Public Outreach
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Outreach Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Very high turnover of staff, hiring around 10 people every week and losing heaps as well. Very repetitive and mentally exhausting job. Strict on taking any sick days, even had a colleague get told she shouldn't be taking days off for her mental health and quote "why can't you take anti-depressants to fix the problem?". Zero job security, I would be smashing targets all week and then have one average day and be threatened with losing my job. Also, you get paid $26.50 plus bonus, which is great but not what the ad says. The calls are very cold, only certain charities will have you calling warm calls or members. Most of my calls were from people who signed up to win a free iPhone and didn't read the terms and conditions. It's also casual loading, so you're working full-time but don't get any paid sick leave or holiday pay. They have a staff kitchen which is meant to get cleaned but hasn't since I started. Had rubbish everywhere, dirty dishes and mould in the fridge. The other employees are great, but I would only recommend this job if you want something short term.
Working at public outreach was an amazing experience! You get to chat to people all day while making a difference to charity. In the morning and after each break you get to play energisers which is really fun and everyone that works there is lovely so you make so many friends! You have got targets to meet weekly but they are definitely achievable. Managers are team leaders are supportive and offer advice to get you there. On Fridays, there are beers in the office after work and they have pizza lunches or a BBQ often too! I can not recommend this place to work for enough!!
Lots of pressure to meet targets - your job security is threatened by management every day (not just me, the entire team of 6 others we had - all of us quit within two weeks of working there!) Management blatantly lied about salary and benefits - poorly managed and pressurised job which inhibits being able to work properly and raise funds needed Very business oriented and seems like they care more about money than actually raising funds for the charity - told us to lie to the public about what they could actually donate
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Pressure, poor management, sketchy lying
Comment – 12 August 2019
The pay structure and hourly wage is very clearly set out - may i ask what it was to do with your pay structure that you felt misled about? The fact that it is a target based role is also spoken about at length during the interview process.
Simply put, one of the best fundraising agencies out there. No commission, good work/life balance, amazing culture and coworkers, awesome socials, EAP, and progression opportunities. I've had the opportunity to travel around Australia and build a great career working with charities!
Pros
Company culture, employee support, supportive managers
Cons
Targets aren't everybody's cup of tea. Having said that though, they're very achievable and there are bonuses for overachievement.
Supportive and inclusive team culture. Really fun place to work whilst making a positive difference in the world!! Targets are in place to make sure we are doing the best job possible for the charities. Really great hourly wage :)
Pros
Hourly wage, amazing team culture
Complete let down with the way they run the company, this was due to the pressure they placed, despite contradictory saying that they would not place a large amount of pressure on us.