Probe Group

Probe Group Employee Reviews

Australia114 reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Enjoy wasting your life

If you want to stare at your desk, get talked at and hit copy and paste for 8 hours all while being paid minimum wage then this is the job for you. :)

Great People; Management Not So Good

I love the people I work with, the pay is despicable, really find the job stressful, hours can be frustrating, cost of parking prohibiting, and the job culture is not conducive to long term employment.

Pros

Good people at the bottom

Cons

Pay is really, really low.

Not enough training

We are not given enough training to do the high intensity call centre job we are required to do. No tea milk or coffee offered in the break room either

Pros

Cons

Pay, workload

No one is indispensable.

The company doesn’t value its employees. Many employees leave because they are not compensated well. There’s too much politics going on. Employees have to beg to get an increase even when they haven’t had a raise for more than 2 years. And when you do ask, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get it . The company doesn’t value loyalty. Good employees leave because of very little pay and the company let’s go without even offering a raise. The company prefers a big turnover to retaining valuable employees.

Helps up your Customer Service skills

Work was stressful not gonna lie, I was constantly on the look out to be fired for not doing my job correctly or doing something wrong that may cause for termination. But that may just be me... Team leaders and peer support was very good, though there is a long wait due to lots of other workers needing help which is fair enough. Overall the people there are very supportive, I had fun getting to know my team. Shifts are very structured, you have a blueprint to follow in your daily work to help solve and answer customer questions.

Corporate culture creates burnout

Lack of understanding and respect for how different people respond to change.Very poor customer service focus for a job serving Australian public and the lack of empathy for employees

Pros

Flexibility for school hours

Cons

Poor leadership and pay rates

Micromanaged

Working at probe was very stressful . It destroyed my mental health ... They don’t care about you ... Team leaders are not very supportive ...

Pros

Wfh

Cons

They don’t care

bad management culture

the training is inadequate for the job.they tell you you'll learn on the job! management only care that you make them look good,customer service is a secondary .

Pros

nice co-workers

Cons

dropped in the deep end

Sub Par Call Centre Environment

Decent WFHHorrible managementGovernment contract meant that it looks very good on a resume however it put a lot of people through the ringer.Team leaders try but are bogged down by too much work & too little time.

Seems alright

The interview process was relatively easy; took a couple of days then I was pretty much good to go. Pay seems pretty fair as well. The hours seem a bit crazy though

Pros

Work from home

Decent call center company

There was the ability to work from home during the pandemic which was nice. You can take extra shifts if you want. Shifts were full day 7-8 hours. There was some training and there was a support team to help you. However the work environment is very fast paced, I was taking an extremely high volume of calls with minimal resting time in between.

Cons

Little rest between calls

Can't faulter anyone

Team leader is extremely supportive. Management very supportive I have health issues and they are so accomodating. No job to big and no job to small...

Pros

Caring Staff. Social club lots of fun

Cons

Can't think anything.

One of the worst jobs of my life

Management was terrible. Onlythough about KPI’s. The team leaders had the worst attitude. Everyone in management thought they were superior and treated everyone else like trash. High turnover rate but I don’t think they even care. Would not recommend, staying on job seekers is better.

Added stress without the added dollars

Great company to just get in, zone out and earn some cash between jobs. Absolutely hopeless for getting compensated fairly for the amount of work you undertake.

Horribly managed call centre

Management is a bunch of 20 year olds who only promote their buddies to higher management roles. Instead of fixing the work environment from top down, to improve productivity, probe has suspended everyone’s monthly bonus’s to save money.

It was a good job to start off.

You will find everyone wants to progress and people and willing to step on other people to get what they want. If you want a job where you get in and get out and get paid bare min then this is for you. Too many people used and then chucked back to their csr roles when not needed. It was good to start but realised there are way better opportunities out there.

Stressful & Underpaid

This company is not great. Not paid anywhere near the same as others who do the same job at your outsourced place of work. Team leader's who don't care with no work life balance. No regard for any of the people that work under them. Unrealistically high KPI’s and expectations with absolutely no recognition. Leave is never approved on time, even when given time to do so. Extremely high turnover rate for a reason. Inadequate training, and then wonder why you struggle to do the job. The only pro of this place is the amazing people I have met and bonded with over how pathetic this company is.

Good diversity bad pay for the stress

Good benefits such as diversity, well structured/scheduled job, easy to have time offCan be very mentally exhausting and low pay for the stress. Management can be supportive such as mental health apps, food, events etc

Fast-pace environment with minimum salary

Overall the people that work at Probe is what makes it enjoyable, it is a good place to meet people and make friends, but its not good for establishing a career, and the pay is under the average for what you would get paid in similar roles elsewhere ($45,000-$48,000 Australian)

Probe it's good if you don't care

Not a permanent job only good for temporary position while doing uni or looking for another job. The management is bad but the people who work there with you such a team members.

Dont be fooled the clients are not important

Insufficient training that then flows to the customer.Unrealistic expectations and constant nagging to improve Old and outdated systems and hopeless IT supportPay is so low its ridiculous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Probe Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Probe Group with

• Probe Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?