Public Outreach
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Outreach Employee Reviews for Fundraiser

Fundraiser7 reviews
Australia7 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Fundraiser

Being a fundraiser is challenging, yet a rewarding role. You must be resilient, as the job can get to you. Getting your KPIs can be stressful, if you don’t get them then you go on revaluation or let go, so no job security, but the support is always there, and it is up to you to use it. They harp on a bit much about following there script, perfect pillars, rapport, call backs and objection handling. The best part of the job, is knowing the good your doing in the world. For me getting kids sponsored, and looking after our return soldiers was gratifying. You get a salary and on top of that bonuses when you have reached over your KPIs. A lot of young adults are employed within this company and not many seniors like myself, but I formed some amazing friendships that I will keep for life. The rewards and bonuses don’t always get to you, unless you keep reminding upper management. They play loads of games along the way. But all in all a great place to work. I only left due to on going health issues.

Pros

Supportive, You can work overtime if you want. Rewards win game extended lunch breaks.

Cons

Emotionally challenging- Great support -Good Salary

Awesome Pace, Team & Skill Development!

Everyday I come into work I know that I am creating positive change somewhere in the world. We are not necessarily the ones on the ground saving lives or dedicating our time to help others but we are on the phones everyday connecting those who are needing help with long time donors! Coming from a retail background, this feels WAY more rewarding and tested me beyond my limits which I've always loved.This place is a challenge and isn't for the faint hearted. It tests you and will bring you some of the most important conversations you've ever had!

Pros

Team incentives every day and week to keep up momentum, Weekly bonus's & prizes, Team meetings are hilarious and breaks up the day, They're always on the look out for the best fundraisers to promote!

Cons

Can feel repetitive using scripts everyday but you get used to it and make it your own anyway, Intolerable people over the phone, Moral obligation to hit target each week.

If I could write no stars I would, public outreach has a great team leader team however the management and work “culture” is nothing but toxic.

If you want to work a job where you will be threatened every day that you’re going to loose your job then this is for you. Public outreach has the highest turn over of staff ever seen they hire around 15 people a week give or take then within 2 weeks only 3 are left. You are treat like a full timer on causal advantages no annual leave or sick leave if you take time off you are expected to work back or you work your Saturday even though you are CASUAL. The pay is decent but not worth the stress and damage it will do to your mental health. No job stability they hire and fire.

Pros

Good team leaders

Cons

If you don't mind being threatened to be fired every day...

Lots of pressure to meet targets - your job security is threatened by management every day (not just me, the entire team of 6 others we had - all of us quit within two weeks of working there!) Management blatantly lied about salary and benefits - poorly managed and pressurised job which inhibits being able to work properly and raise funds needed Very business oriented and seems like they care more about money than actually raising funds for the charity - told us to lie to the public about what they could actually donate

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Pressure, poor management, sketchy lying

Official response from Public Outreach

12 August 2019
The pay structure and hourly wage is very clearly set out - may i ask what it was to do with your pay structure that you felt misled about? The fact that it is a target based role is also spoken about at length during the interview process.

Amazing culture

Supportive and inclusive team culture. Really fun place to work whilst making a positive difference in the world!! Targets are in place to make sure we are doing the best job possible for the charities. Really great hourly wage :)

Pros

Hourly wage, amazing team culture

Not as good as they say

Complete let down with the way they run the company, this was due to the pressure they placed, despite contradictory saying that they would not place a large amount of pressure on us.

Fun work enviroment

The people I worked with were lovely and friendly and made my time there great. During my time there I felt empowered that I was helping charity. being a fundraising place it was quite stressful and I didn't feel I had any job security.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Outreach?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Public Outreach Reviews by Location

• Public Outreach
  • Fundraiser
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?