Priceline Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

3.7Work–Life Balance

fast paced environment

Loved working for Priceline. If you love a fast paced work environment and have a passion for customer service then it is a great job. Lovely group of people to work with everyday.

Biggest mistake of my life!

I was hired as a Beauty advisor for Priceline and was never properly trained on how to do tasks. It was extremely high demanding job that managers where never satisfied. They threw me in hoping I would just work it out for myself.. although I had no pharmacy background. I spent all but 4 days with another BA and I guess they thought it was enough training. The worst part about it is I never got to do anyone’s makeup!!!!!

One of the best jobs I’ve had. Great company to work for they support their staff ensuring product is available and signage and promotional materials.

One of the best jobs I’ve had. Great company to work for they support their staff ensuring product is available and signage and promotional materials and products are all regularly updated which supports the sales staff in securing sales. Great team environment where everyone helps each other to get stuff done, And has fun while doing so and they offer very attentive and friendly customer service Plus a fantastic product range Plus a fabulous product range of skincare, cosmetics

Decent Workplace

bad on your knees and back, can be slow and customers can be rude but if you have a good boss and work mates youre fine. doing unders and organising shelves are boring, chemist warehouse is a huge competitor.

Very Busy Very Fast Paced

Very Busy Very Fast Paced, always short staffed, but at the time my work mates were the best thing about being there. We made working there fun and happy

Productive & fun workplace

The workers there were fun to be around. The customers displayed a great atmosphere. There were always weekly sales and promotions for me and our team members.

Regret

I regret working for Priceline. The management is AWFUL, they do not care about their employees one bit. They were so strict, I wasn’t allowed to talk to other employees in the store. I wasn’t allowed to go out of my designated aisle. And they would watch us on the cameras, so you couldn’t even try. So I would spend all day, every day, in my 1 aisle, without talking to any other staff. It was miserable. The training was also pretty slack, as this was my first pharmacy job I expected some training within the store, but they left me to my own devices. And just like a lot of other staff, working for Priceline made my depression and anxiety go through the roof. I’m happy I don’t work there now, but if I could go back in time, I would’ve never applied there. I wasted too many months of my life being sad and miserable, and they were months I will never get back. As for pros and cons, I can’t even say the staff discount is a pro, because it’s so low that you’re always better off buying something that’s on sale and paying the same price as the customer.

Pros

You get paid (the most minimum they could possibly legally pay you)

Cons

Rewarding and fun place to work

Great Branch and great people to work with . Wide range of products some exclusive to Priceline with support and training allowing delivery of fantastic customer service. Frequent promotions and sale campaigns.

Pros

10% Staff Discount and good team culture

Excellent work and life balance with great opportunities for those who are willing to learn. You will get back what you give while working with a great bunch of girls!

Cons

Not the greatest pay

Teamwork

It doesn’t feel like you are working when you work in an environment that feels like home and have colleagues who treat you like family. I do grow old with you; Priceline Pharmacy World Square.

Pros

Get to see, touch and feel new product before it goes on the floor in public

Cons

Salaries

Its ok..

I have worked at Priceline for 6 years now for different owners. It is obviously easier at some stores then others. Its usually constantly a busy store. Pros - Friends - Meeting new customers - Working with new products - Building rapport with customers Cons - Management/owners can be hard - You get put on shifts not in your workplace agreement and are expected to do the shift - Minimum wage - Have to seek most knowledge yourself - Expected to assist in areas that are not your department

Professional Space

I liked how everyone who worked at priceline always put effort into their appearances as well as customer service well-being. The atmosphere at priceline isn't overbearing like most makeup stores yet it's not as dingy as your regular drug stores.

Pros

Proffesionalism

Warm friendly workplace

It really is like becoming part of a family. It is such a shame that upper management in the eastern states have no idea and constantly change things for no reason and make it very difficult for us to run the store.

Pros

Wonderful friendly colleagues and customers

Cons

Short staffed, high volume of theft

customers always satisfied

really placed high level of customer important. Staff always training staff members on their products. Communication from management to staff was on point and as a result staff were well informed and pleasant to work with.

Pros

communication

Cons

standing long periods of time

Company is good

I was there for a long time so I could do pretty much everything, learnt a lot. Typical day was slow at my work. Job was not hard.

Pros

Employees

Cons

Pay

Great company to work for

Fast paced and fun work environment. Great on the job Training. be a part of a team with helpful management. time management is required to complete lots of different tasks

Team workplace

Tasks include sales floor ticketing, receiving purchase orders, refilling shelf stock Working at Priceline has taught me to be self-motivated and provided me with interpersonal and supervisory skills

Great place to work...good vibe.. Always different event happening in store

I have worked at priceline for many years doing various roles.I left in November of 2008 to have my daughter who is almost 8 now and I have more flexibility to return to a retail role... I loved working for priceline and would like to return to there or in a similar role in either pharmacy or department store

Pros

Room for advancement

Priceline are a great company to work for.

very supportive company that provided great training. i enjoy working in customer service and believe in the Priceline goal.

Pros

discount, product up skill and samples

Cons

management

productive and can be fun

typical day, filling, facing and stock learned customer service and how to fulfill customers needs co-workers are amazing completing work together as a team was the most enjoyable part of the job

Pros

staff

Productive and Fun Workplace

It was great! I learnt alot about management, the store and it was also enjoyable. I found that I was excited to work my shifts and was comfortable with my colleagues as they were all friendly and welcoming - the hardest part of the job was the uncertain amount of hours given in a week and dealing with difficult customers who steal from the store as we are located in the city.

Pros

15 Minute Breaks Every 4 Hours

Cons

Unset Shift Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Priceline Australia
  • Beauty Consultant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?