Prices Plus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Prices Plus Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Very flexible, friendly staff, fast paced, never boring and also great for a starter job. Not many hours, not a good source of income if living out of home.
I hated working for prices plus. My time and effort there went un-noticed. Head office were rude and made you feel like you were not competent in anything you do and I ended up with terrible mental health and anxiety due to them. The turn around of staff there just goes to show how bad the company is and nothing was ever done about it. For a $2 store the policies they have are ridiculous. To them you are just another employee, you won’t advance in the company and they will replace you straight away if something happened to you. Think before applying for a company like this.
I had no issues working there. Staff was friendly and always want to give a hand. Hours where good about 8 hours or so long. Pay is about the same as all the Luther retail shops.
Management is an absolute mess. Changing rosters for permanent part time employees with less than a days warning. Managers don't stay in the store during their work hours leaving regular employees without supervision. Management does not care about the store or their employees, only what time they knock off. Very mean and unfair management.
Toxic workplace because of management, avoid at all costs.
Working at Prices plus was a very easy going place to work for. I loved the way it was run by management. the few things that I learnt from working at Prices plus was how handle money and customer service.
I enjoyed working for this company they do have a good and fair policy regarding family. They were only a phone call away for support. The work was hard and fast paced you could be a manager and run your store to its full potential.
This company over the past couple of years has progressed immensely, personally surprised and extremely proud to have gained experience in beginning of early stages to prices plus production. successfully showing there fierce retail competition Australia wide .This business posses a clutter free, organised environment with great first time experience employment options.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Difficult Tedious Customers at times
Prices Plus is a good enough starting point for anyone who is looking for a flexible, low/medium paced job. It's a really good starting place to learn all the skills you need for other jobs.
Fun environment, but not much room to move up the corporate ladder. Great team dynamic and a calm environment to work in. Slow and steady paced. Cool stock in the stores and willingness to accommodate customers.
Pros
Freedom to shuffle stock and re-do displays
Cons
Lots of damaged stock
Cash Handling, payroll, stocktaking, staff management, coaching and training, store security and theft prevention, stock handling, replenishment and merchandising, achieve budgets
Some days were good but some were not. No communication between staff what so ever, The pay was never on time as promised. Not enough shifts for part timers
You build your confidence with customers and create friendships with your work mates. They teach you about store security and how important it is as well as store cleanliness.
Pros
The store is right beside woolworths so getting food for lunch is very easy.
Cons
I don't recieve enough hours.
A lady that shop lifted regularly at the store had came to shop around i was given the duty to call security to one of the aisle the lady was approaching i attended the cash tilt to serve customers as i served this lady who was known for shop lifting at the store i then asked to see the customers handbags as she was leaving the store
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
long hours always on my feet
Working there i enjoyed the employees but very few of the managers. Some of the managers where terrible and unorganised and harassed staff, the store was not organised. I found working there depressing.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Terrible Managers
long hours with inadequate break times/duration's. Doing the job of a Store Manager and getting paid at a part time rate. Horribly run company filled with Managers incapable of completing and distributing Tasks
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Horrible Management, Huge work load.
Workplace is very good to work in, has a productive. To which they get the job done with the best results, as well as, the management is satisfactory.
Overall company is a good company to work for, there is always something new coming in with stock.
Stores presentation through out is overall really well organised
Cons
Management not dealing with issues appropriately
its was easy i was just pricing product and dealing with customers and stacking shelf's i enjoy this job i got along with everyone the hardest part of the job is moving product around
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short hours
The job was good but the work conditions werent that great. There was no aircon, and in summer, i felt like i was sweating through our thick uniforms, we were always asked to wear long black pants and to look tidy which is reasonable, but there were no fans to cool the workers down. The staff were generally pretty nice except for the rare occasion i felt a bit left out. i enjoyed serving customers and meeting new friends.
Pros
Making my own money
Cons
I wasnt fully comfortable
I really have been missing to work at prices plus I just really loved it but what made me leave was the manager & the 2nd IC was having argument's & putting other workers in the middle of it. I was really good at what I was told as well as the work I was doing & with customer service, then they put myself as the 3rd IC.
I loved this job with the customer service side I loved interacting with the customers and helping anyway I can. Had it's busy days which could be a nightmare with how small the shop was but it was always challenging and fun never a dull moment when working there.