nothing really stands out

be open to change

the city is busy you need to be alert and a confident seller! managers are great friendly (if they are still the same) there are plenty of ways to move up and grow

great people and I have enjoyed working there

A typical day at work involves facing the shelves, and stocking shelves. Serving customers and serving on resister. Work place culture is friendly and inviting. the most enjoyable part of this job is helping the customers, because I enjoy helping solve there questions, and sharing my knowledge of beauty products and skin care. As well as being challenged. For example if I am unable to help them with there problem, I like to learn by watching how my co workers deal with the situation or what they recommend as an alternative.

Pros

great manager and co workers

Great place to work...good vibe.. Always different event happening in store

I have worked at priceline for many years doing various roles.I left in November of 2008 to have my daughter who is almost 8 now and I have more flexibility to return to a retail role... I loved working for priceline and would like to return to there or in a similar role in either pharmacy or department store

Pros

Room for advancement

Poor management

Went for christmas casual interview. Received a call from priceline and was offered for a position in bourke st,vic. Submitted all the documents immediately and received a call this morning that they are not able to offer me the position due to the international student visa restrictions. During interview the priceline staffs were aware that I am on student visa. So why bother to call and give false hope. Huge disappointment.

not productive enough prefer to keep busy

i thought that there needed to be managers who controlled the situation better and allocated more work to colleges staying on register did not keep you busy enough i have always wanted to work harder i want a job that will higher me if there going to keep me busy 24/7.

Cons

Enjoyable to work with beauty products

A typical day at work will be participating in many tasks such as register duties or doing stock. I have learnt to work under pressure when it got busy and I have learnt about many different products within the store. I am a very cooperative person to work with and always wiling to help out my team members. I didn't find anything difficult about my job it was fairly straight forward as I have been working there since 2013. I really enjoyed working with the products as I gained background information on how to sell a product.

Relaxed environment

A typical day at work is fairly relaxed, my colleagues are a lively bunch! I have gained valuable retail skills and employee-customer relationship etiquette. Management is the reason why the atmosphere is so relaxed as they are quite down to earth and understanding. co-workers were obviously employed for a reason, which reflects on their jovial nature and optimistic outlook on how to perform at the best of their ability whilst enjoying work at the same time. I wouldn't say there is necessarily anything hard about the job, maybe when i first started it was hard initially getting used to being as confident and as bubbly as can be around new customers, but that is not an issue anymore as i have gained valuable experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new personalities every day and just being able to help!

Productive, always learning, fun, meet new people

Customer service, putting out stock, marking off directs, stock counting and ordering stock.always keeping my isle clean (house keeping)Friendly staff we all got along, worked well together.Hardest part of the job would be trying to always juggle so many tasks in one day.Enjoyable part of my job is recommending cosmetics to customers and being able to try it on and knowing the lastest trends.

Pros

free cosmetic gifts

Cons

heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Priceline Australia with

Learn about Priceline Australia in Melbourne VIC

• Priceline Australia
  • Melbourne VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?