Public Outreach
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Public Outreach Employee Review

More than a job: this place is my home

2 May 2019
Half a decade ago I was lost. I had no direction in my life, trying odd jobs here and there and constantly failing. I didn't work hard at anything because I didn't think anything was worth it. I secured an interview at Public Outreach and thought to myself, "here we go. Just another marketing agency that will use me, abuse me, and dump me." I couldn't have been more wrong. From day one I've been treated like a real human being. I have been given opportunities and a career I never thought was possible for myself, all while helping to make the world a better place through fundraising for amazing charities. This company is a family, and every single day when I wake up I'm excited to go to work and be with people who genuinely share my passion for a better world. Yes the work can be hard at times. But changing the world is never easy. Yes you can get rejected a lot as a fundraiser. But now I can face anything life throws at me with drive and positivity. Yes there are targets to meet. But they are more than achievable and they've taught my to manage my time and be resilient. I have had the absolute privilege of travelling and living all over this great country because of Public Outreach. I met the best friends I could ever ask for through working here. I even met my life partner here! If you want to become a better communicator, open amazing doors in the charity sector (and life in general), or learn how to be the best version of yourself than you can be - I strongly recommend giving this company a shot. Your future self will thank you immensely for - more...
Pros
Culture, pay, career opportunities
Cons
Working towards targets and meeting new people every day is not for everybody
27 June 2019
Same role
Manager (Current Employee) - Perth WA
Public outreach Is an awesome company to work for. You are supported 100% of the way and learn many skills that can also help you in your day to day life, whether that be keeping positive or getting outside of your comfort zone. I have been here for 5 years and I don’t plan on going anywhere. The Culture is amazing! You meet so many great people from all over the world. The fundraisers, team leaders and managers you get to work with make you feel at home, a place where you want to stay long term. The same opportunity is here for anyone who walks through the doors.
Pros
Culture, free beer and pizza
27 February 2020
Contact Centre Representative (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
Working at public outreach was an amazing experience! You get to chat to people all day while making a difference to charity. In the morning and after each break you get to play energisers which is really fun and everyone that works there is lovely so you make so many friends! You have got targets to meet weekly but they are definitely achievable. Managers are team leaders are supportive and offer advice to get you there. On Fridays, there are beers in the office after work and they have pizza lunches or a BBQ often too! I can not recommend this place to work for enough!!
7 November 2019
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
Very high turnover of staff, hiring around 10 people every week and losing heaps as well. Very repetitive and mentally exhausting job. Strict on taking any sick days, even had a colleague get told she shouldn't be taking days off for her mental health and quote "why can't you take anti-depressants to fix the problem?". Zero job security, I would be smashing targets all week and then have one average day and be threatened with losing my job. Also, you get paid $26.50 plus bonus, which is great but not what the ad says. The calls are very cold, only certain charities will have you calling warm calls or members. Most of my calls were from people who signed up to win a free iPhone and didn't read the terms and conditions. It's also casual loading, so you're working full-time but don't get any paid sick leave or holiday pay. They have a staff kitchen which is meant to get cleaned but hasn't since I started. Had rubbish everywhere, dirty dishes and mould in the fridge. The other employees are great, but I would only recommend this job if you want something short term.
  1. More than a job: this place is my home