Priceline Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Priceline Australia Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

3.7Work–Life Balance

I loved working here so much

I loved working here so much, was a fun and friendly environment, the girls are all welcoming and willing to give you a hand when ever you’re in need. You get some amazing free items/ benefits

Pros

Free products

Cons

Past pace customer service

terrible environment wouldnt recoment working here to anyone

a typical day at work was getting talked about badly by other co workers, boss/manager treating staff awfully, nothing to do all day, no training, high expectations and 0 reward for when you complete a 'job' properly. management so bad in desperate need of an update of management style and way of operation.

Pros

got to leave at the end of the day

Cons

everything

Great company to work for

Lovely storeGreat staffGreat pay and conditions Love the uniform Learning everyday Always at least 3 on the floor Great support Absolutely loved it

Pros

Personal development

Rude and unwelcoming.

I’m going to assume this was just the store I worked for and hope that every other store manager/team is much better than the ones I had to deal with. I felt very unwelcomed, my manager didn’t seem to want to have a conversation with me, same as the staff members. I called in sick once and had all my hours taken from me and I also never received the uniform I ordered.

Cons

Rude/poor management and staff. No staff discount.

Very productive and inclusive to all team members.

Overall, the experience that i have had by working at Priceline Australia had been extremely knowledgable and insightful towards my way of life and have been brought out of my comfort zone by being able to talk to customers more regularly as i was very nervous talking to people i didn't know.

Fun quiet workplace environment

- opening the shop and organizing it for the day - managing customer service and behind the counter (multitasking skills) - opening and serving at the fragrance cabinet. - keeping the stock forward and clean throughout the day to minimize clean up in the afternoon. - receiving scripts to pass onto the pharmacist (regarding brands) and translating any notes or comments regarding medication. - always keeping an eye on the front counter, and never leaving it vacant, always being cautious of the floor and aware of surroundings. - greeting every customer upon entry and acknowledging their needs and if they need any assistance. - final pack up and cleanup of front till, dispensary, wiping benches and taking out bins. - leaving the shop in how it was found and allowing the next employee to experience the same equal clean organised space. - the most challenging part of the job was probably weekend shifts at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon when I was multitasking the front till and the dispensary and had to manage the whole shop in a safe orderly fashion.

Work environment

Priceline has a friendly and welcoming environment. - improved customer service skills - good interaction with customers - counting stocktake - keeping everything neat and tidy

Great learning experience

Was a lovely way to start a job within sales the people withing priceline were very friendly and always ready to give a hand when othert were struggling.

Pros

Friendly peers

Cons

not as much training

Terrible

Manager was horrible, she was verbally abusive and incorrectly payed me I was never comfortable working there feeling pressured and nervous particularly when the manager was there

productive yet boring

A typical day at this job consisted of both happy and angry customers, slow business and a lot of nothing to do. Unless you were assigned to be on the floor, behind the register I would be cleaning constantly until a customer approached. However, working on the floor would allow me to be a lot more helpful and interactive with people. This job was enjoyable as a sales assistant. I enjoyed working with customers and having the opportunity to help them with their shopping requirements. As this was my first job, I learnt how to deal with unsatisfied customers. This was the hardest part of the job but this is something that happens in any job and you should only learn how to deal with it rather than take offence. The workplace was a very clean and safe workplace.

Low pay

I only get payed $10 an hour, no shifts. Looking for a different job. Manager is rude to all the employees and its just an overall sad job.. my location is isolated so there’s no option

Pros

No shifts

Cons

No shifts

Good experience opportunity

I worked here for about 6 months and loved dealing with the wide range of customers. Over a short amount of time I found that I gained much knowledge about the products I was selling

Pros

Staff Discount, Product Knowledge

Productive and fun place to work at

I work as a sales assistant this includes, register duties, Strong customer service skills to reach targets, tiding the store, doing stock, writing missing tickets, doing stock take as well.

Pros

Loverly people

Cons

There is non

fun workplace

I have so many friends at my workplace and everyone working there is really approachable and is always encouraging me to be better everyday and provide my personal best.

fun workpace

a typical day at Priceline was fun and enjoyable it never really felt like work just you spending time with mates and helping people make choices they will love the pay rates could be a bit better I was on low money each week and would be taxed a lot

Pros

really great enviroment

Cons

they took on new managment

Straightforward job at a chemist

Working at a chemist required an understanding of the products in order to provide feedback and advice to customers. I learned how to socialize usefully and professionally with customers. Working on the floor involved stocking shelves and making each aisle presentable, which gave me skills in multitasking. In being a chemist, it was important to provide customers with the best advice for their health. The hardest part of the job was being asked very specific questions about products that I may have needed more experience to answer with. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.

Pros

Discounts, friendly co-workers

Cons

spending an entire shift at the register

great staff

Loved the staff that I worked with and the mall staff and customers were amazing. I loved going to work and no two day was the same. I learnt great team work, communication skills as well as customers service skills.

Very productive and fun workplace, everyone is very welcoming and we all get along!

If there’s any struggles with anything there’s no need to stress because you will not get into trouble as everyone is very understanding and they will help you understand it. Everyone is very welcoming, there’s a very friendly environment.

Pros

Welcoming and understanding environment

good pharmacy

Priceline is a good pharmacy to work at because it has a huge range of stock. As I did work experience there, i got to earn a lot about sales and about the stock

fun workplace, good vibe most of the time, great first job.

being the victim of workplace bullying was one of the reasons i am no longer working there. Yet it was a great work family with all different bonds and connections. makeup and beauty was my passion so i thoroughly enjoyed what i was doing when i had the chance. Unfair work as i had been working there for almost 2 years and people who had worked less that me were getting promotions i wasnt getting all the benefits and shifts, opportunities and training i should have gotten. The pay was amazing Managers were a little unorganised but very welcoming and friendly.

Pros

gifts, use of some products, pay benefits

Cons

not enough hours, unfair work, biased to the employees

Productive fun workplace environment

The days start slow during the mornings but gradually picks up the pace. Serve customers and have a friendly talk with them. Work ethics was fine no much of a big issue. No conflicts between customers nor colleagues. Most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priceline Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Priceline Australia